It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOD Contracts Out Contractor Oversight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

DOD Contracts Out Contractor Oversight

www.truthout.org

The Department of Defense (DOD) now employs contractors to keep contractors in check in Iraq, under a new framework for war industry management solidified last month.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
That is just plain absurd. Talk about the fox guarding the henhouse.

I mean who comes up with these things?

www.truthout.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
i can see it now ` blackwater security have been awarded a $100 million USD contract to provide contractor oversight for the daily operations of the security company - blackwater security`

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is pure genius. You kill two birds with one stone. You scam even more government moola for your buddies --and-- the same time eliminate any possibility of being caught doing it!! WOW!! Double entry.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

So the fox will be guarding the hen house. Nice. Here's a little article I was gonna make into a thread, but it will do just as well here.

GAO: More monitoring needed for 'conflicts of interest'

I guess the politico's didn't read it, or don't really care.

Starred and Flagged. You'd think this would get at least SOME satirical air-time.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The forces of corruption grow more brazen every day. I can't wait to see what the neo-con apologists on this site fish out of the toilet in order to defend this nonsense........

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The irony of the situation never ceases to amaze me. I've got $10 that says Halliburton will be contracted over see KBR, and vice versa.

No conflict of interest there.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is one of the things that has always bugged me about the whole outsourcing issue - accountability.
Where government spending of taxpayer money is involved, there should be an independent publicly staffed oversight body, with people who have no business connections and are thus untainted by the sheer corruption we see today.

I have seen this in the UK where an outsourced company, on a ministry of defence contract was charging over £3K for a standard desktop Pc that could be had direct from Dell for about £500 - £600 (possibly less after bulk buying was taken into account). The difference from a standard non MoD Pc? Absolutely nothing except the MoD stamp of approval.

Now, I know companies have to make a profit but the line has to be drawn somewhere and, as a taxpayer, I object to getting ripped off while someone in the government procurement process or a senior civil servant or MP takes a backhander.

Just think of the £millions (£Billions?) that could be saved in a year with the proper oversight and management of the money.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
No one has ever been able to convince me that privatizing the government is a good idea. Some things should be outside of private hands... prisons, the military, key functions of government and oversight....

... Of course the Republicans have succeeded in outsourced the presidency to a moron.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Someone, who I don't know, created the 'meme' that our country should be run like a business. THIS is the result of that meme going unchallenged for decades. It's pathetic to think that loyalty to profit can coexist within the civil service paradigm.

It has destroyed every institution it has touched, education, health care, food and drug, communications, you name it. It basically turns all the people's wealth into chum for the sharks.

new topics

top topics

join