It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Kerry Wants to Scrap War on Terror

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Presidential candidate John Kerry recently stated that he would abandon the war on terror if elected and start up talks with terrorist regimes and apologize for President George Bush's accused mistakes. Kerry has started a campaign to inform democrats abroad to start a campaign of letters and articles criticizing the current administration's foriegn policy.

In what appears to be one of the weakest stances for democracy abroad in recent memory Kerry seems to want the US to be led by a international government such as the U.N. and leave all decision making on situations of war directly at the hands of members outside of the United States. Kerry's record on defense and national security has come into question many times and this current stance certainly backs up his weak foriegn policy stance as well.

"Kerry promised to spend the first 100 days of his administration traveling the world to denounce his predecessor, apologize for his "radically wrong" policy, and seek "cooperation and compromise" with friend and foe alike. Borrowing language normally reserved to characterize "rogue" states, Kerry said he would "go to the United Nations and travel to our traditional allies to affirm that the United States has rejoined the community of nations."

"Kerry foreign-policy aide Beers tried to nuance the impression that Kerry was willing to seek new ties with the Tehran regime and forgive the Islamic republic for 25 years of terror that began by taking U.S. diplomats hostage in Tehran in 1979 and continues to this day with Iran's overt support and harboring of top al-Qaida operatives."

"By sending such a message directly to the organs and the megaphones of the dictatorial Islamic regime, you have given them credibility, comfort and embraced this odious theocracy," Pirouznia says. "You have encouraged and emboldened a tyrannical regime to use this as propaganda and declare 'open season' on the freedom fighters in Iran."

www.worldnetdaily.com...

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by Dreamz]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Oh, you've got to be kidding me!!
I may not agree with the gung-honess Bush has displayed in the "War on Terrorism," but completely trashing it? Seek cooperation and compromise with "friend and foe alike"??
I think this is a very, very bad idea.

-B.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I agree 100% banshee. While I dont agree on some of Bush's decisions, scraping the war and deciding to appease to terrorist regimes is exactly what the US does not need right now. It will only make us look weak and vulnerable. I bet terrorists are praying this guy is elected.

Let me add that telling democrats to send letters of apology and to denounce his policies to foriegn papers while our president is still in office sends a TERRIBLE message abroad. That in matter of fact disgusts me more than scraping the WOT.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Up to now I've detested Kerry, but if this is true I'll gladly vote for him.

The "War on Terrorism" is a fraud, folks. A fraud promulgated by jews and fundie christians who support Israel but are too cowardly to actually live there. It's a fraud perpetrated by US & UK oil companies and war profiteers like Bush and Cheney.

If arab terrorism was real we'd all be witnessing continual attacks against oil refineries everywhere in the world, every day.

Countries deliberately create fake enemies to manipulate public support for unpopular political and economic agendas. We all know our industrial base is being destroyed. Jobs are disappearing. National debt to private banks is skyrocketing so that eventually we'll be forced to sell off public assets like water works, roads, schools and libraries. Taxes are being spent to support oil companies and defense contractors instead of public works, social security, national infrastructure. Wake the f**k up people.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condorcet

The "War on Terrorism" is a fraud, folks. A fraud promulgated by jews and fundie christians who support Israel but are too cowardly to actually live there.

I could not agree more!
those christians who serve the jews are traitors to their god.
Whats worse than the american zionists are the so called "christian zionists" an abomination to god.

Those tele-evangelists think that they will earn a place with the rabbi's in the afterlife... oh yes they will, but that place will not be in heaven.

If americans wanted freedom they would need to nuke israel, the slave master

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Wow, and I thought Colonel was a extremist. I can see now why this world is such a #hole. People have so much hatred.....Sad, truely sad.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
From the article:

Heritage presidential historian Lee Edwards called it "not a foreign-policy analysis but a polemical speech, filled with inflammatory rhetoric that is disturbing and beyond the pale. What this suggests is that Mr. Kerry wants to take us back to President [Bill] Clinton and his U.N.-led multilateral policies."

Why is this disturbing--I don't get it? Don't we want to work with the world? No, my b, we want to pay to rebuild every damn failed nation on this planet by ourselves.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Sorry the UN has no credibility, they cant even enforce there own resolutions. The only reason they are legit and still intact is for some reason the US likes to have them around for small peace keeping missions. The UN is a modern day League of Nations and does not have the annual budget, or military might allocated to itself to ever become an effective multi-national organization. They stick to humanatarian issues and they are fine, but large scale military options should not be decided by a international body that allows terrorist regimes (Syria) to head its board for a month.
America pays the largest portion of the budget, is the only country that will enforce the resolutions and still is the most criticized member by the international community. My opinion, not that it matters is to get the hell out of this joke of a organization and snub our nose to the UN. After-all, theyve done it to us every chance they got.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
Wow, and I thought Colonel was a extremist. I can see now why this world is such a #hole. People have so much hatred.....Sad, truely sad.

hate? HATE? tell that to the dead victims of US/ISREALI foreign policy

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
And the dead Americans/Israelis who are fighting people who target innocent civilians? There's two sides to every coin.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Just because we are not going to keep invading 3rd world countries if Kerry gets elected doesnt mean we still cant spy on potential threats and act on them if necessary.

