It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Movie Theatre Rant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Having gone out to the movies tonight, I think I need to say this. (A harmless rant)

It's a Tuesday night, and we went to a 9pm film. Obviously didn't expect it to be busy, so when we arrived at the theatre it wasn't a surprise that we were the only two people there. A few minutes later, just before the film started, two older women came into the theatre. Now I would say it held about two or three hundred people. Only two seats are taken. Would you believe that these two women chose the two seats next to my girlfriend and I?

We all just sat there quietly for a minute.

Then they finally said, is it weird that we sat right next to you guys considering the whole theatre is empty?

I gave an unconvincing, half-hearted "...No" and just let it go.

Hardly ruined the evening or anything, but I couldn't believe that in all the seats they could have chosen, they intentionally walked to the far side of the theatre and right to the back and sat in the two seats next to us. Not the twenty or thirty other empty seats in the row, if the back row was their plan.

Agh.

Had fun tonight though.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
As rants go that was extremely mild...

That is kinda weird though. I'd have told them yes it is a little strange that you'd choose to sit next to us when the theatre is empty...

...did you check to make sure they didn't plant a homing devise on you? There, that's my paranoia for the day...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
dude that's nothing happens all the time! Did you go see indiana jones?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Well this thread is Freaky.
Last night I went to the 9pm show , to see Indiana Jones, and it was the opposite. Actually we had bought tickets to the 8pm show, but the theatre was PACKED! So we switched for the 9pm. It was still quite full with about 15 seats left. Our theatre has 7 cinemas and each seats 100 people.

I have to say though chissler, that is a little weird though.
Perhaps the ladies thought it would be rude to sit elsewhere.
Did they engaged you guys in any chatting ?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I went to see Indian last week with my fiancee and a similar thing happened. Everyone was sitting in the back section (we prefer front) so we went and sat all along with like 6 empty rows around us... then in walk two guys and just sit down next to my fiancee.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
When they first sat down, they waited a few minutes and asked us if it was weird, and I didn't have it in me to say that it was. And after the film they thanked us for their company. (How crazy would it be if they were members and read this?)

What film did we go see? Was it noticeable that I left out that detail?

My girlfriend made the selection last night, so let's just say Kevin McKidd's fake English accent was horrendous. (1000 BTS points to the member who names the movie first)

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Was the movie:

Made of Honor?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Unfortunately, yes. (Points are en route)

She knows I can handle those types of movies every now and then, so I gave it a go with her and it wasn't that bad. A few laughs with the predictable story line, but I've paid to see worse.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Well as long as you didn't feel it was a waste of money lol... that is how i judge how bad i feel a movie is lol.

P.S. Ta for points.

[edit on 28/5/2008 by SilentShadow]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
chissler, I don't think it's weird or odd, or anything, I enjoy total strangers sitting next to me.

Where I come from total strangers sit next to you (even if the place is nearly empty) and talk with you before the movie starts, teens are making jokes and funnies, people just came from the bar and smeel like alcohol. That's in Texas, what's weird though is that in Missouri, when you walk into a theatre it's a quiet as a tomb, nobody talks, laughs or tells jokes, it's like being at a funeral, wEiRd.

I like people sitting with me in a theatre, or was it that you had a lady friend that you wanted to be alone with?

-Jimmy

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

I know what you're saying, and believe me.. where I come from is a very friendly and personable location. I say hello to anyone I pass on the street and end up having extensive conversations with complete strangers on a daily basis. These two ladies were very polite and we chatted with them after the film. But the initial shock to watching them make almost an effort to sit right next to us was a little much.

It was more of a case of they picked where they usually sit, and we just happen to be next to their intended seats. But everyone has their own personal space issues and not everyone deals with it as effectively, and I try to respect that. I don't feel disrespected by them or anything, it was just different.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
That's kinda weird.

Maybe since you were the only ones at the place you picked the best seats, so when they came they wanted to sit in the best spot too?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thats not half as bad as having to wait 15 minutes after all the stupid commercials to finally watch the dam movie.

top topics

join