It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else experiencing increased police activity?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

Thank you...but no thank you. At 60 I don't have the inclanation to duel with the bad guys except at long range,LOL

Zindo

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'm not personally a cop, but I do have a few relatives in law enforcement. In speaking with them on everyday issues, meaning ...hows the job, oh it's ok, and hows the network world etc...you get the idea...

One thing that has been mentioned and I can't beleive this has not come up here...there are more than a few veterans coming home from confilct at the present and quite few of them have very specific training ie...crowd control, traffic interdiction, close qtr combat experience, urban warfare training etc...so police work is a natural extension of what they have been trained to do.

These guys and gals need jobs as much as the rest of us...and now your talking about a group of people who have some serious training and sometimes, serious chips on their shoulders.

Their approach to our civilian population is gonna be much the same as it was to the people they formerly kept an eye on...and at times fought.

and En4cer,
while most of your arguments are spot on as far as safety for the public from drunk drivers etc...your walking a fine line when you say things like "no one gets pulled over for nothing"...

at best that statement is disingenuous and at worst it's very condescending, and makes the assumption that if we are pulled over, we must have done something wrong...

I believe you cited...that cops are people too and therfore make mistakes...I submit, cops are people too and therfore fall prey to all of makinds faults...of which arrogance and elitism are but a few.

edit for bad grammar

[edit on 4-6-2008 by deadbang]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
actually here in Toronto i have noticed an increase in the cops, and all my friends have said so, we usually tend to notice cops because we have to be careful of them. Also my two friends have been offered by cops to be sort of undercover or snitches, and as a reward they get paid and get metals and stuff.
so perhaps there is something coming, but all i know is cops make me uncomfortable and having more of them around is pretty annoying.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

Thank you...but no thank you. At 60 I don't have the inclanation to duel with the bad guys except at long range,LOL

Zindo

I have hope the new breed will encounter their service as you have in the past. I may have grown up with a different perspective on the system, and police in general had their been more like yourself. I truly lament for the youngsters coming up in this brave new world of ours.

Their trials and tribulations are compounded by the greed that plagues the hydra headed monster named media. My gut feeling is that the ways of the world will only get worse. These are bleak times partner. I tip my hat to you.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by En4cer

That may be so but when there is no emergency then they have no reason but to be a tard. They should be setting the example not walking on the law like they own it.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by En4cer

This exclusion is necessary to provide the general public with an expeditious response time when enroute to an ACTUAL call.

I have no problem with police having an exemption when they are en-route to an emergency. They should not have an exemption when just driving to the donut shop (ie. here in Canada) or when just cruising around town with nothing urgent to attend to.
Cops flagrantly disregard the rules of the road as a general practice when there is no need to. It is just their flaunting their power. I see it all the time and it never fails to bug me.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Take a look at this article:

Can you say Police State? The Examiner has the scoop on a controversial new program announced today that would create so-called "Neighborhood Safety Zones" which would serve to partially seal off certain parts of the city. D.C. Police would set-up checkpoints in targeted areas, demand to see ID and refuse admittance to people who don't live there, work there or have a “legitimate reason” to be there. Wow. Just, wow.

READ MORE

I heard Giuliani did something like this in NY a few years back. What's next, curfews and armbands?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
Oh, another detail i forgot to mention is that this cop was out of his jurisdiction.

[edit on 6/2/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

I think you will find that this no longer matters...really.
The mentality is shifting to what I have seen here in Hungary.

Even the local forest rangers think they are police.
I have posted my stories already about this.

The concept is basically that you are a prisoner within your own gates, and once you walk out, you better have your paper work ready. (Like you are getting some free time from jail)

Kid you not.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Use the traffic laws as an example on how they micro manage their slave system. You have freedom to a certain extent that is allowable by laws.

You just need to understand that the best slave is a slave that thinks he's free.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I'm willing to bet that this policy is to punish D.C. citizens for daring to take them to court over they're right to protect themselves.The mayor and Chief in DC are complete controll freaks. Mearly asking an officer for directions will get a 'request' to prove who you are and what your doing in DC. This realy ought to make the vacationers and foreign dignataires real happy with the local government. I'm sure it will boost the tourist trade that is 80% of DC income. Guiliani didn't do this but it was suggested by one of the borough chiefs in NYC. He turned it down for the same reasons I mentioned here.

