It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida man selling ghosts in a bottle!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

www.local6.com

John Deese said he has ghosts trapped in bottles.

“This was actually the first one that was caught, in Decatur County, Ga., in an old farmhouse,” Desse said, showing off one ghost in a bottle.

While Deese said he contracts with professional ghost catchers around the country and that it’s the ghost catchers who actually stuff the phantasms into a bottle, he wouldn’t elaborate on exactly how the ghosts get into the bottles.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I wouldn't buy one. What if the ghost gets out at your house? this is a really bad idea. I do believe that you can get ghosts into bottles because they are made of crystal or glass. So it's very possible to have a ghost inside the bottle. Just make sure you don't open it!

www.local6.com

this is the warning label page.

aghostinabottle.com...

[edit on 26-5-2008 by jedimiller]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
havent you got to have a license to sell spirits

but seriously anyone who buys one deserves to have there money robbed

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
How a bottle can keep ghost inside? Unless it is just a spirit, of course.
However if person sold a moon, why cannot another sell ghosts. In the bottle. And then Genies, in the light bulbs.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Couple of points:

1. If this is possible, even hypothetically, wouldn't it be really mean and unethical to keep a ghost caged into a bottle? It would make it impossible for the ghost to move on or ascend...

2. He may just be selling the old trick called "ghosts in a bottle", which is to take a used whisky bottle and set fire to the end. Explosive deflagration occurs due to the pressurised nature of a bottle, and you hear a "whoooooo" sound coming from the bottle, similar to a ghost.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Are you ever stumped as to gift buying for the person who has everything?

I actually think it's a joke, but I might consider buying one for my Aunt who has far too many bottles of perfume!

It would surely be a conversation piece, sitting on her fireplace mantle!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

LOL

Wow,this made my day early today.Sounds like in"Zelda:Ocarina of Time"When you trap the "Poes" in a bottle,lol..........It is amazing what lengths we humans will go to to make a buck.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Yeah, sounds like a joke, but what about if the guy is actually going to these homes and capturing ghosts? he thinks its a joke and then it turns out that people who are buying the bottles are having supernatural problems at their homes? I'd for one, would like someone to send me one as a gift, email me and I'll send you my address to send it to.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Ohhhh, Jedi! Now I don't know about that since you already collect things.

Seeing as how you already have a demon in your house, is this a new hobby for you?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
Seeing as how you already have a demon in your house, is this a new hobby for you?

I like collecting stuff! I wouldn't open it, but then again my nephew might open it if I leave it out. Perhaps you're right! not a very good idea..unless it's a friendly ghost?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
i recall a story about the monastaries in china, perhaps tibet, where they housed a great collection of demons imprisoned in these containers, much like john carpenters old movie, the name of which escapes me.

at any rate, when the government came to power they smashed a bunch of these things releasing the demons, so the story goes.

its been a long while that i read that, and i recall that it was hundreds of years ago....but i may be wrong on that, it may have been the chinese communist government rather than a dynastic one.

CX

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hopefully no-one with any sense will take this seriously, then again you only have to look at places like ebay to see how many people get suckered when you say somethings haunted or possessed!

I'm a big fan of anything paranormal, but all this guys done is to figure out a way of making money from selling empty bottles to the mentaly challenged!

CX.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Hi Jedimiller, your threads never disappoint ... love it.

You know it sounds very similar to an idea that breezed in ... and just as quickly out of my mind a while back.

My son has a dog who has a real problem with flatulence ... she's a cute little 'Staffy' named Angel (trust me it's the most inappropriate naming I've ever come across).

One day (when I obviously had too much time on my hands), I said to my son ... you could bottle them and sell them on ebay ... I'm sure there would be some out there willing to pay for 'Bottled Angel Farts' and it wouldn't be false adverizing either.

Of course they would have to carry a health warning;

'OPENING THIS BOTTLE MAY CAUSE NAUSEA'.

Maybe I should copyright this just in case someone actually does it and becomes rich on my idea;

('Bottled Angel Farts' copyright 2008) all rights reserved.

Woody

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
How about this guy, he's made a few million already, selling deeds to land on the moon.

www.moonshop.com...

Saw it on science channel or discover, but he said a couple famous people who had bought property on the moon, the only one i remember was John Travolta.

I think it's 100$, (may have been 1,000$) and you get a piece of paper, thats basically worth nothing. Because no one owns the moon. Let alone this ex-nasa guy.

The show was funny, he shows how he picks where your property will be, he closes his eyes, and basically does a pin the tail on the donkey, with a large map of the moon,useing a push-pin. But the guy has made over 2 million, if I remember correctly

I've been trying to think of a gimmik to get rich like this, something simple, like the "pet rock", remember those?

All profit basically except for the box, and the advertising.

Ghost in a bottle, pretty good idea, I'm sure they'll make tons of money.

*back to thinking*

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller

www.local6.com

John Deese said he has ghosts trapped in bottles.

“This was actually the first one that was caught, in Decatur County, Ga., in an old farmhouse,” Desse said, showing off one ghost in a bottle.

While Deese said he contracts with professional ghost catchers around the country and that it’s the ghost catchers who actually stuff the phantasms into a bottle, he wouldn’t elaborate on exactly how the ghosts get into the bottles.

Talk about selling anything for money. The sad fact is that there will be buyers.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
My boyfriend and i once put his "soul" for sale on E-bay. We did nothing more then put a glo-stick in a washed out peanut butter jar, threw in some glitter and voila! Soul in a bottle! If i remember correctly (it's been a few years), we made $75 for like $5 worth of supplies.

I'd like to think that this is probably the same concept.

More power to this guy though. Seriously, if people will buy it, why the hell not?

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Lady Lavish]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Interesting that this thread brings back a comment that a British man made on one of those antique road shows.

He said, if you can not sell it, take to America, Americans will buy anything, I guess we Americans are as gullible as we can be.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

My son has a dog who has a real problem with flatulence ... she's a cute little 'Staffy' named Angel (trust me it's the most inappropriate naming I've ever come across).

One day (when I obviously had too much time on my hands), I said to my son ... you could bottle them and sell them on ebay ... I'm sure there would be some out there willing to pay for 'Bottled Angel Farts' and it wouldn't be false adverizing either.

Oh gosh, you are to late! My son was at the computer one time, as I recall this was in about 2000, and he was laughing hysterically.

I went to see what was up and he showed me where somebody on E-bay was selling farts in a jar. Some guy caught his own in a jar, so dog farts might be new!

There were actually bids on the jars, which surprised me. It was only a couple of bucks, but I suppose the saying "There's a sucker born every minute" applied to this one!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Forget the guy selling the ghost.
What about the ghost feeling. If the ghost is only around to take care of unfinished business why would you be so mean an stop it from moving on to the afterlife.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hey 'EF' typical always too late ... never going to make my first million at this rate.

(DalairTheGreat);
I wouldn't worry too much about the 'bottled ghost' senario ...

1/ I think the guy in question is on a 'wind-up' mission ... he's probably never even encountered a ghost, let alone bottled one !

2/ Ghosts can walk through brick walls ... I don't see a glass bottle holding them.

Woody

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join