It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitehouse 'Mega-Lie' Grows More Brazen and Dramatic

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Do these people believe that the entire planet is stupid?

Yes. They believe it because they have gotten away with this for years. It does work. Some people see through it, but many if not most start believing the lies. The tide slowly feels like it is turning, but this tactic has been very effective so far.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

On that note, I'm constantly amazed at the amount of intelligent people who think that governments don't lie to them on a regular basis.

It's a constant battle for me to drip feed information to people rather than just blurting it out (and thus being labelled a nutter)

For instance, if a conversation turns to iraq, I might say "can you remember the reason they told us we had to go to war" instead of going on a 10 minute rant

I think the scariest thing is that some people don't WANT to know.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
By the time anything is done (if anything is done), it'll be too late. It's already too late. I don't believe the tide is turning one bit. If anything the tide continues to get higher. We are being played the fool because they (Bush Admin.) KNOW there is nothing we the people can do to stop them. They have set the stage for a complete take over of our freedom and this country by way of the signing statements, economy, forclosures, food prices, gas prices, credit/debt, and worse of all, they're playing the WMD game all over again with Iran... Mark my words, they will provoke Iran to retaliate and all hell will break loose... martial law, extended "presidency", forced draft, etc.

How can we possibly stop this if the democratic congress won't do anything... vote?!? You've got to be kidding!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Why would they need to provoke Iran into attacking? They will just make something up, like they ddid with Iraq, and go ahead with their plans. We know they lied, the whole world knows they lied, but as long as the press puts their spin on it, sheeple will stay in their pens and wait expectantly for their rations and grazing time. What we really need is a covert force that will be ready when they do try to take our liberties. Don't give up, don't give in. Fight every inch of the way, the future depends upon it.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
I think the scariest thing is that some people don't WANT to know.

This quote speaks volumes. There are some people who don't want to know because truth scares the hell out of them. What's the phrase I'm searching for...

Oh, yeah. "Ignorance is bliss."

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

Precisely why I don't care for any of the candidates. If I wasn't so upset that my original vote wouldn't count (I would write in Duncan Hunter) then I wouldn't vote for John McCain, but as it stands I don't trust Obama because of his ties with terrorist Islam and Hamas, there's no way I trust Clinton. I don't trust McCain either, but I think he's least likely to destroy the country during a single term of office.

I do, however believe change is coming. I think the next four years are going to be so painful in terms of the economy, gas prices, healthcare, immigration, foreign policy issues, NAFTA, watchdogging IRAN - that when 2012 comes around we'll actually have a whole slew of serious candidates to shoose from on both sides - candidates who actually give a damm about this country and want to see what's best for all.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
No disrespect to the OP intended, but I fail to understand why so many repeatedly beat up on the Bush administration when Clinton's administration also believed their were WMD's in Iraq.

Or at least that's what they said. There is no difference between the Democrats and the Republicans when it comes down to it. They are both a bread-and-circuses show for the electorate while they blythely do what they are planning to do to us anyway.

So irrespective of who's in power, the lies are the same.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Being the “new guy” I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes, but it seems to me that most of you all want to put the blame squarely on Bush, Bush administration and republicans. Should we not see this as a failing of the U.S. Government? Yes there were some folks that were outspoken in there opposition(some very outspoken). But time after time vote after vote, both parties voted yes. Yes to go to war, yes to stay at war, yes to the turn of Billons of dollars. And every time there was a vote to increase Americas financial responsibility in this war then there was money to be had. Remember all those “ear marks”? Why would a bill that add a few Billion more for, oh I don’t know, lets say a troop surge have all these sneaky little “ear marks” for all these silly little projects coasting millions buried in the fine print by a dozen different senators? Going to war based on lies is WRONG. But so is sticking your face in front of any news camera or reporter that will have you spouting off the latest talking points and cute little catch phrases all while using the situation to basically steal money from the working class.
The whole Bush/War thing is just a symptom of a much larger problem which is Government and politicians mostly it’s the politicians.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NTXfirefighter

I absolutely agree with you. The ENTIRE system, save for a couple of "out of the box" members is rotten and corrupt to the core. Just look up the thread "151 members of the House and Senate directly profiteering off the war", and you'll see this is corruption and outright criminality at its finest, and thousands are DYING to fullfill these lunatics greedy agendas!