There are more anti-US people than the US population. THe more wars we wage against weak countries the more anti-US sentiment we are going to get.

Its time we focus on peace.

Q

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
If anyone watched the debates on CNN tonight, there was something quite interesting from Kerry on this.

The question given was, very plainly, if N. Korea posed a clear and imminent threat to the U.S., would you have the cohones to fight back decisively? (Not the exact wording, but close enough...) This was directed straight at Kerry.

In reply, he gave no real answer at all, but sidestepped by accusing the Bush administration of squandering the goodwill that was negotiated with NK during the Clinton administration.

WTF?? Is this man completely insane, or does he get worse intel than a blind, illiterate, deaf/mute? (No offense to the sensorally challenged.
) We found out that NK had indeed been fudging completely on the aforementioned agreements THE ENTIRE TIME!!! And we somehow 'screwed up' by busting them out on this??? I'm sorry, but this man is severely out of touch. How has he made it this far? I just don't understand...bonesman or no, Kerry doesn't have the sense god gave my cat.

Mark my words: if this man is elected, America is screwed! Might as well start growing beards and knitting burqas as soon as the votes are counted.

On a brighter note, spewing forth non-facts like this might be enough to cost him the nomination. If this keeps up, I see Edwards coming from behind to take it.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
"Up to now I've detested Kerry, but if this is true I'll gladly vote for him.

The "War on Terrorism" is a fraud, folks. A fraud promulgated by jews and fundie christians who support Israel but are too cowardly to actually live there. It's a fraud perpetrated by US & UK oil companies and war profiteers like Bush and Cheney.

If arab terrorism was real we'd all be witnessing continual attacks against oil refineries everywhere in the world, every day."

You're nuts. Prove ANYTHING you just said. Put down the bong and take your medication.

Terrorism is real. Bush may suck, but anyone who believes as you do has a serious mental illness...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Kerry, if elected, would be doing the most logical and sane thing to do. The U.S.'s swathe of destruction without justification is doing far more harm than good for every nation involved.

Its time to end this lunacy and return to diplomacy.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoSilence
You're nuts. Prove ANYTHING you just said. Put down the bong and take your medication.

Terrorism is real. Bush may suck, but anyone who believes as you do has a serious mental illness...
Proof that the war on terrorism is a fraud? The Iraq invasion. Thats all the proof we need that its fallacious. Zero evidence of any WMD or terrorist ties, plus the vindication of whistleblower Katherine Gun last week regarding the leaked emails concerning coercion of the UNSC by the NSA.

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
oh my god is this true... d*mn this will mean that the terrorist will win its for them a moral victory and we as western world have given in too terror.

this will mean they will over run us if nobody will stand for our meaning of life we will go as the reign of Atlantis.
man this man is really a pain in the *ss he is like judas. selling out our western civilisationl.

hope that republicans win. making hard lign doesn't make you populair but it does the job.

What would he have done when he was in the white house 9/11.

same as clinton talking talking turning turning around for not to send in militairy force.

look at rwanda how bad that went under clintons terms. this is a bad thing for us all.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
sounds like a good plan to me, for world peace, but also for getting elected, but an american president against war and world policing and al that?? hmmmmmmmm,

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
here's another article
about kerrys 'war on terror'.....a couple of quotes to wet your whistle.....
"The Massachusetts Democrat, looking to stretch his delegate lead in Tuesday's primary election in California and voting in nine other states, said he would add 40,000 military personnel and 200,000 police and firefighters to America's ranks. The CIA, moreover, would assume the undisputed lead in intelligence efforts and would launch "a major initiative in public diplomacy" to push "the next generation of Islamic youth" toward democracy, he said." what does that mean???? the u.s even more of a police state??

"Kerry promised "a stronger, more comprehensive and more effective strategy for winning the war on terror than the Bush administration has ever envisioned."
i assume that means he will run around saying sorry to everybody....

"He also promised to make the United States "energy independent" from the Middle East within 10 years "so our sons and daughters will never have to fight and die for it." new types of energy or just dig for all the oil in america and let the next generation deal with what we did????

the election is looking more and more like a decision between to extremes.....................both have one common theme.....police state america

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
one step closer to that "one world government'
total control
total police state
this is all madness, terrorists or not....this country is going under

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This is ATSNN, only news is suppose to be posted here. WordlnetDaily is a Right Wing #hole. Good God man! They're selling, on their homepage, the following:

- A book asking how many deaths saved the Clinton presidency!
- A book by renowned racists and neo-fascist Michael Savage!
- A book telling how Ronald Reagan was lead by the divine!!

#hole people, nothing to see here except Dreamz relocating this thread to the MudPit, if "reporters" have that authorization.

On what was raised in the article:
We need a president to repair relations on a worldwide scale, not maintain Pax Americana. Recalling this pointless effort of occupation and replacing it with a quickly deployable strike force is a boon to our world image and to our troop moral. Not to mention the death count.
Get people to the table to talk and the bullets/bombs will stop - since no one but disengaged leaders wants unending bullet diplomacy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join