It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Kerry Wants to Scrap War on Terror

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
why not look weak for once? focus on controling our own contry instead of controling others.. We are so focused on being a bully nation.. mabey I should not be speaking on such a topic with out in depth knowledge, why are the terrorists terrorizing us any ways?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I have submitted this article already as an atsnn news article submission which was then re-edited by ats.

Whats up here?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I dont dispute its a right wing site nor do I say anything that would push me along with the right wing status of the site in my original post. What I said was all true and all quotes taken directly from Kerry people. It may be right wing and all, but it still is news.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
here's another article
about kerrys 'war on terror'.....a couple of quotes to wet your whistle.....
"The Massachusetts Democrat, looking to stretch his delegate lead in Tuesday's primary election in California and voting in nine other states, said he would add 40,000 military personnel and 200,000 police and firefighters to America's ranks. The CIA, moreover, would assume the undisputed lead in intelligence efforts and would launch "a major initiative in public diplomacy" to push "the next generation of Islamic youth" toward democracy, he said." what does that mean????

What it means is that the issue of how to fight the 'War on Terror' is more complex then the current adminstration would have you believe. It's not a showdown at the OK Corral, where you have the better gun and the faster draw. These folks when riled up are clearly (9/11) prepared to fight dirty. Not that the US government isn't prepared to fight dirty, but terrorist organizations are taking that notion to a whole new level.

The fact is rest of the world does not think as highly of the US these days as the US seems to think of itself. There is deep hatred for the US brewing in the countries of the middle east. Hatred fueled not only by the short sighted US foriegn policy of many administrations, both Republican and Democrat, but also by a religous furvor which is an even harder mindset to change. And when you bring the notion of fighting a cause for God into the picture nothing you do is going to stop the onslaught of martyrs.

You got someone who's suggesting a plan that includes reaching out to people who hate you and trying to build a bridge, so that maybe the children of the people who hate you will think differently in the future. Or conversely, you can just continue to launch illegal wars and invade middle eastern countries for unfettered access to their oil reserves, rip up peace treaties you've signed, turn your friends into enemies and cross your fingers that actions like that don't create 1000 more Bin Laden's. Fact is Western society is built on the notion of freedom, and freedom as we've known it can't continue to exist when one person can walk into an urban center and release a deadly biotoxin that can kill tens of thousands, even millions of people. A lot is clearly riding on the coming elections in the US. In many ways, the fate of the world. Choose wisely America. Choose wisely.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
heelstone, I respect your "opinion" of the "facts", but what would you have done about Saddam? He killed or ordered the deaths of over 300,000 Iraqi's... he was a brutal dictator.

Would you have supported military action to oust him STRICTLY for his human rights violations? I am curious...

No WMD's? There is no more proof that there are NO WMD's then there is proof that there ARE. The question has not been answered, and unfortunately, will never be proven one way or the other, because someone will have an explanation for it...

What if they were all destroyed, disposed of, or sent to Syria prior to the war, or during it? If they're "hidden" how do we prove that? We can't unless we find them...

Honestly, I don't trust ANY President, be it Bush or Kerry because they rely upon intelligence by agencies who have their own agendas.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
We need the UN involved in the process. Its childish to call the UN obsolete. If we don't compromise we may as well hand over our country right now. We have to have willing partners, and we need a president that understands that. The views here are all black and white. There is no room for that when you are trying to change the world. Since that is what Dubya claims he wants to do he needs the UN on his team because they are the world.

In any case the bigot needs to be removed from office.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
if this is true and kerry wins, ill personally lead a military coup. The un is so caught up in its political machinery it cannot do anything useful any more, so it should be abolished like the old league of nations and replaced by a newer organization that is more powerful. 9/11 targeted AMERICA, not jews anarchists christians or gays, AMERICANS. If we do not do anything we will be destroyed. 9/11 did happen ive been to the pentagone and seen the gaping hole in it.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Even more reason to hate this guy. If the war on terror is abandon the US would be seen as weak to these crazy Muslim terrorists and they will waltz right in with bombs. As for the UN, screw it. The UN is a debate club that is full of horsecrap. They want to boss around countries, and tell them what to do. They just sit there and wait for something to happen, then they might act.

Terrorists cannot be reasond with, they must be captured or preferably killed. Kerry needs to realize that.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoSilence
heelstone, I respect your "opinion" of the "facts", but what would you have done about Saddam? He killed or ordered the deaths of over 300,000 Iraqi's... he was a brutal dictator.

Would you have supported military action to oust him STRICTLY for his human rights violations? I am curious...
I wouldn't have done jack crap to Saddam. There are many other dictators in the world past and present that are worse than Saddam that the U.S. never even touched. We went over purely for monentary reasons as the switch of Iraq's oil currency pricing from euros to U.S. dollars proved.

No WMD's? There is no more proof that there are NO WMD's then there is proof that there ARE. The question has not been answered, and unfortunately, will never be proven one way or the other, because someone will have an explanation for it...

What if they were all destroyed, disposed of, or sent to Syria prior to the war, or during it? If they're "hidden" how do we prove that? We can't unless we find them...
Please. I would have thought people that visit a conspiracy website to be smarter than this. There is nothing there and even our current administration that started this debacle is stating as such now. Why try to defend the indefensible? What is really in it for you to justify the wholesale slaughter of INNOCENT Iraqis?

Honestly, I don't trust ANY President, be it Bush or Kerry because they rely upon intelligence by agencies who have their own agendas.
At least you recognize that.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Kerry wins, which he will in an untampered election, and one member will lead a military coup!?!

Another says if Kerry wins and actually brings a strategy to the "War on Terror" for the first time, terrorists will waltz into the US with bombs, because we'd be weak!?!

The UN is a "debate" club....but is suppose to function with it's biggest member undermining it at every turn that they find inconvenient for themselves or Israel !?

It's not a quantum leap to realize that blowing up people's homes & countries might very well motivate them to return the favor, rather than disuade them from doing it!?!

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
There are alot of people that are really scared. They want a war on terror. This could hurt Kerry's chances.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join