BUT-RIGHT NOW, as this thread is addressing is the BUSH ADMIN's CURRENT lie-brigade to try and sweep under the carpet the fallacies they bombarded everyone with to spur this disaster into motion. If we see congress attempting the same type of farcical rhetoric and lies, they will be called out on it too--Make no mistake about it. People are out there dying to continue these scum's agendas, and they are trying to FURTHER them with Iran as we speak!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

American officials were fearful that Iraq would be officially certified as weapons-free, a development that was seen as a political liability for Bill Clinton. Thus the stage was set for the manufacture of the Iraqi WMD myth as the excuse for George Bush's catastrophic invasion of Iraq."

If this is true, then it confirms what I've suspected all along. That Bush isn't the evil man that everyone thinks he is. He may be a bit naive at times, but not evil. But the Clintons really are evil and have been a thorn in this country's side for a long, long time.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by sos37]

Well I think Lil Shrub is as guilty as the rest of them.
He uses his "I am moronic' persona in a way to seem less culpable.

Daddy Bush and Bill Clinton were skipping down the same road hand in hand......Bill just played like he was on a different side of the fence.
Face it folks the Clintons are at all the Bilerburg meetings smiling and looking all kinds of 'cat that ate the canary'

I would LOVE to see a woman in the white house but voting for Billary is asking for MORE of the same old thing, as we have been in the ~BUSH/CLINTON nwo regime~ for a long time now.......and we NEED OUT of this.....I think McCain is trotting right behind the Shrub family plotting to 'carry on' in like manner as his voting record CLEARLY shows.......

I don't SEE a CLEAR way out of this beyond writing in Ron Paul's name to be honest.
I wish we could create a NEW WAY......get a new focus for all of us together to work towards, and get away from this 'old school' tripe they are shoving down our throats. With this new rumor of Billary running as Obama's VP I won't be able to consciously vote for him either as she represents EVERYTHING we need to get away from.

It seems the ONLY clear voice speaking up for REAL CHANGES is Ron Paul.........
The times we are in are so confusing to me and I am POSITIVE this to was part of the plan......SCARE *& CONFUSE the crap out of the people so they won't know which way to turn.

(at least that is how I feel)....and I believe it was ORCHESTRATED.

"calgon take me away"

[edit on 4-6-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NTXfirefighter

As disgusted as I am about the developments in my country, I have to disagree with you. Not so much the sentiment as the blame.

You have nailed many of the recurring failings of the government. But I don't believe you addressed the actual problem. You have described the symptoms but not the disease.

Our government, as it is meant to be, WORKS. The government, as described in the constitution of the United States of America, while imperfect in its conception, holds within it the legal authority for change - at the behest of the citizens. It creates a power unlike any that had ever been seen. And it succeeded even through the dividing of the nation during the Civil War. Perhaps there were catastrophic failures, BUT the form of government essentially survived. This speaks volumes of the 'national character.'

This government became an immediate and present threat to those who held all the economic power hitherto. It took them a very long time to consolidate the economic power in this country. It was done, and our leaders, many of them NOT of the 'presidential' variety, fought or tried to warn us of this 'usurpation' of power. We did NOT heed because they were more clever, and there was no inkling that they would do such a thing. Our leaders were duped. It's a common problem when you throw spoiled rich kids in positions of power. THAT'S why we have a congress, a senate, and *ahem* a judiciary branch.

We have a vehicle here that has more than one 'broken' component. That is the problem.

I could go another way with this. The importance of restoring our government as it was intended is evidenced by the very fact that our form of government immediately came under attack by the most nefarious evil power whores on the planet. They knew that unless they corrupted our leaders the peoples' wealth could not be rested from them. They, in turn, did NOT rest until they had infiltrated our government and now basically milk our nation like a heifer.

