It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Control with High Frequency Sound?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

I just gave you proof that high frequency sounds affect some of the most important parts of the brain. These are the parts of the brain that translate reality to what you brain perceives it as. You ask "Was what convincing?" Did you even read the link: "...High-Frequency Sounds Affect Brain Activity?"

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
You're acting as if i disagreed with the premise of your Original Post, You are Wrong.

Stop being antagonistic, it serves no one.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Sorry, I didn't intend to make any implications of the sort.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

Whether or not you intended it does not change the fact that you did.

This is something that brings me to the brink, when people forget themselves and start making wild assertions without considering the true impact of their words.

Considering this seems to be fairly common nowadays, i'm surprised i haven't started ignoring people yet.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I was just about to post a topic on this same subject. I always hear frequency's. Before i enter a room i can tell whether someone has something on. At my house i can tell whether it's the dvd player, tv, vhs, etc. I taught myself how to recognize each device's frequency strength (rigth word?). Pretty nifty. I always assumed it was like a 6th sense everyone was born with but slowly lost. The older you get the less frequency you hear, correct?

I don't know what the origin of tv frequency is though so, no help there. But i got the same situation going on for me. I personally really like it, the frequency from tv's help me sleep actually!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
High frequency sound is difficult to hear the older you get due to the ears getting worse basically, however the human hearing range is from about 20hertz to 20thousand hertz. Its worth pointing out these are HERTZ not anything else like ghz. To put some perspective on that a low e string on a bass guitar produces just under 100hertz mainly. Most speakers will mention in the specs their frequency range and its worth noting hardly any can put out below 20hertz but most have a better high frequency register but that noise that is really high up sounds somewhere at the upper limits of human hearing therefore it may be worth finding out the range of a tv sets speakers and if it is a plot to control people or change their behaviour then it would be a dead give away if they said in the specs '50 to 15000hertz' and you could hear that noise which i'd guess it at least 15thousand.

By the way its also worth saying you'd need very good speakers to play much below 30hertz, definatly a sub woofer would need to be installed or similar.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

that sound is the transistors flicking on and off really quickly like at 50hz or something. it gives me the #s an no one else in the house even notices

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You don't need speakers to create sound frequency. If you just look at the speakers on a tv set then you might miss the actual device emitting these sounds. Personally i Don't know what the effects of these specific sounds are on the brain, but they certainly don't stop me from thinking. HOWEVER, recently some television and radio programs have started introducing these HF noises throughout as if tests for something in the future. Idk what these are or why, when, where, much less who.

I won't be checking up on this forum. So if you have a reply... notify me @ [email protected] I'll be happy to follow up on this.

~Thend

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

Well here is my experience. I stopped watching TV for like 3 years now. Each time I open a TV or by accident I'm in a room with a TV on, well I get this sense of discomfort from it, more exactly from the noise it makes, not what's on, but the noise.

If I watch TV in the classical sense I tend to lose myself (it absorbs you) and I don't hear that noise anymore, but if I'm not attentive to whats being broadcasted I hear that noise bugging me.

Now this only started to happen to me since I stoped watching TV 3 years ago. It's like before I was used to it or something and didn't notice it, but now when I watch TV like once a week or month, and that is for max 1 hour I feel the difference.

I feel a high level of disconfort and agitation/stress emanating from it. It's not a pleasent thing to have around, that is why I have no TV in my room, or if there is one, I always turn it off.

I do not know how to label this, or if there is any conspiracy behind it. I tend to think that people who watch TV constantly are actually in a sense acting like a drug addict, but this time with a TV addiction. They always open the TV the first moment they arrive at home.

I can tell you that if you stop watching TV for a few months, you will start to understand what that "noise" is. Or it might just be me.
Anyway interesting thread!

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Pericle]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Also, I notice that different pitches and tones affect my state of mind and body in different ways. So try paying attention to how the tones affect your well-being.

You mention an interesting fact about the sounds... This is an article I found on stress with a section on sound and how it can trigger stress... The Human Brain - Stress... Not only does noise affect the brain, but it can also affect other organs... I would imagine using high pitched noise to induce stress in us would cause other conditions associated with stress, which as we all know are bad... Most noise we are willingly to listen to, others we might not hear or might not conscientiously hear could have the same effects on us... This in turn could cause unwilling stress in our bodies causing other things to go wrong... Maybe there are devices that emit sounds that can actually hurt us? Maybe we don't know about it, maybe we do... I don't know... But I can see how sounds could be used and I wouldn't put past the top secret's to use or try... And hey, if they pump high pitched sounds through the TV and through all monitors of any kind, cell phones etc. it could cause enough stress in people that they remain controllable... Lazy in other words... Stress does lead to depression and it would make sense... Maybe?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by o22a6ar
Here some more information on the possibility for high frequency sounds affecting the brain operates:

"...High-Frequency Sounds Affect Brain Activity..."

