It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitehouse 'Mega-Lie' Grows More Brazen and Dramatic

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Whitehouse 'Mega-Lie' Grows More Brazen and Dramatic

www.afterdowningstreet.org

As Bob Fertik keeps pointing out Germany, France, Russia, and China were among the nations whose intelligence agencies rejected the pre-Iraq war lies from the White House.

As the White House keeps pointing out, basic obvious facts that are six years old can simply be erased by claiming otherwise repeatedly.

US rejects Australia PM charges of twisted Iraq intelligence

WASHINGTON (AFP) — The White House Monday rejected Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's charges of "abuse" of pre-war intelligence on Iraq, saying "the entire world" agreed on the threat posed by Saddam Hussein.
"We acted on the intelligence that we had, and that the entire world had," spokeswoman Dana Perino told reporters after Rudd alleged "abuse of intelligence information" on the regime in Baghdad.

(visit the link for the full news artiicle)

[edit on 3-6-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Do these people believe that the entire planet is stupid? That if they just keep repeating the same lies over and over again that everyone will just say "oh, they keep saying the same thing, so it MUST be true"?

The CIA THEMSELVES were telling these morons that Iraq had no WMDs! They tossed the reports out!

These liars make Pinnochio look like a saint.

www.afterdowningstreet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Found a video that goes along PERFECTLY with this endless lie-and-destruction brigade these criminals keep perpetuating:

The Whitehouse Lie Factory

www.brasschecktv.compage...

Treason is never old news

It must be pretty clear now - even to the densest of individuals - that Bush and his fellow weasels deliberately lied the US into the Iraq war.

So how does the US news media respond to a former press secretaries account of this reality?

They question his loyalty, his accuracy, his motivations.

And it's largely working.

These questions have framed the discussion of the McClellan book.

Not the fact that we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Bush and Rove and Rice and Cheney lied, betrayed the country and did it for personal gain.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Let's face it. The whole WMD line was repeated ad naseum to instill fear and drum up patriotic support. I can't even phatom the sheer number of times that WMD, 9/11, and terrorism were clumped together to justify an unjustifiable war.

Unfortunately, it's human nature to want to believe that our highest elected officials truly have our best interests at heart. As we can see that's not always the case.

Truth be told, if something is repeated often enough people will come to believe it without any necessary evidence.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
'If a lie is told often enough it will become in the peoples mind a caste iron truth'.

Thats from the Nazi elite in the years before WW2 discussing the need for an 'enemy' to rouse the patriotic feelings in the people. They chose the communists.... Bush chose terrorists and weapons of mass destruction.

Starred and flagged this thread. its important people keep being exposed to the red pill till they wake up.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This should come as no surprise to anyone who understands that there is an underlying goal of taking over this country (USA) and the world. As long as they can keep the public in a state of willingness to sit on their collective as..partame... They have what they want.

With their pocket media obediently asking the wrong questions, the average Joe, whose most important question in life seems to be "What's the cheapest beer this week?," will never independently ask the right questions (Like, "Why aren't we impeaching NOW!?!"). And in this beery blitz will be led to slaughter.

May more of us connect with this site for a better perspective.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This US administration will soon lack the positioning to successfully swat away objections due to the lack of 'journalistic' integrity in the country. Soon enough, the systemic roadblocks to access and exposure will be removed from their controlling hands, and then there may be an opportunity to examine the mechanism they used to abuse their power, and who tacitly allowed it to happen, and who benefited.

It will be called a witch hunt, it will be called political retaliation, it will be derided as destructive and mean spirited. But it must happen nevertheless. Those who will be seen as victims actively made it so that this would be the only way to determine who acted how, and when. If we as a nation fail to muster the will to fix this problem, so that it can never happen again, then we will know we are sheeple.

Make note of which politicians resist the investigation, manipulate the events, re-frame the past to make is 'excusable'. We've already seen the MSM with their efforts to explain away their 'tacit' approval of the actions of the Bush administration since it was placed in power. They honestly believe that the audience MUST believe them to be right because THEY SAY SO. Any objections are 'NOT REASONABLE' by virtue of the fact that they go against their position.

Starred and Flagged.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This is one we need to keep drudging up to make sure these pathological liars don't keep BSing their way out of everything...NINE HUNDRED AND THIRTY FIVE LIES to march us into this disaster!!

Study: Bush Led U.S. To War On False Pretenses

The study counted 935 false statements in the two-year period. It found that in speeches, briefings, interviews and other venues, Bush and administration officials stated unequivocally on at least 532 occasions that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction or was trying to produce or obtain them or had links to al-Qaida or both.

"It is now beyond dispute that Iraq did not possess any weapons of mass destruction or have meaningful ties to al-Qaida," according to Charles Lewis and Mark Reading-Smith of the Fund for Independence in Journalism staff members, writing an overview of the study. "In short, the Bush administration led the nation to war on the basis of erroneous information that it methodically propagated and that culminated in military action against Iraq on March 19, 2003."

