It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you justify voting Bush?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Paul Simon, One Trick Pony.

While his faith and anti-murder-of-the-unborn and tax cuts are important, there are other things to take into consideration. Even the fact that Bush is pursuing an aggressive policy against those who have harmed us numerous times and were ignored in previous administrations is not the end-all. One must look at the Democratic alternative.

Kerry only looked "moderate" when Dean was in the race, making even Lenin look less left than he was. Now that he is the candidate, the fact that he is the farthest left senator, even more left than the stereotypical leftists like Kennedy, will surface and have to be recognized. I expect the majority of Americans will not approve. Obviously, the fact that he has taken all sides on all the issues will make him look even worse. His Northeast Elitist background, coupled with his getting rich the Black Widow method probably won't set well with many honest, hard-working Americans, either, and I'd hope that his love of the U.N. will rile the sovereign-minded citizens, too.

In conclusion, taking the anti-Bush, anybody-but-Bush position is just as simple-minded as taking any of the single positions of the previous post.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think The reason I lean more towards Bush is the fact that I come from a strong military background. Stepdad was Army Special Forces, Uncle was Army Infantry in Vietnam, Brother was Army Third Armored Division in Desert Storm, and I served in the Navy . Therefore I definitely have more conservative leanings.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I agree with you T.C., but if Bush did get a new justice in to overturn Roe vs Wade, that would be monumental policy change in America.

There are many factors to look at, although with only two candidates (for the most part) people will have to choose what suits them more than not.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the Paul Simon clarification Thomas. Right now, America is in need of the Atkins Diet - short term reversals that will yield extroidinary results, yet won't be maintained for the long haul.
Every policy in place today needs to be altered or changed.
We are no safer domestically today because of the efforts in the Afgan/Iraqi campaigns. We've grown more terror advocates.
The tax cuts have not spurred any job growth, and being in the IT services business, they've not loosened up the captial expenditure purse strings. Companies posting profits are also increasing their ROI per headcount; meaning = people are working more hours for less. For you non-exempt employees, forget about NAFTA. Focus on the recategorization of what constitutes overtime championed by the Bush team. You are all going to have your jobs with the same extra hours - just none of the pay that let's you have a vacation or braces for Jr.
Us NorthEasters are always going to be viewed as elitists by our Southern cousins....get over it, we won - you lost. Funny that you'd throw that stone when championing the retarded son of CT. blueblood stock whose family was the consigliere to the Rockefellers & Rothchilds. Kerry can't be that elite, since he's carrying Vietminese metal in his body & left his blood over there instead of playing pilot & boozing it up in Texas.
Damn Thomas, if you could find a sexy women whose smart-has money-loves you: you wouldn't marry her!?!
The guy had bank before her, just not nearly as big.
We will only lose our sovereinty by forfeiture by our own had. One of the facilitators of that is to promote Pax Americana. Bearing all the cost & being every way to enforce it, will be our downfall.
I don't make jingoistic statements, but we have the best business minds in the world & the best innovators as well. We easily dominate the world by value & merit of our minds; doing so by protectionists policies cheapens that; doing so by force imperils us.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
True enough, Kerry is not a true blue-blood, but he does not carry actual Vietnam metal in his body. His record is a farce and a joke. You really do not want to bring up his Vietnam record or you'll totally destroy his credibility.

IT-Smitty, B-T, simple math and economics remain true. Also, the fact is the unemployment is down, economic view is much better, and this is on the tail end of a recession Bush inherited with the additional agitation of the dropping of the Trade Center Towers. The recession was the shortest and shallowest, and that cannot be denied.

Enough from me, I don't want to come across as a Bush sympathizer as he has not lived up to the domestic conservative agenda guy he was advertised.

It will be interesting, did all the Democratic moves done to take away the Democratic speaking points work, or did he just help them out for nothing?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Temporary insanity, is the only reason I'll accept...

As long as it was only 'Temporary' and that the insanity was dealt with during the last 4 years

Out of interest ... did you know that Dubya's Skull & Bones name was 'Temporary'

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
note: kerry has no intentions of getting the troops out of iraq either.
nowhere in his programme does he say that.
he believes that we owe the iraqi people in helping them rebuild their country.
... which would require occupying the place as well.

kerry is no model candidate...
in a way... people will be voting for kerry out of fear that bush will win again.
have a little dignity when you cast your ballot.

the only solution to the two-party system is nader!

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by echelon]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
HmmMMm... Let's see...

