It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Syria places massive missile, warplane, sub order in Moscow

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Exclusive: Syria places massive missile, warplane, sub order in Moscow

www.debka.com

Damascus, in the process of peace talks with Israel, sent a large military delegation to Moscow, headed by air force-air defenses commander Gen. Akhmad Ratyb with an Iranian $5 billion check, to buy the latest Russian missiles, warplanes and other military hardware for the Syrian armed forces.

DEBKAfile adds: The makeup of Damascus’ shopping list and its financing source do not support the contention that peace talks will pull Syria away from its alliance
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
thats alot of money going to russia.. me thinks the eastern block countries are gearing up for war.. what do you think?

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Iran plans on having Syria help it with Israel.

Obama is pro-Syria and Iran and ant-Israel. If he gets into office, Israel will get no help from the US against Iran.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Good,
until they give up their nuclear programme, allow Palestinians back into palestine and remove road blocks, I dont understand why any nation should be helping Israel.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Good,
until they give up their nuclear programme, allow Palestinians back into palestine and remove road blocks, I dont understand why any nation should be helping Israel.

Obama, what a guy.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

Obama is pro-Syria and Iran and ant-Israel. If he gets into office, Israel will get no help from the US against Iran.

Sure. And Putin likes cross dressing too while we're making up fanciful statements.

I don't think I have ever seen anyone suggest he is "pro-Iran" before, unless you mean that he is pro because he doesn't want to invade it.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Uhh Obama is pro-Israel. In fact, he gave a speech recently saying we need to help Israel

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Aaahh, yeah, but Obama will say and do anything to get elected. He is only pro-Israel right now to squelch the public support of Hamas for him to be the US President.

Obama is easy to figure out. He just counters everything. First, with the Reverend Wright - spins that around as in "Shame on the US for being racist" with his "great" *coughs* uniter speech.

Next, pro-Hamas and anti-Israel US Terror groups. His counter? Show he now supports Israel, whereas, only not even two weeks ago he said Israel was a "constant sore in the Middle East", repeating what Hamas or some other anit-Israel, US Terror groups said.

Doesn't wear a Flag Pin. He sees many potential voters are quite upset by that as it shows no respect. His counter? He now wears a Flag Pin.

Allah forbid he should take a stand on his own first without being reactionary to preceived US voter interests.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Every United States politician does this, it's called respecting the peoples interest. You are also using a lot of irrelevant points against him.

Oh and Obama is in fact a Christian, your muslim hating reactionary methods aren't working anymore. Please don't bring up Ron Paul either, that'll be a big laugh.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 27-5-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Every United States politician does this, it's called respecting the peoples interest. You are also using a lot of irrelevant points against him.

- no comment

[edit on 27-5-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Exactly. Instead of actually trying to debate or find RELEVANT points, you get a half-wit cartoon. Get a life.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 27-5-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Sometimes a picture can say at all.

So, exactly, what are relavent points where Obama is concerned? For man who has avoided voting over 120 times on Senate bills for a three year term, what is relavent to this man's character that makes him a leader?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

If he gets into office, Israel will get no help from the US against Iran.

Look forget about Obama because your obvious hatred for him is clouding your judgement, just be logical.

Remind me, when did Israel become the 51st State?

What is America's debt to this nation? Have they ever given the US billions of dollars in military hardware and aid?
Do they help America make peace with it's enemies?

You need to seriously re-evaluate the unrelenting US Support for Israel. It's because of one thing and one thing alone, the Jewish Lobby.
The number of Jewish members of Bush's Cabinet and Administration who have dual-citizenship with Israel is not only scary but unprecedented, and their placed in there for one reason alone, to look out for Israeli interests.

I mean America is sacrificing it's own National Security interests to help Israel. Is that reasonable, does that sound like a good judgement?

Because the US is Israel's #1 Pal and supporter, America has now opened itself up to the wrath and hatred of Islamic Fundamentalists all around the world. Because the US gives Israel more money a year than any other nation, Palestinian terrorist groups, Hezbollah, Hamas, the PLO, and Al-Qaeda all have one MORE justification for attacking the United States.

That is a sad error in judgement and a really bad move strategically speaking. You don't sacrifice your security for someone else's, not when were talking about a lot of innocent lives here being at risk.

Israel is it's own little part of the world with it's own rules. The US didn't help create it, the US didn't want to create it and the US had no ties to it until very recently. Thus, America has no business helping Israel do anything.