According to this study, "high-frequency components (HFCs) above the audible range significantly affect the brain activity of listeners." Some of these high frequency sounds affect the "brain stem and the left thalamus...significantly." These are both very important parts of the brain that are affected by high frequency sounds, and possibly the high frequency sounds emitted from television sets. A sound that affects these parts of the brain could affect an individual's entire perception of reality. Any information sent from the body to the brain ultimately has to go through the brain stem (Wikipedia - Brain Stem). The thalamus translates all of this information for the brain to read (Wikipedia - Thalamus). These high frequency sounds coming from television sets have the potential the transform the way everyone who watches television perceives reality.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by o22a6ar]

[edit on 2-6-2008 by o22a6ar]

I notice a glaring difference in the intensity of the squeal when certain commercials come on etc.

In the race to become modernized our grip on the human state is slipping.

I wonder if it felt "better" to be a human before all the excess energy interference.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I have heard what the original poster describes. I seem to notice it mostly on big sporting events on Fox Sports (like the World Series) and on FX during movies and such. I would describe it as an almost ambient high frequency noise that shifts pitches. It sounds computer generated.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

That high pitched "whine" you hear from a television with a high voltage transformer driving a CRT tube is not some government mind control device..it simply means the HVT's adhesives inside the coils are degraded and the coil assemblies are resonating with the frequency of the horizontal sync pulse, which is 15Khz.

If the TV is a plasma type, it is the HVT assemblies doing the same thing, coils resonating to the frequency and "singing"

Oh..thats what it is called in the tech world...."singing".

No mind control..cept maybe mind OUT of control.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by depth om

The reason why you hear different intensities of the "singing" is because as a linear picture changes from bright to dark and bright again, the transmitter sending the signal changes in power and amplitude in relation to the video. Circuits within the receiver, called "APL" or Average Picture Level circuits attempt to level this out, which in turn helps keep your picture from "blooming" during the dark to light changes.

Again, it is the "flyback" or HVT that is "singing" in relation to the video, and is not anything to worry about. To get rid of this "singing", simply take some elmer's glue or even silicone and spread some around the coil and ferrite core to secure the coils so they dont resonate and "sing".

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 17-11-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

Some people are more sensitive to "LOW INTENSITY" ultrasonic sounds such as a 15Khz whine from a tv. These folks have an even more difficult time when it comes to sitting in front of a PC monitor, which runs at twice the frequency, 30Khz and higher.

Now at frequencies of 120Khz and more, and at far more higher levels than what comes from a typical flyback or HVT, that indeed can make people black out, perhaps go nutz, or cause irratic brain pulses that can cause a heart to stop.

If your one of these unfortunate people who are very sensitive to TV and PC monitors with CRT type displays, I recommend you replace it with an LCD monitor or TV. Problem solved.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

I realize this is really old, but i stumbled on this page and just wanted to give my 2 cents on why it's not mind control. Its because in a cathode ray tube (tv tube) there is only one cathode ray (light ray pretty much) and its moved around the tube very quickly (very quickly being like so fast you can't even tell) by deflecting it magnetically with electromagnets and changed in intensity very quickly to make a picture. you may just be hearing slight movement from metal things like screws in your tv being moved a bit by the electromagnets. this isnt a theory rather how a cathode ray tube (crt) works. I don't know about LCD screens, but they also change their colors rediculously fast which might generate some runoff noise into the speakers. Computer speakers are usually magnetically as not to make your monitor go all wonky (speakers have magnets in them) so that is most likely why you wouldn't hear it on a computer.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
reply to post by o22a6ar

That high pitched "whine" you hear from a television with a high voltage transformer driving a CRT tube is not some government mind control device..it simply means the HVT's adhesives inside the coils are degraded and the coil assemblies are resonating with the frequency of the horizontal sync pulse, which is 15Khz.

If the TV is a plasma type, it is the HVT assemblies doing the same thing, coils resonating to the frequency and "singing"

Oh..thats what it is called in the tech world...."singing".

No mind control..cept maybe mind OUT of control.

Cheers!!!!

Yeah man! you're right about this!

I've had some "singing" newly bought computer motherboards and graphic-cards, and it's sure a coil thing!

And some times it doesn't matter if the product is a new product directly from the fab.

When I buy something that sings, I just RMA it back to the vendor and receive a new product.

Sometimes some fabs get greedy and use inferior coils and electronic capacitors (caps) to save money on the production.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Your right about certain frequencies of sound inducing stress. I wonder what the effect they have on water (if any) as we are mostly water.

Also here is a little test you can do to check your hearing range and also what the frequency of sound you think you may be hearing thats bugging you.

www.phys.unsw.edu.au...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I don't watch television. Haven't for years. Is the noise you're experiencing a high pitched whine or a high frequency "note" being held for a certain amount of time? I occasionally experience that; I just chalked it up to possible tinnitis.

Last week my son (10 years old) grabbed his ears and shook his head saying that the "room is humming really loud". I suppose it's possible that we both are developing tinnitis but I find it difficult to believe that we experience our symptoms at the same time.

Will have to pay attention to moods (if any) associated with the noise. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
High Voltage Electrical current running through wires also tends to make a sound, if you have overhead wires in your area, you sometimes hear a buzz from these wires. It is not mind control, it is just the nature of electricity running through wires. Some people can hear these frequencies more than others.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join