Strongest stock market closings in nearly 14 years, American factories operating at 20-year highs, 2.2 million new jobs since 2000, no terror attacks on American soil or American interests since 2001, Osama is on the run, Hussein is gone forever, al-Qaeda is in disarray, consumer confidence is way up...

Bush may not go down in history as one of the best Presidents, but he will go down as the man who was able to rally a nation after a tremendous low blow. Like it or not, and IDEOLOGY ASIDE, he is a proven leader.

Kerry has only proven... Well, he hasn't proven nothing.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
No, not domestically -since those 2.2 million jobs since 2000 is a fraction of the job growth spurred consistently by the policies of the previous administration.
Unemployment is down by 3/10ths of a percentage point on average, but is a convenient statistic manufactured by this administration. Tell me, Bushman in a Transformer suit, someone whose been out of work so long that their unemployment has run out and the benefits extension has run out....is still unemployed, right? Those folks ( in the millions ) drop off from the tabulation of the unemployment statistics!! Factiories operating at 20 year highs are because of the ROI I mentioned before - American workers, white & blue collar, are working on teams where someone leaves or is reduced - that headcount isn't replaced - the additional workload is spread amongst the remaining. Hey, I'm guilty of that, but we did give people high reviews and 3.5% pay raises pretty good for my market.
Big deal, Huessin is gone. He wasn't a threat to America before, so why the unwarranted enthusiasm & false sense of security now? Osama is either dead or has been in custody getting well so he can be properly displayed in the trophy case.
Al Qeda was never a cohesive well oiled army, the way you've been lead to believe. SO them being in dissarray is no great accomplishment - but that's even admitting that they are. I just think the tic dug deeper, that's all. Islamic Fundie terrorists are less concerned by the team colors - you don't think they're affiliated to more than one faction? You think a team comprised of those willing to comitt suicide is turning volunteers away?

"Bush may not go down in history as the best president" - what was your first clue on that one Skippy?!?!
Look, it has nothing to do with ideology - if you've followed my posts & my supporting data, as well as the political compass quiz, I would be categorized as a Libertarian if you needed to pigeon hole me, I think money is an aphrodisiac, and I believe in battering to a blood pulp my business competitors. Hardly the polar extreme you're probably painting in your minds eye of where my "LIberal" roots are.
I'm anti-Bush because his policies make no economic sense, he inherited an economy that was at a plateau after historic growth & turned it into a mild recession to support HIS TAX CUT IDEOLOGY. That depened the recession and has not made a robust Amreican Economy. Remember those in the Clinton era? Companies numbers were up AND millions of jobs were created. No jobs = failed policy. All corporation making great profits is great, but until it translates into a reversal of the job loss & unemployment figures, you only have the makings for a Caste System society.
Miserable failure in all areas - Yes.
Proven Leader? No

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Intrestingly enough, I read a short explanation of how the democrats play with the numbers, using different scales and mismatch them to get the numbers they want. Politics, B-T. Neither side has the market cornered, so to speak.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Look at friends & family - how many folks do you know out of work? Mine is the 'hyper' experience because we normally get 30 to 50 desktop support or help desk assignments per month, so I constantly see peoples hardships.
I know from family ( sister & grandmother ) about $900 a month COBRA insurance payments while searching for work AND what Dr.Diickhead's latest and greatest prescription costs for my Nana - I pay it.
I know what GM has been battling with the UAW from my father, and the screws being applied to a 30 year employee.
So yes, politics is a great thing to watch as a spectator sport. But before you place your bets, survey the ones you know & love to see how things have actually shaked out.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
My wife is out of work, well truth be told, she got layed off and I decided to keep her home with the kids which she was cool with.

We pay a lot for insurance, but the job market is far from dried up. The economy in my area is killer and people are making money on a record scale since Bush has been in office.

Locally speaking, things are great here outside the nations Capital.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
We made all our money in 2002 supporting Microsoft Solutions providers who were selling to the military district of Washington.
If you're a tech with an active clearence, sit back & field 10 job offers.
My brother retired after 24 yrs in the Army & took a six figure gig with Booz Allen.
Hot, hot spot. But it is far and away the exception, not the rule.

Man, I miss those trips to Arlington....beutiful place to do business.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well, I am in Real Estate, yet another massive money market here in beautiful northern Va.

But I agree that we are exception. The growth here seems to be out of control and it is so fast, that the roads can not even compete. Builders can not build fast enough to satiate the people moving here.

