It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitehouse 'Mega-Lie' Grows More Brazen and Dramatic

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Emmanuel Goldstein was hauled out at 11:00 AM daily by the Bush administration for the Iraq war, metaphorically speaking of course. And his doppelganger now appears in the form of Iran. The mood that was created for Iraq and is now again being attempted for Iran smacks of the McCarthy period,in the phrase,"if you are not with us you're against us".

The axion,"those that ignore history are failed to repeat it" still holds true. No matter how recent or long ago the history is.

We have an administration that has lied to the people of this country. Surely it isn't the first one ,but is the most inept at doing so. And yet nothing is being done to rectify this. Is there a fear of putting a bad image on the office of the presidency by dealing with a sitting president? And yet with certainly the sitting president has had no problem in creating a now questionable image of that office.

The concern now should be that new limits have been set by this administration circumventing a existing system of checks and balances.. Limits that broke with the norm and stretched the Constitution of our country. And although this casued questions to be asked,no actions were taken to bring back those limits to where they were. So now in the furture the present administration's actions will be the norm and we the people and the nation will have lost a little bit more again.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PimpyMcgibbins
It's an oil war people....no matter what WMD's were claimed to be found or not found- this war is about oil and genocide. Bush wants control of the middle east by any means necessary.

It is indeed. I point all to this thread and recommend that the whole of the vids be watched: www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Yes, the guy starts slowly. Some repetition, and all. But when He gets to the punch... The rest make the punch comprehensible.

What I cant understand is why aren't other countries doing anything about it?

Germany & China are very large and respected nations- I think they should be pointing fingers now as opposed to just saying..."Well...our reports don't match bush's and we don't agree but...whatever"

Heh. What would that gain them? Better to just sit by the sidelines and let the IMF, the WHO, the NWO guys do what they are going to do. And don't forget... Many of them are in charge of countries like Germany. Maybe even China.

Action needs to take place- how many more lies do we need to hear before bush is thrown out of office?

He deserves to be hung just like Saddam was.

As long as the MSM is in the pockets of those who would lie... Don't expect any uprising. Sure there are many of us who see the issue. But there are so very many more who can't see the forest for the trees. They can't add all the pieces together to come up with a cohesive whole, in large part because they can't see all the trees.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It's too bad we don't have a real Jack Bauer to save the day.

At least he knew how to bring down a corrupt President!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This all seems very similar to the events from the late 1960's into the mid 1970's. Vietnam was a war we could not win. It was provacated under the idea of communism being "bad".

I wonder, is this a cycle for the US? In the 1970's, the US was getting soundly beaten by foreign goods (especially the auto industry). Things were bad on the engery front as well.

Any of this sound familiar?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Regarding the gullibility of people concerning this topic: the other day I received an email from a friend. The email is one of those patriotic things that people circulate, relating something about McCain's son going to Iraq. I responded sarcastically, "Good! Maybe he'll find those weapons of mass destruction that threaten our security!" She responded by sending me a link to a what she termed a "very important book." It is, The Connection: How al Qaeda's Collaboration with Saddam Hussein Has Endangered America by Stephen F. Hayes. She told me it is her husband's favorite book on the subject. Now, the husband is ex-military, a former pilot, and college educated, so I would think he's no idiot, BUT I read the reviews on Amazon, and this book has NO references or footnotes. Could I come on this board and make claims with nothing to back me up? No. Could I write a paper in a college class without footnotes? No. Yet this educated man thinks this little book is some kind of gospel and all the news stories, videos, etc., that I cited that would debunk the idea of WMD/al Qaeda are all lies by the liberal media. My friend wrote to me and said Bush stopped Hussain from coming over here and "gassing us like he did the Kurds."

If people like them can be lead down the path by a poorly written book and their will to be conservative, right-wingers at all costs, think how easy it is to sway those less educated and experienced. Scary.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
This all seems very similar to the events from the late 1960's into the mid 1970's. Vietnam was a war we could not win. It was provacated under the idea of communism being "bad".

I wonder, is this a cycle for the US? In the 1970's, the US was getting soundly beaten by foreign goods (especially the auto industry). Things were bad on the engery front as well.

Any of this sound familiar?

The Vietnam war was primarily to control drug traffic. Granted, we chose Afghanistan first to control oil in, because in the process, we could control the opium fields.

The CIA needs all the black ops funding it can get.

But yes. The same BS sprouts to motivate us into accepting all kinds of creppola.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lookingup

Some people will cling to their comfortable world view no matter how much evidence they have to deflect from their consideration.

Sorry some of those are in your family. That makes it tough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join