It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Control with High Frequency Sound?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Do any of you ever hear a really high pitched sound that is undoubtedly your television. I've asked people i know about it, "Hey, can you hear that really high pitched sound coming from the television?" Everyone always answer, brow furrowed, with some sort of "no." I used to think it was a sound that tubes in television sets made, but I can still hear it with new plasma, or L.C.D. televisions. One could say that it's just background noise picked up by the speakers on all televisions, but I've got a computer with speakers that don't emit the sound. So, I am at a loss. Any explanations?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Research electronic harassment.

That's a symptom.

People will try to blame it on tinnitus, but it's too mechanized and wayyy too varied for me.

I think a lot of tinnitus symptoms may be a medical cover story for an ongoing electronic harassment program.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Also, I notice that different pitches and tones affect my state of mind and body in different ways. So try paying attention to how the tones affect your well-being.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
You're just better at noticing things than other people, kid.

I'm of the perception that most of what is fed through our t.v screens is hidden away as low-frequency or high-frequency background noise, thereby filling our atmosphere with noise.

I suppose i could have gotten that idea from observing how most of the radio band is filled with static, in all honesty.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

When I referred to background noise, I was talking about the microwave radiation that permeates the universe. That's what static really is, the background radiation.

"Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation"

"The Cosmic Microwave Background"

Maybe that has something to do with it.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

...but I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Er... okay...

What exactly does that have to do with your T.V set then?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

You were saying that maybe what I am hearing is just static. I just told you what caused static. It doesn't sound very high pitched when you when you've got a screen full of static. And as for the microwave radiation that causes the static, human ears cannot hear microwaves. It just rules out the whole possibility of what I'm hearing to be static, when the characteristics of static don't coincide with what I hear.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

You don't hear the full spectrum of static either though.

I suggest you don't just "rule it out" either, that's the kind of attitude someone takes when they want to turn the discussion into an argument.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Anyway, you never said anything about background noise in the first place, so i take it that possibility already occured to you?

Or are you psychic?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

You don't hear the full spectrum of static either though.

You're right, but then how could it possibly be what I am hearing if it can't be heard by our ears.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

Like i said, you're simply better at noticing things than other people, kid.

I didn't say you were in your own little league though.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

One could say that it's just background noise picked up by the speakers on all televisions...

What's that?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

Oh i see, it was your following statement on computer speakers picking it up that threw me off.

I find it odd you would mention that Despite the fact that they don't have external transmission receivers - why the hell would they pick up background noise in the first place when they lack the instrumentation to do it?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

the fact that they don't have external transmission receivers

I've got a stereo system hooked up to my computer. It is more than capable of receiving external transmissions, albeit radio waves.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I hear it too o22a6ar. It does come from the TV and it's pretty annoying to listen to. I just became aware of it in the past few years. Before that I was never bothered by it. The sound isn't from the speakers because even if I'm not in the room I can still here the high pitch noise. It is weird that not many people hear it or are bothered by it. I don't know if it's mind control.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
So, really all you've done is gone around in circles, haven't you?

Stop beating about the Bush, all you're doing is showing just how much of a waste of time your petty games are.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Here some more information on the possibility for high frequency sounds affecting the brain operates:

"...High-Frequency Sounds Affect Brain Activity..."

According to this study, "high-frequency components (HFCs) above the audible range significantly affect the brain activity of listeners." Some of these high frequency sounds affect the "brain stem and the left thalamus...significantly." These are both very important parts of the brain that are affected by high frequency sounds, and possibly the high frequency sounds emitted from television sets. A sound that affects these parts of the brain could affect an individual's entire perception of reality. Any information sent from the body to the brain ultimately has to go through the brain stem (Wikipedia - Brain Stem). The thalamus translates all of this information for the brain to read (Wikipedia - Thalamus). These high frequency sounds coming from television sets have the potential the transform the way everyone who watches television perceives reality.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by o22a6ar]

[edit on 2-6-2008 by o22a6ar]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   

So much for "petty games." Was that convincing enough for you?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

Was what convincing?

You don't even know which point to argue, amatuer.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join