It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 170
<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Thanks for explaining the point system to me.
Of course none of it helps with my over-dependence to quantifiable validation, but hey.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Of course none of it helps with my over-dependence to quantifiable validation, but hey.

I have a feeling that you will correct that. Your first debate was that of brilliance (seriously, I talked to many people that I don't mention ATS to 'bragging about that performance). It was excellent and I think you are currently finding your legs...along with many of the Fighters currently new.

I had a record of 1-2 at one point...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Your kind words of encouragement seem to having the opposite affect.

Watch out maria, shock thinks I'm doing ok!

Edit: I can't believe you there thered me.

[edit on 11/22/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Your kind words of encouragement seem to having the opposite affect.

Good.

The foundation of your confidence should not be predicated on my words...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Never underestimate the importance of the elephants, in providing a platform and as source of fossil fuels

Finally got my closing up, claiming the lateness record for the boobie debate back. TWISI will have to not post until Tuesday morning to get that one back.

It's 9988 characters, and the last hour or so was spent deleting stray spaces

Now I'll go check out the speed debate, and other new action.

P.S. - congratulations to Mr. Shock on the victory!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Christ that was stressful. It was so close I didn't even check it or proofread it.
I was still uploading images 3 minutes ago.
I have to re-examine the sanity of the speed debate concept.
Or at least the wisdom of starting on my post an hour before the deadline.
Yikes.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I cannot believe that I overlooked the ten sentence external source rule in my last response.

* quietly mulls if she should accept personal responsibility for that screw up, or blame it on her grumpy, hungry toddler *

Sorry about that, SD. You were certainly right in calling me out on the floor over that rule.

Oh, well... see you in the morning!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Sweetie, it's fine, I did the same. You actually helped me out by setting precedent.

Back to normal rules henceforth.

Nighty night.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Alright, on the record, I have a standing offer for a debate about Mother Teresa and whether she was worthy of all the praise she was given. I'll be taking the con side.

Also, I got my hands on a copy of Mr Marrs' new book. I must say, based on the first few chapters, $20 is highway robbery.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

Not enjoying it, huh? Too pedestrian? I got my copy in the mail last week. Had a quick browse through it - very impressive quality of graphic design, etc. Going to start it after I finish the Niven book I'm reading currently.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
No matter how many times I do this or how many times I win, I ALWAYS panic after posting.

I worked for about 8 hours straight on this before posting, I've changed god knows how many things, set god knows how many ambitious goals, and fixed god knows how many mistakes, and now I'm too tired to polish it any further, and I'm terrified that I missed a big mistake.

lol it's a wonderful feeling.

Assuming I didn't make a mistake though, I'm aiming for a second round knockout. In fact I'm looking for the ref to stop the fight for the first time in debate history.

This one is going to be heavy. When i finished composing my opening, it was 15,000 characters long. I had to compress it to 2/3s of its original size without really removing content. And it's only going to get tougher, as I try to drop a train on Mem in the first 2-3 rounds instead of going one point per post.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Morning Vagabond,
Shock wobbles easily but he's surprisingly difficult to put away.
He rolls with them punches boy.
I thought I had him cornered a couple of times in my lat debate and somehow he got out of it. Then again I'm not you. Still, underestimate at you own peril.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
and I'm terrified that I missed a big mistake.

You did...

"I'm Not Impressed."

Assuming I didn't make a mistake though, I'm aiming for a second round knockout. In fact I'm looking for the ref to stop the fight for the first time in debate history.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Mornin' Shock.
Still up I presume?

I dare say you're at your best in this semi-detached from reality state.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Mornin' Shock.
Still up I presume?

Mornin'...and nope, just woke up and had to take a shot to get rid of the hangover. Vacations are dangerous for me.

I dare say you're at your best in this semi-detached from reality state.

Aww shucks...you're making me blush...

Now if we could only convince my roomate that I need to be semi-delerious most of the time, I may be on the road to beter times...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
That insomniac vibe is coming from me. I spent all night focused on the debate. Think I'll take a nap soon.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
That insomniac vibe is coming from me. I spent all night focused on the debate. Think I'll take a nap soon.

I think I will be heading for a nap too...there were reasons to celebrate in my circle last night, so I got a bit wasted away from the safety of home...

It's kind of strange...No matter how much I drink, I always seem to wake up at 7:00am give or take fifteen minutes. Really sucks on the weekends.

I'll have the response up hopefully sometime before I the night is done...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

7am?

I didn't even know they had a 7am.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

7am?

I didn't even know they had a 7am.

Ahahahahahhahahahaha!!

I wish I could say the same thing...