It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 345
<< 342  343  344    346  347  348 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Morning everyone.

Looks like my debate isn't up yet, so I'll just sit back and wait.

How is everybody doing?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Good morning

I'm okay. How about you?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Could be worse.

Getting ready for a big winter storm here, so I'm hoping it waits until I get home from work.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
We are also preparing for an ice storm that is supposed to hit us starting this afternoon and possibly drop as much as 2 - 3 inches of ICE before it's over. Good probability of power outages and etc., so if I disappear anytime in the next 24 - 48 hours it's most likely because my power is off, or because the satellite is down due to the storm.

We're stocked up on wood (for the wood stove, our primary heat), have plenty of propane in the propane tank for the auxiliary propane heaters and the stove (all work without power), water (the well pump is on the house electric and doesn't work when the power's off), and food. We should be fine even if the power does go off once we make it back from my doctor's appt (follow up on the sprained ankle) this afternoon. We do also have a generator, we just can't run it all the time and it won't run everything, but it will run the fridge and some of the lights.

Orange, our debate may have to be postponed a bit if I'm offline. If the electricity stays on and the satellite link is up, I'll post in the morning to let you know I'm here.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
hi nyk hi dingbat

winterstorm doesn.t sound really good

what about your baby? anything new in this regard?

anyone sharing a fruit-cocktail with me?

edit:

@heike
we could also start after the storm
it is fine with me!

do you know how long the storm might last?

what about your ankle? are you recovering?

[edit on 26-1-2009 by orange-light]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Nothing new yet.

The induction date is only 10 days away though. So we are getting very close!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

and it even occurs sometimes even since the doc said "the baby will come any time now" the baby just gets on his way after the magic date!
happend with my son

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
edit:

sorry a double post

@nyk which debate are you going to start?

[edit on 26-1-2009 by orange-light]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Ian and I have a debate scheduled to begin this morning.

MS should have the thread up as soon as he gets online today.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
How is everybody doing?

Hate to be the drag but at this time, not good at all. My husband owns a home building and remodeling company so we finally decided to gut our historic home and completely modernize it with state of the art technology, furniture, and decor. All well and good but we began gutting it in June. Bathrooms ripped out, walls knocked out to the beams, flooring ripped out to the base, etc.

A nice, orderly, and clean home is very important to me but there are fixtures, tools, wires, and sheet rock all over our house. He just landed the biggest contracting job of his life several hours away that will take him away from me, our son, and our house for a about 9-12 months. Which means my house is in disorderly shambles for at least another year since it will still be a couple months until he leaves. I finally broke down in tears due to this mess. It's impossible to move around with stacks of wood flooring waiting to be laid down, crap stacked on our two staircases, toilets and tubs in their crates, etc.

It's a nightmare and I finally broke down crying last night and told him I am renting an apartment for our family until this stuff is finished. I was a good sport when we were tackling it head on but if it's going to be put on the back burner because he and his employees have to go away for a while, there is no way I can tolerate this nonsense anymore.

I'm better this morning but I have to get some housework done again and the question that looms over my head on every house cleaning day each week is, 'Where in the hell do I begin!?!'

&

Edit to add: And he STILL hasn't taken down the dang Christmas tree.

[edit on 1/26/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

hey this will be fun for us to read!

about which topic? or will it be a surpriese?

don.t forge to mention: oubliette

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

That's a tough situation to be sure.

I think your suggestion of renting an apartment though is a good one (assuming it's viable for your family). That would allow you to get away from the mess and clear your head. Then when your husband returns you'll be refreshed and ready to get it finished.

I'm sure something will work out for you guys.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The topic has something to do with "Humor in a society being the true signal of change", but It will be worded differently.

Can't wait to see it myself today.

Regardless it will be fun to see a champion dethroned.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by nyk537]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

It will just be something minor for my son and me for a year. What scares me the most, due to the restructuring, the back doors don't seal all the way closed now. I don't want him to be gone while my son and I are home alone with non working doors due to the remodeling. So, yes. A little two bedroom apartment for the year is starting to sound nice and he isn't against it.

It's maddening so I'm looking for temp remedies due to the length of the project. Thanks for the sympathy. lol

[edit on 1/26/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

oh dear me ashley you poor soul

((((ashley))))

that seems to be more than a real mess.
house not ok and hbby away - but you will see h im during the time he fullfills the contract?

would it be really an option to rent an appartment for the time of renovation?
maybe it would help you just to settle down a bit.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
but you will see h im during the time he fullfills the contract?

Yes, he and his team will come back one night each week. Then for the other times he wants me to bring our son and stay up there with him (and practically live up there with him during the week) but that sounds worse than staying here. He and his employees are all purchasing campers to live in while they do the contract (building a housing complex in the middle of the hill country [read: the middle of nowhere]) so I'd just be sitting in a camper all day long with our son. NO WAY IN HELL.

would it be really an option to rent an appartment for the time of renovation?
maybe it would help you just to settle down a bit.

Yes. As soon as he gets home from lunch we're going to go check some out. The only other option is to cut up his crew and make some stay here to finish our house but I really don't want a bunch of men I barely know in the house with me all day who know my husband is nowhere around. Just a bad idea. So I'd like to get an apartment to return some structure to my son and me. lol

OK sympathy-hound rant over!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

An apartment definitely sounds like the way to go! Living in chaos can be so draining, especially when it feels like it's not going forward. Sorry to hear about it

@nyk: I'm really looking forward to the debate between you and Ian, I think it's a great topic. Just keep in mind that whoever emerges victorious, only gets to hold onto the title for a few weeks. I think the next tournament should be coming up soon, and there are quite a number of us "newbies" who'll be gunning for you

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Oh how I love the debate forum.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Ha(!) Couture

Your debate is up, nyk/Ian...

And FYI...the debate pennant is not at stake here...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Excellent.

I'm looking forward to Ian getting the ball rolling here.

I think we'll have a lot of fun with this one.

top topics

<< 342  343  344    346  347  348 >>

join