It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 393
<< 390  391  392    394  395  396 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Cool.

Just be patient for a day or two.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by peacejet

Just be patient for a day or two.

The window time is one day. Because after that time will not be enough.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Thanks a lot for that mem.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by MemoryShock

It's more that they are on a Star Trek TNG nerd trip. Darmok

We weren't talking about Star Trek. It would only appear that way to the unininitiated or the profane.

(You Romulan).

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Ian reminds you of Q? How silly.

I thought we all knew that MemoryShock is really Q indulging his hobby of "messing with the humans."

That is, of course, how he sometimes appears as a pink unicorn - he can look like anything he wants ...

Ian reminds me more of the X-files' "smoking man" - always pulling strings from behind the scenes ...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Nah, Ian's not as creepy as the smoking man, or as malevolent.

Is he

good morning.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
evening pub
anybody wants to share delicious vegetarian recipies?

got my response up. heike back to you, but let me sleep tonight

[edit on 5-2-2009 by orange-light]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heike

I thought we all knew that MemoryShock is really Q indulging his hobby of "messing with the humans."

Dem sound like debatin words!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Veto'ed. Don't want anyone getting to close to my actua...erm...Ian's actual identity...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

SDog v Heike: Who is Q – Mr. McLean or Mr. Shock?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

I'll take Shock.

Here is my opening, closing, and all my rebuttals:

Ian has no power(s).

You lose.

ADB, that just shows how different things can appear to different people. I don't find the "smoking man" to be malevolent or creepy at all, just enigmatic and manipulative.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

That's it.

Let me see if Semper is around.

Originally posted by americandingbat

Ian has no power(s).

How naive.

Ian's waaaaay more powerful than you think.

He's even moving threads telekinetically: www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 5 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hey Shock are you here? I need to ask some procedural questions. I could ask them in u2u, but the answers will probably be of interest to all fighters.

They have to do with links, references, quoted sentences, and so forth in debates.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Hey Shock are you here? I need to ask some procedural questions. I could ask them in u2u, but the answers will probably be of interest to all fighters.

They have to do with links, references, quoted sentences, and so forth in debates.

Go for it...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Ahhhhh

Faithful debate forum...

A place where BS rarely exists

Gday all

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ok,

Do links without quoted source material count as a reference? In other words, if I post just a link to a place where people can go see for themselves but I didn't really NEED the link or quote anything from it, does that still count as a reference?

If I let someone's excess of 10 sentences of quoted reference material slide and posted anyway, have I lost the chance to complain about it now that she is complaining about my "excess references?"

If the answer to both is yes, then 2 (or all 3) of the links to the dangers of soy may be removed from my offending post. Or the "Benefits of Low Carb Diets" could go and one of the soy links, whatever. I didn't need the link for the point I made, I was just saying...

Some clarification on this would be nice, I didn't realize/know that ANY external link counted as a reference if I didn't include any material from that source.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

isn.t schrodingers dog more Q - the mischiviouse and eloquent - all in good

a bit more playful as memory - who is sweet and intelectuall

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Ok,

Do links without quoted source material count as a reference? In other words, if I post just a link to a place where people can go see for themselves but I didn't really NEED the link or quote anything from it, does that still count as a reference?

Yes. There is no way to discern your intention (regarding the necessity of the link) if you post it; indeed there is an implicit assumption that you required the link since it was posted.

It should also be noted, for reference purposes, that a link posted twice using seperate quotes count as one link though the quotes still count towards the ten sentence rule.

If I let someone's excess of 10 sentences of quoted reference material slide and posted anyway, have I lost the chance to complain about it now that she is complaining about my "excess references?"

The rules state, at the top of every debate:

Excess quotes and excess links will be removed before judging.

So it isn't a matter necessarily of 'losing' your chance to bring the issue up as it is something that happens anyway...though I will admit to being a bit lax in this area. In my opinion, if the excess isn't blatant and obvious then I consider it a non issue as the point of the rules is to insure that each Fighter brings his or her own game to the table rather than rely on external sourcing for the crux of their argument.

Tournament Times are an exception to the 'lax' on the rules.

At the end of the debate, since it was brought up and I need to return to Tournament practice, I will edit out everything in excess...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Fair & Just as usual. Thank you.

Just one more question. Does the debater get to choose which links and references are removed, or is that decided by the Moderator?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Ian has no power(s).

You've got to be kidding, right?!

Ian has immense and miraculous powers. Especially in the "annoying people" area – he's the first ATSer who ever seriously pissed me off, and probably responsible for my coming back to rub his nose in it

ADB, that just shows how different things can appear to different people. I don't find the "smoking man" to be malevolent or creepy at all, just enigmatic and manipulative.

I'm not very fond of manipulative people, especially when they represent mysterious forces in the government

new topics

top topics

<< 390  391  392    394  395  396 >>

join