I stand by the Constitutional Republic, the PEOPLE are the Captain of the ship, the President is the Pilot! If we could completely EMPTY congress, the senate, and the judiciary, and hold a plebiscital election to fill the seats with non politically aligned citizens we could be NO WORSE OFF...

sorry for ranting....

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

No disrespect to the OP intended, but I fail to understand why so many repeatedly beat up on the Bush administration when Clinton's administration also believed their were WMD's in Iraq.

Well, if you want to start bashing the Clinton administration, you have to also remember that memo that Bill left for GW, telling him that there was an imminent threat from Al-Qaida. GW choseto ignore that warning.

Now, please don't misunderstand me. I still believe that the attack on the Twin Towers was the creation of the administration. I think that, if anything, they used the aforementioned memo to make people believe that the attack was real.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
They believe it because they have gotten away with this for years. It does work. Some people see through it, but many if not most start believing the lies. The tide slowly feels like it is turning, but this tactic has been very effective so far.

Or, they could want to evoke dissent. Why?

Last night I read "Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars", that someone (I think DD) linked to. Frothing stuff, scary, very conspiracy-theoryish. It drew a parallel between theories of the economy and economic flow and models of electricity and electrical flow in circuits. It postulated that the behavior of economic systems is, at covert levels, much more understood and deterministic than publicly assumed.

The theory went on that military research into 'shock testing' -- applying stress to components (such as aircraft parts) and computationally analyzing the results to improve the structural design model -- was applied to economics. This was made possible due to 'context-free' mathematical methods for modeling, analysis, and iterative model improvement. Deliberate market shortages, economic crises, manipulated economic stresses on individuals and market players could all be explained as 'shock testing' to generate data in order to improve the accuracy of the covert economic model applied by the privileged for their benefit and to maintain their control.

So, could media events be applied to the same type of model? Could flow of information, the energy of 'outrage', motivated induction of coordination amongst concerned citizens, etc, be analyzed in a similar mathematical model?

If so, then 'injected' information designed to invoke outrage and 'shock test' serves only to help improve the model, when analyzed. And analyzing a computerized medium such as the Internet yields much more data than opinion polls, anecdotal HUMINT reports, etc. Hey, wasn't the Internet invented by DARPA?

Like a pair of 'Chinese fingercuffs', the more you struggle and object, the more the trap tightens. Unless you look at it, see the dynamic, and simply push your fingers together.

Edit: too depressingly fatalistic. sorry.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Maxmars.....I think your 'rant', as you said was right on (spot on, for our British readers).

I absolutely think that DimensionalDetective needs to be commended for finding all of this information, and posting it (not just this thread...the other two dozen or so threads as well!!!) .... because it is a point of a democracy that the people have a voice.

My 'rant'....if I may...is there are other democracies on this planet ... some are shams, we know which ones. Some are Parliamentary based.

Trying to be back on point....in the US, it was Constitutionally-based, and dependant on a Triumvirant....the three-powers concept. (Guess the Founders looked at a three-legged stool, and were inspired)

I, however, would like to use another analogy....the most simple, stable base only needs three legs. A fourth (the Dick Cheney VP???) just complicates the issue.....

Legislative, Judiciary and Executive.....those are the three 'legs' of, at least, the Constitutional Democracy experiment that (was) the USA.

I put them in the proper order, from the base of the pyramid, going up, according to the power they should be able to weild, as a group.

(meaning.....the Legislative is supposed to represent the people, and their will. If that 'will' is unreasonable, then it gets 'kicked up' to a higher authority. BUT, that 'higher' authority is still subject to review, at all times, by the 'base'....hence, the people....etc, etc....)

The 'PEOPLE' rule, in a true Democracy....not a few elitists, who happen to be millionaires or billinonaires.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I am in total 100% agreement with you. After reading your reply I realized I should have said this current group of politicians. and by current I mean last 20 years or so until present day. Somehow I strongly doubt that THIS is what our founding fathers had in mind. Our current political system is a twisted mutated, impotent imitation of its former self with made in China stamped right on it arse.

