It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else experiencing increased police activity?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by morthn1waytoskinacat
reply to post by En4cer

Another word for " I don't really have a reason".
Sunshine.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by morthn1waytoskinacat]

I would have defined PROBABLE CAUSE for you but I figured since it’s quite obvious that you know everything I really didn’t have to.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by En4cer

Most people learn cpr in school, and if your defensive training was any good at all it wouldn't take 3 of you to subdue someone with help of a taser.
How many wash out in that 18 months? My guess would be very few, as so many really crappy cops manage to slip through. That or the requirements are quite low.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by morthn1waytoskinacat]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

" Has anyone else been noticing increased policia activity in their city lately?
And does anyone elses city have an assload of roadblocks and any random given time? Or is it just our city? "

Not that I've seen.

But I am aware that the local state and feds are melding...can you say gestapo?

All one has to do is pay attention to how they show the cops taking down the "dangerous traffic offender" by tasering the guy [ good grief !!!! wtf ?!?! ]

I'd love to see an entire town visit the cops at the same time, to complain just to see how they would respond...but that ain't gonna happen here, maybe down south, where folks still have their spirit they may do it.

I'd sure love to be a fly on the wall in the pre-work briefs these guys are getting. I'm sure the propaganda is as bad in there, as it is on teevee. I think the cops are being played too.

We ARE in the end times, which will be full of deceptions, so nothing really surprises me that much anymore.

And a little tip for the HEADLIGHTS being too bright....

I found a more peaceful way to deal with this, because stomping your foot down and

or flashing your brights will do nothing but escalate your blood-pressure and perhaps worse.

What I do is, just hold up my hand to shield my eyes from the offending lights while

keeping my eyes on the road and watching to see the car don't drift over to my side.

I have no idea why folks don't pay attention to their headlights, but I gave up getting all worked up over it,

it just plain ain't worth it. Besides, what IF, you blind HIM and he loses control and SLAMS INTO YOU?

You see what I'm sayin'?

Just be careful...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by En4cer

PROBABLE CAUSE: A reasonable belief that a person has committed a crime.
A reasonable amount of suspician, supported by circumstances sufficiently strong enough to justify a prudent and cautious persons belief that certain facts are probably true.

Copspeak for "Duh, he done looked different den me, so's I stopped him and interrorgatored him".

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

reply to post by En4cer

PROBABLE CAUSE: A reasonable belief that a person has committed a crime.
A reasonable amount of suspician, supported by circumstances sufficiently strong enough to justify a prudent and cautious persons belief that certain facts are probably true.

Copspeak for "Duh, he done looked different den me, so's I stopped him and interrorgatored him".

Excellent - you know how to use a internet search engine. Very impressive.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Speaking of less than adequate testing, how stringent are those physical exams, anyway?

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Speaking of less than adequate testing, how stringent are those physical exams, anyway?

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Most could probably bench press more than your IQ.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by En4cer

You know, you can blather on and on about how much more you "think" you know than the average civ, but that will be "your" downfall one day.
Bottom line, more of us than "you". A lot more of us know what "you" are all about than "you" are definately aware of. When it hits the fan, and it will, no one will care if you are one of the good ones. You will be a uniform that is guarding food, water, and resources for the rich, taking away our only means of defense, detaining our loved ones in camps, and any other number vile treacherous crimes against the people. It has already started.
Revolution is a bloody thing, especially for those on the wrong side.
Just sayin'.........

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by En4cer

Porky, on my dumbest day I could out-smart you.
Baiting me with insults will get you no where. Just makes you look like you are reaching. Nice try though.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

reply to post by En4cer

You know, you can blather on and on about how much more you "think" you know than the average civ, but that will be "your" downfall one day.
Bottom line, more of us than "you". A lot more of us know what "you" are all about than "you" are definately aware of. When it hits the fan, and it will, no one will care if you are one of the good ones. You will be a uniform that is guarding food, water, and resources for the rich, taking away our only means of defense, detaining our loved ones in camps, and any other number vile treacherous crimes against the people. It has already started.
Revolution is a bloody thing, especially for those on the wrong side.
Just sayin'.........

Dude - you live in too much fear. On a serious note let's hope it never comes to your NWO scenario.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

reply to post by En4cer

Porky, on my dumbest day I could out-smart you.
Baiting me with insults will get you no where. Just makes you look like you are reaching. Nice try though.

LOL

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Alright folks. The personal insults stop. Stick to discussing the topic and not each other.

Please take a few minutes to review these links to refresh yourselves with our rules.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

Courtesy is Mandatory.

Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Is anyone else experiencing increased police activity?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
En4cer: Since your on the inside you should give us updates when things are about to go down. It is the only ethical thing to do. To save humainty.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I hate to disappoint but there is nothing to comment on right now worthy of a conspiracy. Keep in mind I can only comment on my little corner of the world. Sorry but there is nothing major going on in my state either. There is no new type of field force deployment training or anything like that going on with any police agency. The biggest news lately is we are still doing Active Shooter training (Columbine High School Response) or Rapid Deployment as it called. The second thing is the Plate Reader which everyone is excited about because it’s the new toy. Most police jobs here are looking to cut the fat regarding staffing or manpower issues due to a high tax rate. That translates to less cops. In trimming the fat, it also means cutting down on training time to keep budget costs down. If you’re curious where I stand read my comments on the Plate Reader which I have a major issue with.

Plate Reader

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by En4cer

Yes, but there may be a time to come where you may have some information given to you and to corral up your corner. When you get that notices tell us to get ready because the shiite his about to hit the fan.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Police are not above the law they are equal with us but everyday they do things that we would never be able to do around cops, they park in front of fire hydrants, they speed, they do illegal u-turns, and the list goes on and on.

They need to be reminded that they are not above the law. We the people will remind them.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
Police are not above the law they are equal with us but everyday they do things that we would never be able to do around cops, they park in front of fire hydrants, they speed, they do illegal u-turns, and the list goes on and on.

They need to be reminded that they are not above the law. We the people will remind them.

I can't speak for every state but in mine all emergency vehicles - Ambulance, Fire, and Police are pretty much exempt from the "Rules of the Road" section of the Vehicle and Traffic Law. This exclusion is necessary to provide the general public with an expeditious response time when enroute to an ACTUAL call. If you were having a heart attack would you like me to make the U-turn to get to you more quickly or would you rather I drive 5 miles down the road and turn around at the nearest intersection because I can't make a U-turn?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by En4cer

I was an auxilliary county sheriffs deputy in southern Kansas for 5 years. It was a part time job 18 hours a week. We had quite a few newbees fresh from the academy come out to do they're 20 hours of ride time with us. The county had a contract for this to give the newbees some basic hands on before being hired as probationers in they're reg job. Some of these folks couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time and thats no exaduration. They could not hit the broad side of a barn with they're weapons and had no martial experiance in handling aggressive people. barney Fife had more sense than these folks! One thing they did have was a realy lousey opinion of the citizens they where being trained to
work for. Maybe 2 out of the 9 I had as ride alongs where marginal at best. Arrogant, condecending, rude, and these where colledge grads.
When my contract with Boeing ran out I left the force to move and I never did police work again.
Zindo

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
to tell you the truth... up here in wisconsin... the budgets are tight... my daughter and her husband are both police officers.. and there overtime has been slashed entirely.. they are cutting back on hours.. and manpower

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

You sound like the kind of person I would like to work for the community I live in.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join