Zindo

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I wish there was more police activity, if only the police were actively working to protect and serve us. There are many robberies, rapes and assaults that are not being addressed. The problem I see is that the police in our community are not here to protect and serve as should be.
A recent example of this I heard of: A woman hears noises outside her house and she sees a strange man digging through her car. She approached the man and he stood up with all her cd's in his hand. She told him to get the F out of her car and he then pointed a gun to her head and walked away with cds in hand. She calls the police and they come to speak with her but refuse to make a report.
You would think that the police would be hot after an armed robber like that!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

They're playing hardball? This hasn't worked in the past. As far as what I know about this sort of action, which is second hand due to my age. Is that it just puts fuel on the fire. I wonder how far people are going to let this push them?

And basically they are limiting the "undesirables" so that they can allow the meal ticket roam free and the fat cats feed? What about the people that live there? I would think that it would create a hostile environment for the meal tickets and fat cats.

Considering that the people that live there would recognize this and make things harder. This is all just thinking around the subject by filtering through the history videos, books, and the past civil rights movements of the 60's.

What do you say?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I guess Alex Jones has it right when he names his site prison planet. Shall we call DC neighborhoods the" DC penitentiary" aren't you happy that you now been put in prison by those who were hired to serve you, but they got power drunk and decided expand the scope of their authority put you all in prison for your safety.

Maybe, the people will have to hire some "DC Shooters" to free themselves from the tyranny.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by deadbang

"" These guys and gals need jobs as much as the rest of us...and now your talking about a group of people who have some serious training and sometimes, serious chips on their shoulders. ""

Ever ask where them serious "chips" come from?

Do you think it could have anything to do with dropping civilians with one shot and leaving a shovel next to the body?

I can't prove that was being done, but I heard about it, and considering the other crap about the SAS dressing up as civilians and that flap over the "accidental" 3 shots to tilmans forehead, just makes me wanna believe the stories.

We all know the war is a fraud, and was created on purpose...too bad we're stuck going along for the ride...I feel like I was kidnapped...and I feel sorry for anyone who has to be there...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

I guess Alex Jones has it right when he names his site prison planet.

What I say about this is that they can build walls that can hold my body, they can harm me with laws and chastise me. However, my spirit is free and always will be.

Maybe, the people will have to hire some "DC Shooters" to free themselves from the tyranny.

Whoa there dude, what are you trying to say? If you are saying what I think you are saying... I cannot back that at all. Violence will only beget more violence.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MajjicMouse

Ahhh ! The good old days.

I used to live in the W.Mids (Tamworth to be more specific) ... the asshole of England IMHO. If you live anywhere near there you have my heartfelt sympathy. But I know exactly what you mean.

Having said that, I now live in a sleepy little market town in N.Yorks and the other week we had patrol cars constantly circling the area for about 10 days (and I do mean constantly - 24 hrs a day). It would appear that a local 'big fish' in our 'tiny puddle' picked on the wrong guy who had major connections in Manchester ... instant deja vu !

Woody

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Theres a very great misconception that the police are here to protect us and they have a mandate to do so..NOT TRUE!!! Police mandate is to protect the laws and property of the government. Heres a link to explain the cases that have gone before SCOTUS to prove this point.

Zindo

www.firearmsandliberty.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I live in Gainesville FL, and over the past about 8 months or so police activity has increased sharply, The local authorities are setting up checkpoints regularly. But what is odd though is that they set them up for hours at a time on streets that are not used very often. A couple of days ago they set up a Driver license check point on a small street that only has a cardiovascular medical facility and a garden club on it ,in a pretty good neighborhood, I still hav'nt figured out what that was all about, But they did warn everyone the day before in the local paper.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Although I do not have much to add to the post, I do live in the City of Mobile, AL and can attest to the fact that I have noticed a significant increase of Police presence in the city. I live in the heart of the city and have somehow missed going through a checkpoint. But, I do know that I hear in the local press more and more of checkpoints taking place (almost seems like a regular basis).

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Thanks for posting that Zindo

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join