Source:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

That revelation is staggering! I'm curious as to how the spin doctors are going to spin that bit of info around. Let's face it, 935 lies in such a short time frame is a mighty mountain of false statements to climb over.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
well plenty of people seem to be fallng for the "iran wants to build and attack us with WMD line".

people's minds can be manipulated to a degree that is staggering

- it's a good thing for gov't that men don't think- hitler and aint it true

so many lies, so much drama in daily life, bills, kids, divorce, job blah blah feakin blah

people just tune out most external gov't type stuff and when they listen in they tend to latch on and trust what our leaders/media have to say, because people are naive and ignorant about certain things (like propoganda/history of deception, but that doesn't stop them from having stern opinions.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
My major concern is that the current financial, fuel and food markets (all interlinked, I know) may be just a way to distract people from the impending attacks on iran.

Notice how much MSM time is devoted to these problems in comparison to iran.

Notice how little air time the 2007 NIE got, and indeed shrubs reaction to it, while all the time they are banging the war drum to try and consolidate political consensus through a programme of propaganda.

I can imagine the conversation in the whitehouse:
"Well, they fell for it once, let's do it again"

Sometime soon, someone will count up how many times iran and nuclear weapons have been mentioned in the same sentence with democracy, freedom and the "war on terror" and then we'll see the trick in all it's glory.

So, my concern is that the current global problems are a simple magicians mis-direction trick, and are manufactured problems.

[edit on 4/6/2008 by budski]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
So, my concern is that the current global problems are a simple magicians mis-direction trick, and are manufactured problems.

Exactly! It's a ruse, or more aptly, a typical bait-and-switch scheme. I'm waiting for news to break that Paris Hilton, Britney Spears and Michael Jackson are engaging in a threesome.

Nothing like a fluff piece to detract from the real events at hand.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I see great comments here. For those in-the-know, it's quite clear. Now we all look around and wonder why others are not seeing these lies and schemes. We are all frustrated because it is so clear to us.

Maybe things needed to get so bad (Bush) for people to see the Light versus Shadow? I'm just hoping even the redneck war lovers have had enough of Bush and want a change about now. What was the original thread...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

That revelation is staggering! I'm curious as to how the spin doctors are going to spin that bit of info around. Let's face it, 935 lies in such a short time frame is a mighty mountain of false statements to climb over.

I bet they merely ignore it as a rule. There has been a very great deal of information I have seen that I think, Wow... THAT'll make a splash! Only to never hear another word about it - and often, if it's web-based, Big Brother has eliminated the evidence.

Well, they might not be able to eliminate this evidence, but they surely can pretend it doesn't exist, leaving our average duped Joe to believe that things are hunky-dory.

Unless the average duped Joe comes here with an open mind soon, it won't make a difference.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
No disrespect to the OP intended, but I fail to understand why so many repeatedly beat up on the Bush administration when Clinton's administration also believed their were WMD's in Iraq.

www.nationalreview.com...

www.freerepublic.com...

and

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4-6-2008 by sos37]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
No disrespect to the OP intended, but I fail to understand why so many repeatedly beat up on the Bush administration when Clinton's administration also believed their were WMD's in Iraq.

Well don't be surprised, but the Clinton administration is responsible for a couple of million dead iraqis.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

The real point is that the Bush administration new this information to be false from several military and goverment sources. Yet they chose to present this false information repeatedly as a justification for war in Iraq.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Wasn't British intelligence implicit in the famous " Iraq capable of launching WMD's In 45 Minutes" statement?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
reply to post by sos37

The real point is that the Bush administration new this information to be false from several military and goverment sources. Yet they chose to present this false information repeatedly as a justification for war in Iraq.

So here's my question - did Clinton also know this data was false? How do we know that Bush knew the info was false when he pressed for invading Iraq? Clinton didn't just stand by, either. He didn't take us into war, but he did impose economic sanctions that many say killed more Iraqis than this current war.

Also, according to these links, U.N. official Rolf Ekeus claimed that the faulty WMD intel was engineered by the Clinton administration to set up Bush:

"A former senior UN diplomat has revealed to me details of how, just over 10 years ago, the Clinton administration deliberately sabotaged UN weapons inspections in Iraq.

American officials were fearful that Iraq would be officially certified as weapons-free, a development that was seen as a political liability for Bill Clinton. Thus the stage was set for the manufacture of the Iraqi WMD myth as the excuse for George Bush's catastrophic invasion of Iraq."

www.wsws.org...

www.counterpunch.org...

davjohn.newsvine.com...

If this is true, then it confirms what I've suspected all along. That Bush isn't the evil man that everyone thinks he is. He may be a bit naive at times, but not evil. But the Clintons really are evil and have been a thorn in this country's side for a long, long time.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Yep, hence the Dr David Kelly leak about "sexed up" documents and press briefings - a leak which cost him his life in an apparent suicide.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join