It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shark Attack in Scotland - Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Shark Attack in Scotland - Video

www.eveningexpress.co.uk

A 10-FOOT shark was caught on film attacking a boat in Scottish waters.

Tina Aydon, a scientist at Deep Sea World in Fife, said it was most likely hunting food — it’s diet is fish — or was a female about to pup.

“The porbeagle is found right around the UK, and is quite often mistaken for a great white — the shape of the head and dorsal fin on both species is very similar.”

Porbeagle sharks are endangered and regarded vulnerable to extinction.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thesun.co.uk
www.dailyrecord.co.uk[/url ]
[url=http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5hku5DJ3l2aAU3QFH4t75S7pu6eyA]ukpress.google.com

www.pressandjournal.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Surge in fatal shark attacks blamed on global warming
Recent Shark Attacks Part of Polar Shifting?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
WARNING
ADULT DISCRETION ADVISED ON VIDEO-STRONG LANGUAGE

This is the first time this species of shark has approached man in an aggressive nature in british waters. The fact it is nearing extinction and its behaviour show that not only humans are starving in todays world.

I really think these type of unusual events will rise rapidly. We are already seeing great whites in British waters, and as we stress and strain the Eco system maybe human kind should be ready to be eaten not just eat!

The Video is here;

www.eveningexpress.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-6-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Very strange that it was acting in such a way. But even stranger that this was labelled a shark attack. I don't think it looks like an 'attack' at all. Sharks feel with their mouths (unfortunately) so maybe it was just testing the boat to see what it was and if it could be eaten. Perhaps our over-fishing is reducing the food supply and causing them to adapt and try other food sources to survive.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Nammu

Totally agree a lack of its food and normal environment has made this species nearly extinct and therefore is forced to act in unusual ways.

I found the fear and swearing in the fishermens voices quite funny they certainly got more than they bargained for !

Elf

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Hard to say if this is something out of the ordinary, or that the filming is just the consequence of more and more video cameras being out there all the time now...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Actually, I think the shark was more frightened by the language the guy was using!!
Tis a Scottish thing.....

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
surley he just pi$$ed the shark off by driving round it?

lol nothing too weird really!

Cheers
Dazzler

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I helped rescue an injured seal pup from the beach near here once, and it's behaviour was *way* more aggressive than this shark...not cute at all. If the shark wanted to bite, or even threaten a bite, then it would have, surely? Hmmm, I'm not an expert here, and I probably would have been cursing too if I had been in the boat...all those "Jaws" flashbacks would be flooding back for sure.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yeh

I think that as these sort of events are soo rare in the British isles the fishermen had their own jaws flashbacks.

What i think is strange about it is that firstly this has never happened before in British waters, the Shark is soo rare too so just further proof of its decline and troubled times, and from the reaction of the fishermen maybe makes us think who we will react if nature turns on man more as we stress it soo much.

My language would probably have been much worse!

regards

elf

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Very strange behaviour from the shark. It seems dazed and unable to orientate itself..

As for it being a shark attack - well thats stretching it a bit... more like a 'shark trying to figure out WTF is going on' event.

Very odd all round.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Out of interest on unusual fish like behaviour I found this;

Flying stingray kills woman on boat
MARATHON, Fla. - A 75-pound stingray killed a Michigan woman Thursday when it flew out of the water and struck her face as she rode a boat in the Florida Keys, officials said.

Judy Kay Zagorski, of Pigeon, Mich., was sitting in the front seat of a boat going 25 mph when the spotted eagle ray, with a wingspan of 5 to 6 feet, leaped out of the water, said Jorge Pino, spokesman for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.

www.msnbc.msn.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">MSNBC Source

Of interest it was a kamakazee action as the ray died too.

Does anyone know is that normal behaviour for rays? do they normally jump out of the sea and attack people?

Elf

[edit on 3-6-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The shark was endangered, and acting unusually towards humans and the bees are vanishing now too and on the weekend a group of boys and dog were attacked by a swarm of bees the dog died.

LOS ANGELES—A swarm of bees stung a group of teenage boys hiking in a San Fernando Valley park Tuesday, sending one of them to the hospital and killing a dog

Mercury news

Also in Canada the rate of dog attacks on humans is up;

Another week, another vicious dog attack and another call for change in how this city controls dangerous canines.

Ingrid Noel was walking her smooth collie in west Newton last week, when two pit bulls approached. While one circled Noel, her dog and two children, the other came straight in for an attack.
Surrey leader

And in the UK attacks are up by 50% over the last decade!

The number of people hospitalised for dog attacks has increased by almost 50% in the past decade, according to a new report, commissioned by pet insurer LV=. Nine out of ten (88%) of these attacks required emergency treatment and the average hospital stay after a dog attack is two to three days.

Easier News UK

In regard to the sharks

ZIHUATANEJO, Guerrero, Mexico — The storyline may sound strikingly familiar to fans of 1970s horror flicks: A sudden series of gruesome shark attacks in a resort area has officials caught between public safety concerns and the interests of the local tourist industry.

But this is no remake of Steven Spielberg’s “Jaws.” It’s the real story of the Pacific Coast resort of Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo, where a spate of recent attacks against surfers — two of them deadly — have put locals on edge and the tourism industry at risk.

The Daily Dispatch

So sharks do seem to be acting strange, and dogs too worldwide!

Regards,

Elf.

top topics

join