It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange patient in the ER

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I used to work on a psychiatric triage unit at Charity Hospital in New Orleans, pre-Katrina.

Talk about some strange patients.

Even after a thirteen year lapse of time, you won't find me posting specifics about those cases on-line or even speaking of them in casual conversation.

Regardless of who authored the thread and what that person's credentials might have been, nothing substantive about the so-called predictions were revealed.

What is there to discuss?
]

[edit on 2008/6/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think the best course of action to take here is to close this thread. With a note from the mod explaining if the OP is willing to carry on with the discussion to PM said mod asking for it to be reopened, otherwise we are just going to sit here going round in circles with more people getting more frustrated by the hour.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by theukman

I'm all for leaving this thread open. BoulderMD said he would return in 6 days. If nothing else but to be fair, we should give him 6 days. Besides, if we close this thread, we'd only have to start a new one.

Show let's show more patience than his patients.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I work in a large hospital too, and yes, "we" talk about patients

amongst ourselves but not online! Hipaa doesn't mean you

can't discuss problem / interesting cases....on the other hand,

this was about PREDICTIONS... and there were 2 mentioned, as

i have posted before, by the original BoulderMD.

1. "related to the field of physics" - all speculation here

2. "Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed" the current somali president...ANYONE

REMEMBER THAT PREDICTION ???

There was/would be an 'attack on his plane' - well

THAT HAPPENED (url here)11am local time (somalia) JUNE 1.

boulderMD posted on June 3.

So that did not really count as a prediction.

However, we still have 3 DAYS TO GO

until Jun13.

He said he would return to post then....!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

1. "related to the field of physics" - all speculation here

2. "Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed" the current somali president...ANYONE

I thought the field of physics one was about a University iteself ... not a new advance. They make advances every day. If you find that prediction (in this thread somewhere closer to the beginning) you might find I'm wrong ... or not. I just THOUGHT it was about an institution rather than a discovery by the way it was worded. I may have misinterpretted.

The second one there, wasn't a prediction by the time he posted it. It was a prediction the patient told him that came true ... and that's why he decided to post on ATS to find out if paranormal activity is real or not. It was a prediction that came true; but, one he used to make his decision to come here. That's over on the doctor's original thread on page 1.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
From BMD on the 4th June..."The prediction is regarding an east coast research facility at a top school. According to his statement to me they will discover something in 5 days from now that will change what we know of physics (specifically energy and matter as we understand them)"

Now, the 5 days have passed, and have we heard anything significant? Will we hear anything significant?

As previously mentioned, scientific discoveries are rarely reported until data is checked and re-checked dozens of times, especially when the discovery is as world-changing as BMD says.

Is this a prediction we can actually check?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
well boulder got scared maybe lol

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

yes, you are right, that was a posteriori and his reason for posting.

i don't know the time the patient was evaluated, i don't think

anyone does...its hard to correlate any accident data without

knowing the exact date of the patient encounter too.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
watch the world of physics
what about THIS
and, its what i was hoping it might be

btw, not sayign this is what old doc meant, but, well, pretty awsome tho

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Regarding the Somali transitional president Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed: he is in constant danger and poor health.

Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
That's some pretty interesting stuff that Babylonstew pointed to. I wonder why this topic (Bouldermd) is getting so much play. It was a great story. Then some claimed to be medical pros and said they know for sure BMD is not. Someone else was banned for posting BMD's personal information, which yet another claimed did in fact track back to a real Boulder doctor, before it was deleted.

I thought today was the day BMD said he would return. An earlier post on this thread sais it's tomorrow. Either way, what if he does come back on, probably on this thread as the origional is closed, and what if he sais the story linked by Babylonstew was the other prediction he was alluding to? It wouldn't change my opinion that it's all bogus. I need to hear something a week before it happens, then see it come to pass. That, to me is proof.

But the way BMD got jumped on and kicked around in the origional post, I doubt we'll be hearing much more on this. Why not reopen the origional thread and see if he makes an appearance tomorrow, then? What have we got to lose?

BS or not, a lot of people seem interested in this story. And I for one would like to see if he shows, points out what he claimed to be waiting for (with a little more of that same creepy story), and maybe offers something a little more 'prophetic'.

Wouldn't it be great if he made a bold prediction and in another week, we all saw it come to pass? I just won't be holding my breath. But it was an interesting story, none the less.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall
Is this a prediction we can actually check?

No need its a total Hoax. OP never came back, nothing happened, it debunked itself. On to the next hoax.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

Patience, patients....

Man that really got me, but it is spot on.
As much as I feel I have made up my own mind on this case, I am still giving the Doc the benefit of the doubt here, and as stated in the original thread, the OP will be back if the prophecy is fulfilled, so it is just a matter of time... and time is fortunately on our side on this one.

Yes, it's tough... but that is just the way it goes here, for better or worse.
Once we get word we will go from there.

~In Time~
~telemetry~

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by telemetry
as stated in the original thread, the OP will be back if the prophecy is fulfilled, so it is just a matter of time... and time is fortunately on our side on this one.

Actually, I believe he clearly stated he'd be back in 7 days, not when the prophecies were fulfilled. Someone might like to qualify this, but I'm pretty certain.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Yeah. It was on the 4th, already. Boulder md's last post, I think. He didn't say, "IF the prediction comes to". He said, "As promised I'll post here again in a week (actually six days now)". That should have been on the 10th then, shouldn't it? The thread has remained closed. I'm still kind of hoping he pops up here.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
As clear from my contact with him, he is/was very aware of this thread. There's no need for two threads on this open at the same time. It would be unfair to the OP of this thread to close it and reopen the BMD thread.

Without some major developement, the other thread WILL remain closed.

And as far as I am concerned, time has run out for the return of BMD according to what he said in the original thread.

This thread remains open only as long as it interests our members to discuss the events. The choice is yours. BUT, it will not be closed at the "desire" of some to halt it. This site is user generated, which in my mind means ALL members here, not just those who want this to end.

Carry on, or not.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Unless you have actually heard from him, I think it is fair now to put up the HOAX tag given the lack of anything coming from super conductors in his specified time frame and his ongoing absence.

It was a good story it was a shame it wasn't finished.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Please keep these types of posts in mind the next time someone comes trolling into ATS to tell you that the sky is falling.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I believe I found the break through in physics that was spoken of. I have attached a link.

news.rpi.edu...(1)

Solar Power Game-Changer: “Near Perfect” Absorption of Sunlight, From All Angles

A new antireflective coating developed by researchers at Rensselaer could help to overcome two major hurdles blocking the progress and wider use of solar power. The nanoengineered coating, pictured here, boosts the amount of sunlight captured by solar panels and allows those panels to absorb the entire spectrum of sunlight from any angle, regardless of the sun’s position in the sky.

Credit: Rensselaer/Shawn Lin

Researchers at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute have discovered and demonstrated a new method for overcoming two major hurdles facing solar energy. By developing a new antireflective coating that boosts the amount of sunlight captured by solar panels and allows those panels to absorb the entire solar spectrum from nearly any angle, the research team has moved academia and industry closer to realizing high-efficiency, cost-effective solar power.

Nearly 93% efficient!!

BoulderMD ... if you are still checking this site please U2U me if I am correct.

As a final note, I have emailed the college to see if the first succesful trial was in June of this year.

No pun intended, but I'll keep you posted!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Not one comment on this?

Wow!

Not a one liner

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join