BUT-RIGHT NOW, as this thread is addressing is the BUSH ADMIN's CURRENT lie-brigade to try and sweep under the carpet the fallacies they bombarded everyone with to spur this disaster into motion.

DimensionalDetective, you are also right. I am sorry. I've seen a few deferent forum sites but ATS is the first one I ever cared to be an active participant and I never cared much for chat room and such but ignorance isn’t any excuse for poor manners and I do apologize.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I am repeatadly amazed how people accept lies.

Katie Couric for f*cks sake said regarding the runup to the war:

"I think it's a very legitimate allegation," said CBS News' Katie Couric. "I think it's one of the most embarrassing chapters in American journalism.

"And I think there was a sense of pressure from corporations who own where we work and from the government itself to really squash any kind of dissent or any kind of questioning of it," Couric added. "I think it was extremely subtle but very, very effective."

Now she can say that on national television and ....nothing...not a peep.

I mean that is one out of a million recent examples of the truth not registering with the general public.

People just glaze over with this strange detachment...oh he lied us into war for finacial benefit hmm that's bad someone should do something about that...

simulating drowning is not torture...tieing someone up and stuffing them headfirst into a sleeping bag and sitting on them until they die is an accidental death. Holding people without trial seems harsh but they must have a good reason...Gas is $4 bucks a gallon because of complicated financial reasons market speculation...defense manufacturers sell weapons to both sides of conflicts...Iran may get nuclear weapons...Pakistan already has nuclear weapons...N Korea has them...Afghan poppy production is at an all time high...housing bubble was a scam charged to the taxpayers for the benefit of banks....on and on...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
And in todays news, Senate investigation finds the Whitehouse Liar brigade IGNORED intelligence that didn't coincide with their agendas...

Bush IGNORED doubts on Iraq Arms: Senate Report

The Senate study supported previous reports and findings that the administration's main case for war -- that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction -- was inaccurate and deeply flawed.

Many intelligence conclusions that Iraq had or was developing weapons of mass destruction turned out to be inaccurate.

The report also said cited at least one statement -- by then-Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, that the Iraqi government operated underground weapons of mass destruction facilities -- was not backed up by intelligence information.

Full Story:

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Yes they do believe this. WHy? It's basic psychology. They believe if they say one thing enough that people will take it as truth. What they don't realize is that people are getting around 'their' truth and starting to see the crap behind the mouthpieces.

A lot of people don't know why Valerie Plame was exposed by Dick Cheney. She was exposed because she was investigating where the 'supposed' WMD intel that the Bush administration gave to the world came from. Dick Cheney didn't want that information let out so he exposed her identity through Scooter Libby.

You see (to people like 'Rush Baby'), it's NOT the entire CIA that is corrupt. It's the same for most government organizations. The majority of people have good moral bases. It's the few that are greedy and power hungry that corrupt the names of these organizations. So when we say that the CIA provided bogus data on Iraq and then good intel on Iran it's not that we are picking and choosing what we want to hear. It's about the fact that the 'intel' provided by the Bush administration was fabricated. They stated the CIA as one of the sources. That data was false so we don't accept it. The CIA then wondered where it came from and actually started to investigate it themselves!

These people need to be held liable in front of the courts of this country for ALL to see. I just fear that the political machine will find a way to forgive all and bury the actions of this scandalous administration.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It's an oil war people....no matter what WMD's were claimed to be found or not found- this war is about oil and genocide. Bush wants control of the middle east by any means necessary.

What I cant understand is why aren't other countries doing anything about it?

Germany & China are very large and respected nations- I think they should be pointing fingers now as opposed to just saying..."Well...our reports don't match bush's and we don't agree but...whatever"

Action needs to take place- how many more lies do we need to hear before bush is thrown out of office?

He deserves to be hung just like Saddam was.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Please underline "apparent". I spent 22 years working for the government in a critical position, but I've never seen anything like the brazen stuff Bush & Co. seem to pull off with ease.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join