It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 315
<< 312  313  314    316  317  318 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I'm drinking the good ol' cheap industrial stuff that every office brews for it's employees. It's like drinking motor oil or something….and it almost tastes like real coffee!

Motor Oil? Nyk you're being too nice!!

Oh how I remember that coffee, and despise it: coffee granules in your coffee cup (and not like a couple - but like a teaspoon), that "taste" that sticks to your mouth and makes you have to brush your teeth after every cup, it's so bitter you need Sugar, and so rough you need cream.

Even if you don't usually take cream or sugar - this coffee makes you break all the rules...

- Carrot

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Flipping the page to free CA_ROT who has gotten trapped in between....

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

guys, I'm sorry to sound like a colonial throwback here, but a good cup of TEA is the way to go.

Clean tasting and refreshing, it also has just enough of a caffeine jolt to get the ol' motor running.

There are many different types and many ways to drink it - I'm sure y'all can find one to suit

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Ugg...don't remind me.

The taste in my mouth had finally worn off.....

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I do love tea, but I'm more of an iced tea kind of guy. I don't usually drink hot tea, especially in the mornings.

But it couldn't be any worse.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Tea is great - black tea, not the fancy flavored or other stuff (though green tea is nice sometimes, too). The trick I find is to use really boiling water, not the merely-hot water most people dunk teabags in. A teapot, and briefly bringing it back to a boil, does wonders.

TWISI, I've yet to hear your inventory of mad skillz - come on, surely you've got something? Telling the age of cheese by sight alone? Mastery of the Tivo fast-forward buttons? Inquiring minds want to know!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Warm the pot first, put in the loose tea, or teabags, pour on boiling water, then put the pot back on the heat for 3 to 7 minutes depending on strength required. A good pot will take the heat no problem, but try not to use a metal pot as it impairs the flavour

Never wash the pot with detergents or washing up liquids - instead, just give it a good rinse. This allows the build up of the tannins on the inside and adds to the flavour.

Milk and sugar in a cup or mug if required, and pour slowly through a sieve if using loose tea.

Voila, the perfect cuppa - outstanding at any time of day
and particularly good in the morning.

Even a brew like PG Tips will give a great drink if you let it stand - but beware of stewing the tea by leaving it too long.

Now I fancy a cuppa

[edit on 14/1/2009 by budski]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

I'm drinking the good ol' cheap industrial stuff that every office brews for it's employees. It's like drinking motor oil or something….and it almost tastes like real coffee!

you get coffee from the office?

when i was employeed we had to bring our own tea and coffee

Originally posted by CA_Orot

Even if you don't usually take cream or sugar - this coffee makes you break all the rules...

- Carrot

i don.t drink coffee but i can.t imagine it without sugar and cream

brr

reply to post by budski

bud i can.t agree more!

for the flavor: a good english breakfast or assam, in the afternoon a light darjeeling
i really don.t need more

we got a tv conspiracy in my house!

last year the tv set broke which moved in with me, just after a year.
i got a tv set by a girl i knew, and after another year it break too, which was unfortunaetly sept 09
i got a small tv set which i bought 20 years ago back from a friend, but old crap hasn.t got a scart plug in, so no wii for the son.
last week a friend borrowed/lend (??) aka he gave a tv set to me which he is going to get back in summer
tv set wonderful '___' - didnt know a picture could be that sharp - is perfectly in order, but today the son managed to fell the cable from the aerial socket -not the one which conects the tv set with the socket, but the one which conects the sockt with the provider - halleluja no tv tonight
i had to inform the landlord

i am quiet pleased.

edit:

ian is so so right and i am so so stupid

not the dumb stuff i wrote it is indeed a LCD tv-set-

[edit on 14-1-2009 by orange-light]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

You know when you put it like that, a good cup of hot tea doesn't sound that bad. I'd still rather a tall glass of iced tea with a slice of lemon though.

Very refreshing!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
tv set wonderful '___'

Err I believe you mean LCD... although that sort of makes sense, too.

Also, every office in the US gives free coffee to employees. Really.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

Considering some of the crap I have had to put up with some past bosses...I would beg to differ...

Enjoying my first day out of the race...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I've had a few jobs where coffee wasn't provided, although with what I'm being provided now it would probably be just as well if it wasn't.

We also get donuts and bagels each morning though. Those are good.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Oh the hassle and rat-race is omnipresent, too - mostly - so I guess every cup has a price.

Hooray for freedom! Congrats on the shift.

ANNOUNCER: MemoryShock, now that you're free, what are you going to do?!?

MEMORYSHOCK: I'm going to Disneyland!

CROWD: Nooooo!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

OK, this is what we have so far.

As you can see the furry feets are back.
(thanks Ian for reminding us)

Now, if you're wondering how I got to know so much about Shock I'll tell ya.
I've got mad spy skills.

Did someone say renaissance fair?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

ANNOUNCER: MemoryShock, now that you're free, what are you going to do?!?

MEMORYSHOCK: I'm going to Disneyland!

CROWD: Nooooo!!!!!!!

lol:

I have had enough of all that is Disney to last a life time. For th immediate future, I am going to concentrate on what I want...but first...a bit of 'mucking about'...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I hear unicorn hooves make really excellent glue

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I've got mad spy skills.

You are an evil human...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
tv set wonderful '___'

Err I believe you mean LCD... although that sort of makes sense, too.

yes dear
you are right

i am tired and it is dark and so my fingers did stuff my brain didn.t wanted to do.

ok i am a tea lady, but that is very generous (regardless of the quality of the stuff)
i mean the coffee

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

My poor little sister was complaining to me recently – in her office not only did they lay off 11 people, but they asked the rest of the staff to take a slight pay cut.

That wasn't the problem though – she knows she's lucky not to be one of the 11, and is altruistic enough to take a slight cut if it means preserving someone else's job. Her complaint was:

they snuck in an additional pay cut by taking away the free coffee

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

TWISI, I've yet to hear your inventory of mad skillz - come on, surely you've got something? Telling the age of cheese by sight alone? Mastery of the Tivo fast-forward buttons? Inquiring minds want to know!

Outside of my 'medical miracle liver'? (And yes, I consider that a skill as it is a perfect demonstration of mind over matter )

Hmm... I'll have to think about that, but I will say one (Wo)Man's 'mad skillz' is another's common place.

*wanders off... pondering*

EDIT TO ADD:

Okay, I've thought about it.

I do have the aforementioned fast-forwarding of Tivo skills.

I can predict who is calling on the phone 8 out of 10 times -- and if it is someone I don't know, I know that too. (I don't think I am psychic, but you may be considering your eerie Tivo insight).

And I can 'read a room' faster than anyone anyone-else has ever met.

Have fun!

TWISI

[edit on 14-1-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

new topics

top topics

<< 312  313  314    316  317  318 >>

join