And why are we helping? Because a growing number of Jewish members of the Senate, Congress and the Administration are using American Foreign Policy to fuel their own persona interests while disregarding what's good for America.

Support for Israel = Bad for America
It's bleeding the US dry and is just another fruitless tax payer expenses that serves no purpose other than to garner more vengeance against the US in the future.
When Israel starts sending America billions of dollars per year, maybe I'll reconsider my stance here, until they do, it's a pretty one-sided relationship here that's going nowhere fast.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
It is called an alliance.

We gave the Allies everything they needed in WW2, as well.

I do not see the problem here.

A question: Does England support Israel as well?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

Israel is it's own little part of the world with it's own rules. The US didn't help create it, the US didn't want to create it and the US had no ties to it until very recently. Thus, America has no business helping Israel do anything.

And why are we helping? Because a growing number of Jewish members of the Senate, Congress and the Administration are using American Foreign Policy to fuel their own persona interests while disregarding what's good for America.

Good rant, however the U.S. did plenty to create Israel. I personally think it was a HUGE mistake; the U.S. should have just offered the half a million Jewish survivors visa's and had the emmigrate here. They are bright people, they are an asset.

Secondly I think our policies are primarily dictated by fundamentalist Christians, and not Jewish members of the Senate. Blame the Christians.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Oh really? Tell me why isn't America sending the UK billions in "aid" every year?
Why aren't they sticking their noses into Turkey's business and helping them sort out those Kurdish rebels in the the south of their country?
Why isn't American sending us Aussies military hardware?
We could sure use it, we've got a puny force with a lot of outdated hardware for such a vast nation.

There's a big distinction Allies and a leech clinging to a big, fat hog's ass.
Israel is that distinction.
This relationship far surpasses what is normal for Allies to contribute and not only that, it's a completely one-sided relationship.

What has Israel ever given the US? Apart from 37 dead servicemen on the USS Liberty?
The US gains no benefit from being Israel's friend and enabler.
Israel is like some pathetic drug addict clinging to it's parents for support and nourishment.
The US needs to shake it off and keep walking.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Secondly I think our policies are primarily dictated by fundamentalist Christians, and not Jewish members of the Senate. Blame the Christians.

Wrong. Read this: www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes&colorshift=yes

There a large number of Jewish members of the Bush Admin. who hold dual citizenship with Israel and the US and are COINCIDENTALLY key advisors on Foreign Policy and matters relating to Israel (Middle East, etc..).

Bush is a puppet. The strings are pulled by big business, influential people and the Jewish lobby.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

- no comment

[edit on 27-5-2008 by jetxnet]

Perhaps you should have added "no argument" aswell...

Deranging a thread about Syria with your Anti Obama posts is just silly.

Keep the Obama discussion (ie smear campaign) in other threads and keep this one on topic. You're only making yourself look silly.

On topic:
I guess the Syrians were just as surprised/frightened as the rest of the world that Isreal currently has 150 Nukes, and are now going to Russia to seek backup and arms.

Logical if you ask me, if my neighbour would have occupied the next door house and secretly and illegaly stockpile it with weapons, i would become a tad bit scared myself, at the least intimitaded.

Gaining Russia's backing in this, gives them a better position, simple really.
Can't say i don't understand.

What keep baffling me is the support the USA gets to Isreal, any other country in the world who would act the same as Isreal would be long invaded.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Yes I agree Bush is a puppet. In addition I do think the Jewish members of the administration are probably smarter than the others, and therefore they weild a lot of influence, however I still say the problem is the Fundamentalist Christians.

Israel exists now, we can't go back in time and fix that. I do believe our policies regarding Israel are crazy, but I also believe that the majority of the supporters in the US are CHRISTIAN. Jews make up about 2% of the U.S. population, if they are running things it is the fault of the Christian majority!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

Spot on re: Obama-on-the-brain, saved me the trouble!

I don't think this has anything to do with the "150 nukes" news, which is no news at all since it's been an open secret for decades that Israel has them.

Assuming the report is true, it's just further confirmation that the US invasion has unleashed an arms race/proxy Cold War in the ME. Russia has already signed similar deals with Iran, and now its Syria's turn.

The report comes right after Israel and Syria announced peace talks, so the Syrians are buying some clout to bring to the bargaining table.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join