It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Cross Gives $50 Gas Card For Blood !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Red Cross Gives Gas for Blood

www.zimbio.com

As gas prices rise and people become more and more desperate for a full tank, the American Red Cross has offered an answer. Give blood, get gas. Well, it doesn't exactly work like that, at least not yet.

If you are desperate for gas and willing to have a large needle inserted into your arm, which will drain the fluid that provides you with life, then you should definitely read on.
(visit the link for the full news article)

REDCROSS LINK $50 GAS CARD FOR BLOOD

[edit on 28-5-2008 by 123space]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I think its better red cross ask IraqS to give them blood .oTHER then asking American's.At least they dnt loss their life for OIL.Its ok for IRAQS ALSO THAT THEY DONATE THEIR BLOOD THEN GIVING THEIR LIFE'S. End of the year oil get from blood for oil they give to mr bush as ransom not to kill any one in iraq..

www.zimbio.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
IRAQ POPULATION X $50 =$ 13,74981900 PER MONTH
ITS NOT A BAD IDEA GUYS ANY ONE HERE UNDERCOVER OR FBI OR CIA AGENT WATCHING MY THREAD I GIVE YOU A G8T IDEA FOR FREE
. ASK YOUR BOSS TO TAKE A LOOK AT IT, ITS BETTER THEN BLACKWATER STUFF

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hey, it beats the typical juice and cookies.

Yes this is a one-liner but it makes sense.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hmm in the rush to get blood for blood banks the Red Cross must not cut any safety procedures.

A gas card will be a massive incentive for people to lie about their previous exposure to unprotected sex, gay sex, hard intravenous drug usage etc.

Imagine the consequences if a an HIV infected man wants the gas card so much that he lies about his condition? People have proven to kill others for the contents of a wallet, so will they hesitate to possibly give them HIV in return for a $50 gas card?

As long as all blood used is screened adequately, there is no concern. However what if screening is omitted by a lazy or incompetent clerk? Many people stand to suffer if that is the case. It all comes down to screening for me, but I suspect that this may increase the number of HIV positive people trying to donate blood for the wrong reason (namely that gas card).

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Just to be precise. The card will be raffled off to ONE donor per day. Not everyone that donates blood will get a gas card.

From May 23, 2008 to September 30, 2008, the American Red Cross Penn-Jersey Blood Services Region will raffle a $50 gas card to one lucky person every day.

I'd give blood regardless of the giveaway but this is a great incentive for those that need encouragement.

edit : spelling

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Tuebor]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well, if anyone had read the link you would see that they are not giving the gas card to everyone who gives blood.

This is only going on in a certain region of the country, and they are only raffling off (1) gas card each day. So it really isn't the big deal some are making it out to be.

(Beat me to it Teubor)

[edit on 28-5-2008 by nyk537]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

What does "gay sex" have to do with giving blood lol.. seriously now.. is that something they ask?

Anyways. I don't know what the hell the topic of this thread is because I can't understand the OP and his way of typing .. $50 for gas and something about Iraq. Who the hell knows. I'll take $50 for blood though..

Meh, I see it's a raffle. That's not enough incentive for me sorry.

[edit on 5/28/2008 by Rockpuck]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

you beat me to it, what exactly does gay sex have to do with the ability to give blood?

I think the OP was saying The American Red Cross should make the same offer to Iraqi's.

Though I dont fully understand why.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
In response to Rockpuck and InspiteOf:

One of the questions asked when donating blood is "Have you ever had gay sex?". Statistics show a very high correlation between gay sex and prevalence of HIV... its just a way of seeing if extra checks are neeed.

Perhaps this is not standard procedure in the USA, but all my friends and I were asked this question when we donated (blood drive at university). At least I hope it was routine procedure!

Edit: just in case you guys doubted me, heres a screenshot of the online blood donation questionnaire at Blood Bank

[edit on 28-5-2008 by 44soulslayer]

top topics

join