It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else experiencing increased police activity?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I was in Sacramento today and I saw seriously around twenty to thirty cops in thirty minutes. There was also like six cops around memorial auditorium just going around giving parking tickets. Talk about lazy.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
"No one gets pulled over for nothing. There is always a reason. I have to admit that sometimes good police work is not always ethical but you did something to make the cop notice you. You brought attention to yourself one way or another."

i havent read the whole thread yet im on my way to do that but after reading this in a post from someone i felt i had to say...Please only speak for yourself with that statement as its definetly MUCH different in my part of the world because in fact every single day i KNOW someone who is pulled over and harrassed for NO reason...if there was a reason that was actually valid, there would be tickets/fines/jail time to back up all the harrassment thats been going on

here in ny state police are absurd, i am a college age male and yea i feel like im a black guy in the days of martin luther, except im the farthest thing from it, and once in a while ill be hanging out with freinds of race but the pathetic thing is normally thats not when i get pulled over and harrassed, its normally only when im with other average college age white kids in nice vehicles who are constantly pulled over harrassed, pulled out of the car, searched, handcuffed, had the car searched thouroughly several times including a subwoofer box being destroyed and everytime, we never get a ticket, fine, nothing...just harrassment.... whats even funnier, is we know actual police and 911 dispatchers and they all say, thats what the cops jobs are now

same stuff thats been going on for years, except now its different and MUCH wider demographics

only ppl who are 'fairly safe" from the police and ss/gestapo/etc are ppl who obviously are middle age+ and of a certain economic status, and yea 99 percent of the time its not hard for a cop to judge a persons status while driving down the road looking for someone to harrass
just one step closer to losing everything our forefathers fought so hard for

edited for some quick spelling and stuff*

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Dramey]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Just want to remind everyone, the Fifth Amendment still exists (for now). I found this video posted on Youtube. It's titled; "How to talk to the police" (several parts to it). Excellent advice, imo.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Yep. I have noticed there have been an unusual amount of check stops here lately. Normally during a check stop there are a few patrol cars... but on sunday there were dozens of cops.

I think they are testing how compliant people are in regards to the stops etc.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
There is definetly increased police activity in my area, on my travels today I've seen at least 5 police (not the community support officers) on the "beat" round my estate as well as 3 vans either driving about or parked at stationary positions, this is the norm now, I dont live in a bad area (relatively speaking) but I live in a council estate and there are always kids wandering about gettin harassed off the police, they've also installed CCTV along the main road so anyone coming or going gets caught on tape at one point or another.

The thing which boils my **** the most though is crime is on a climb in my area, the increased police presence does NOTHING, I've seen many crimes commited and the police are never there. I had my bike stolen a few months back and when I went to ask one of the police for help he tried to do me for section 5 becuase I said to him "well if your not here to help with stuff like this what the hell is your job exactly".

Now I think there job is to keep us proles in line and make sure we act the way THEY want us to.

On a plus note though I got my bike back, telling you how I did that would break T&C's so I'll leave it to your imaginations.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Cops are in a constant state of training and readiness. So when they see a target on the road or walking on the sidewalk, they look for you so they can act.

They know they will get there wish sooner or later to pull there gun or terrorize a subject with there taser or billy club.

Cops are trained killers and terrorist who act with inpunity when confronting the innocent enjoying life by a walk or drive.

Remember, you are a criminal in the mind of a cop and the one thing this cop wants you to do is give a reason to hook you up if not shoot you or taser you first.

It will only get worse with the patriot act and homeland security funding grabs for police departments. They have to show there is a threat out there to get the money for new hires and weapons. You are a statistic now, live or die, they don't care.

I had to ad this.... Ever see cops when a real crime goes down and a shooter is taking people out. The pigs huddle together or behind cars and trees while the shooter continues to kill. Not so tough and brave than are they.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Peepers]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Speak of the devil. Just now a patrol car is parked outside my APT complex. Kinda funny if you ask me. Maybe they found out I am really a reptilian posing as a human.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
They are gone now. I have noticed them parking in the same location a few times lately. I wonder if they are looking for someone in particular because I do live in a place near a lot of apartments.

I just hope its not me... but seeing as I do not break any laws I have nothing to work about... right?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CPYKOmega

Are you sure you haven't broken any laws?, I mean I'm sure there is a law somewhere, you have broken huh?.

Haven't sent out any current-administration-negative emails sympathetic to the (insert enemy of choice) right? I smell a possible thought crime in progress.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Hidden meanings of laws
CHECK THIS THREAD OUT, seriously if you think the police state is bad check out all the stuff they can LEGALLY do to us. this country is very scary to live in and I do not feel safe at all living here especially after reading this.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FewWorldOrder

I am currently in the process of becoming a freeman on the land and this involves getting rid of my Social Insurance Card and Birth Certificate so that my legal fiction or person does not exist anymore.

When this process is complete the city, provinces, and federal government will have no jurisdiction at all over me.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
In Metairie, a suburb of New Orleans, I have noticed a helicopter with a search light flying low at night time. It flew over a park I was at with the light shining on the ground, and it flew around my neighborhood for about 30 minutes over the same area, like it was practicing or looking for something/someone.

I haven't seen it recently

I have never seen it out during the day and until early 2008 had never seen a police helicopter in person flwing over my neighborhood or flying in new orleans. My neighborhood is a pretty wealthy yuppie hood with little to no crime.

"No one gets pulled over for nothing. There is always a reason. I have to admit that sometimes good police work is not always ethical but you did something to make the cop notice you. You brought attention to yourself one way or another."

In a way this is right. There always IS a reason. It may be that the cop doesn't like teens or long-hairs or non-whites or whatever. You may have done nothing, but the cop's bias is the reason.

This is just a conjecture without any research yet. It seems to me police are outdated. Thye are the modern mutation of Sheriffs fro mthe wild west. Up until that point in time, I don't think there was a police force. You dealt with potential thieves and murderers yourself (ie if you were being robbed, you took care of it.)

Is this true that up intil the Sherrifs of the west, there wasn't anything like a police force in our country?

So we have the army and police against us. What happened to the days when rebelling citizens were a force to be reconed with and protected us from our government and police?

[edit on 6/7/2008 by madhatter3113]

[edit on 6/7/2008 by madhatter3113]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join