Arlington is a beautiful spot.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Look at friends & family - how many folks do you know out of work? Mine is the 'hyper' experience because we normally get 30 to 50 desktop support or help desk assignments per month, so I constantly see peoples hardships.
I know from family ( sister & grandmother ) about $900 a month COBRA insurance payments while searching for work AND what Dr.Diickhead's latest and greatest prescription costs for my Nana - I pay it.
I know what GM has been battling with the UAW from my father, and the screws being applied to a 30 year employee.
So yes, politics is a great thing to watch as a spectator sport. But before you place your bets, survey the ones you know & love to see how things have actually shaked out.

For us down here, things are pretty cheery. Those who want jobs have them. There are jobs that have vacancies, even. Other plants have moved in to replace the textile plants that went overseas, mainly automotive manufacturing, that pay more than what I make working on multi million dollar aircraft!

Speaking of jobs, if anyone is interested in aviation, I predict alot of salaried job openings with Sikorsky in 2006. They are going to cut medical benefits out for their retirees after 2006. Alot of experienced and knowledgeable people are going to retire before the cutoff date so as to keep their insurance.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Intrestingly enough, I read a short explanation of how the democrats play with the numbers, using different scales and mismatch them to get the numbers they want.

interestingly enough... this is how republicans play with numbers...

The Bush administration, under fire for its handling of the economy, has quietly killed off a Labor Department program that tracked mass layoffs by U.S. companies.

sf.indymedia.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time someone whose been out of work so long that their unemployment has run out and the benefits extension has run out....is still unemployed, right? Those folks ( in the millions ) drop off from the tabulation of the unemployment statistics!!

I had no problems getting a new job in 2002.

And I'm glad you mentioned our previous administration. Son, you need to take the horse blinders off and take in a panaramic view of politics. Everything Clinton's bubble administration did was extremely temporary. Why do you think the economy began heading south in 2000? We're talking about an administration that neglected an entire region for 8 long years and it's harmful intentions for America.

Can we say the same for the Bush administration?

No. Because the economy has not only been getting stronger, but it's been getting stronger AFTER the largest terror attack carried out against America. And no one can claim that al-Qaeda and the turmoil in the middle east has been ignored.

So give it up, mang. The majority of the country knows that Bush is doing the best job any man could be doing considering the mess he inherited when sworn into office in 2001. And this will be proven at the polls when Bush is re-elected. Trust that!

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
You'ree comparing youself with a, let's say, 40 yr old Project manger with a BS/Family/Mortgage?
We can have, and have had, growth in all the low paying jobs you want, particularly in the Southern US. You think that supports professional America, $35k/yr?
THere's no majority in support of Bush - you're delusional.
After the disgusting attempt at using the dead for political gain in Bushies ads, you folks should steer clear of 9/11.
Neglected a region? How so? The ombing of Iraq never stopped under Clinton. In fact, it only stopped after Shock & Awe in 2003.
Be a Conservative, that's your choice. Just don't be blind to the incompetance of Bush because you percieve him to be on "your team", there are much better choices in the GOP; Peter King & Saxby Chambliss for example.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
We'll see how delusional I am in the fall. LOL

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
You can't blame Dubya for the job loss. That has to go on the backs of every politican that voted for NAFTA, and that supports the IMF and WTO. Added, we will never have a full employment economy. Some people aren't employable--especially older ladies/gentlemen that loose their jobs due to outsourcing. They have to take what they can get and unfortunately that's usually a position at Walley World or something temporary.

The scariest thing about the deficit is that it doesn't include the war on terror or the war in Iraq. The Bushies have yet to release how much this war is costing us. They want to make the tax cuts permanent before they tell us how much we are going to spend and how much this all will inflate the deficit. That's dishonest. How can we continue to let his administration operate like this?

He tries to make everyone happy and that's impossible and costly to american taxpayers. Like the the medicare bill--that was purely political and come to find out it's fiscally impossible to maintain that level of spending without going deeper into debt. edit--oh and let's not forget this bogus immigration policy--that's blatant pandering, my goodness this guy tries to buy votes. No one can support making illegal immigrants legal--or bringing in cheap laborers to compete with americans. Talk about the degradation of this countries values.

If he was honest with the american people about what his policy is doing to the future of america and if he wasn't a bigot then maybe i could justify voting for him. But he's shown his true colors as a corporate whore and dishonest bigot and for that he should get the boot.

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by Saphronia]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join