It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Reporter: Network Execs Killed 'Critical' Whitehouse Stories!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

CNN Reporter: Network Execs Killed 'Critical' Whitehouse Stories!

www.politico.com

On Wednesday night, CNN's Jessica Yellin talked to Anderson Cooper about Scott McClellan's tell-all memoir and agreed with the former press secretary that White House reporters "dropped the ball" during the run-up to war.

But Yellin went much further, revealing that news executives — presumably at ABC News, where she'd worked from July 2003 to August 2007 — actively pushed her not do hard-hitting pieces on the Bush administration. [See update]

"The press corps was under enormous pressure from corporate executives, frankly, to make sure that this was a war presented in a way that was consistent with the patriotic fever in the nation and the president's high approval ratings," Yellin said.

"And my own experience at the White House was that the higher the president's approval ratings, the more pressure I had from news executives — and I was not at this network at the time — but the more pressure I had from news executives to put on positive stories about the president, I think over time...."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
LOL...So much for the "liberal" media...

With each day that passes, it's almost staggering to see how completely corrupt and crooked our entire system of Main Stream "news" reporting has become. We all knew these people were dumbing us down with "fluff pieces" and non-important garbage, but this reeks of Orwellian control and censorship...

All of these folks-The Gov, the corps, M.I.C., Private Bankers and their propaganda and brain-washing vehicle---The Main stream media, are all in bed together, and they are waging psych-warfare against us all...

But then a shocked Cooper jumped in, asking, "You had pressure from news executives to put on positive stories about the president?"

"Not in that exact.... They wouldn't say it in that way, but they would edit my pieces," Yellin said. "They would push me in different directions. They would turn down stories that were more critical, and try to put on pieces that were more positive. Yes, that was my experience."

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I don't think it is coincidence that the worse things get in Iraq, Iran, the economy, you know the serious stuff, the more we hear about where Britney went without underwear today, the next Paris sex tape, who Lindsay Lohan is doing now, in other words the completely assinine. We are being made to care and worry more about the sordid lives of "celebrity", than we are about what really matters.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I wondered if anyone would pick up this story. I saw this happen yesterday and was floored.

She went off the reservation with this remark and will likely pay a price!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
being covered over on huffingtonpost in the media section. could have told you this any way with out her. compare his coverage to clintons. if clinton had a gay male prostitute, gannon/guckert, entering the white house many, many times, like bush, it would have been every where one looked for weeks. this is just a minor example. look at the wire tapping! if clinton tried that, the press would have been screaming that he was behaving like a dictator. this just confirms what we have knopwn and observed for a long time.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
When I was watching the news about Scott McCellan critique about the Bush Administration, I was pissed about how much coverage the news media was giving. I thought it was a little too much in my view. I was surprised they allowed McCellan to talk on the show and criticizing. I was crying. It was unfair. These media organizations are suppose to be conservatives.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Is what this means is that media executives are complicit and aiding and abetting in every crime this president has committed against the Constitution and Geneva Conventions?

That would place many newspaper executives in line for public war crimes trials, wouldn't it?

Do you think that could actually happen?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The news here of course is that the reporter actually came out and told the truth. Whoopsie!!!

Seems everybody's getting giddy on the fumes of McClellan's memoirs. Better start re-inoculating the press corps.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I wonder if, the hotter the stories of corporate influence in government/media gets, the more likely it is that we will see a 'press stopping' story appear in the news..., Aliens?, Nukes, Terror, H5N1 flu..., anyone taking bets?

Considering that we could just as well lump the international banking industry, the 'foreign affairs' and trilateral types, the corporate enterprises, the media and the political parties into one group of 'people' (pardon the term) we actually could have the 'conspiracy' we've all been accused of hatching up in our tinfoil hats!

With energy from oil as the carrot, they have been beating this donkey to death, what happens when we collapse? Since we can't trust the media, and we haven't many alternative sources for 'news' will we even realize it when the time comes?

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well, pretty much all of us are anticipating the next 'false-flag' op, with of course, "Irani operatives" at the center of it all.

This corruption and dishonesty is so complete and widespread throughout all these entities it is almost like something out of a cross between a Stephen King Horror novel and "1984"...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This is no surprise the corporate media is owned by defense contractors and War is good business. Just look at how much money corporate America has made off the blood of Americans and Iraqis.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Yet another story that will be talked down by the controlled media and administration. Keep finding these stories DD. I am just hoping 20% of the population even sees this. Unfortunately I seriously doubt that even 5% will see it.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Great Post DD! We are starting to see a trend of more and more people coming forward with stories regarding the propaganda that has been steering this Nation and this war. I hope this continues and that more people come forward. If this gets loud enough then it can't be ignored.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
She has about as much credibility as Scott McClellan, which, IMO, is none.

So Jessica, where were your complaints 5 years ago? Oh yeah, that's right...it was perfectly acceptable as long as you were drawing a fat paycheck.

I would have a lot more respect for their positions had they spoken up YEARS ago. Instead, they sat on their hands and let it happen. If...IF they are telling the truth, they're just as guilty as anyone because through their silence, THEY let it happen.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

It is absolutely not a coincidence, imo. If they had direct control in what we saw in the news, what prevents them from further influence?

Did you know the Lohan's now have their own show on E! network!?

I actually attempted to watch television this morning since I wasn't home, and flipping through 80 channels of all that absolute garbage, I am believing more and more in aliens... because the fact that we ever got out of the Bronze Age on our own is amazing.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I agree with you, they both should have spoken up much sooner.

But what do we do with the information that we have now? Do we disregard it entirely because of who they are and just let it go?

I'm not being sarcastic, but it does put me in a bit of an odd mode of thought. I despise these people more for talking now, but they are talking, so what do I take from it if anything? Couldn't this all be planned out to say this for furthering the same agenda from a different front (ie. 2008 elections?)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yep-Here's the thing: ALL OF THESE PEOPLE ARE GUILTY...The gov, their Corpomedia brainwashing machine, and folks like McClellan...The key is to take this info, broadcast it EVERYWHERE and CHANGE this totally corrupted system. People are going to have to step up en masse, protest wide-spread, and start BOYCOTTING these MSM outlets entirely.

And I've said it before---A really wise idea would be for a million or more common folk to get together and create THEIR OWN media network, ran independently from these corporate giants. Keep stock very limited, so it HAS to be shared by millions, and not one or two billionaire elitists...

[edit on 29-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

I don't disregard it completely, but I'm also very wary of buying bullcrap from people who stood only to lose their jobs. BFD, I say to both of them. Had they spoken up back then (and assuming they're being truthful, which I find to be a rather big assumption), it may have saved thousands of American troops lives.

Instead, it looks pretty damn dubious to speak up now.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I don't doubt that media execs applied pressure to keep questions (directed towards the Whitehouse) simple and nationalism high during the run up to the war. Now it is popular to bash Bush and many media outlets have run anti-war journalistic pieces or at least articles questioning the wisdom of our actions. The major news outlets just feed off the energy of the public and feed that right back to them. It was popular to be pro-America back then so they jumped right on it.. Now it's popular to be anti-America so they jump on that wagon. It's basic psychology.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

EXACTLY.

As I stated a few weeks back, these days the major media outlets are providing little more than a perverse form of entertainment. They don't make up news, but they do focus on what they think their audience wants to hear. Its all about ratings and money.

The truth, or perhaps, more accurately, giving fair treatment to both sides of the story, is a secondary concern.

<<   2  3 >>

join