It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida man selling ghosts in a bottle!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Deese nuts!

Judging by the bottles in which he's holding the ghosts, I'd say this is a case of alcoholism gone too far.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
this is really disgusting if its true. Sad, these are people who died. Not a fashion show to display for all..................ggr

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Perhaps a test is needed....although Im sure the guy is just a salesman.

Maybe a ghost in a bottle or 4 should be bought, brought home and opened. If anything weird starts happening then you know the guy isn't full of crap......but then I guess you're left with a bunch of ghosts in your place......good for the paranormal photo's of proof.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
i recall a story about the monastaries in china, perhaps tibet, where they housed a great collection of demons imprisoned in these containers, much like john carpenters old movie, the name of which escapes me.

I think you're referring to John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness.

I'd very much like to hear more about these monasteries.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Well, of course my immediate reaction is that is this is insane.

BUT, just hypothetically it could be a interesting discussion.

I never thought much about it, but put these 3 items in a row.

1. crystal skulls as holders of ancient mental power (like in the movie and the real thing)

2. the Big Soul Machine On the Moon BSMOTM form John Lear, which would be made out off glass or cristal. (See trheads on ATS)

3. All the old stories of genies in a bottle.

Maybe we can do a search on the "soulenergy" and "crystal" of "glass containers"

Hypothesis: Could a glass or crystal environment be like a prison (prism!)mirrorhouse for the soul which is in the end "conscious light"?

Come on guys and girls give it your best shot! Knowledge like this could free us for all!

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Pjotr]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
This is genius, it's like the pet rock all over again! He's selling something that most people will buy as a novelty gift for a friend.

I doubt he's a serious conman with this as it seems tongue in cheek.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I believe he can do that..spirits that are turned away at the door of heaven by Christ. They are cast away to forever roam the earth and blow through the trees in the wind.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Thats messed, if you read the testimonials on the site, it says that the people freak out from hearing things and what not bangin around their house after opening the containers.. kinda freaky, reminds me of something that happened to me years ago...

I remember when I was a kid and my grandmother died, our family were sittin around our head table discussing plans for burial and stuff and then 2 of our doors upstairs slammed shut simultaniously, and no there were no windows open or anything, we were pretty freaked out, but its just a spirit showing their still watching over us... well thats all we could muster up, kinda freaky tho...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spock Shock
Thats messed, if you read the testimonials on the site, it says that the people freak out from hearing things and what not bangin around their house after opening the containers.. kinda freaky, reminds me of something that happened to me years ago...

Well if these people buy a bottled ghost thinking it contains a ghost then that's easily explained as psycho-sematic. A double blind trial would be needed, one would be given "real" ghosts in a bottle and the others merely an empty bottle. You would need 4 sets of people, 2 sets of believers and 2 sets of non believers. Then see if you had any reactions from the groups.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
In my opinion, the guy who is selling them is clever for coming up with a good idea to sell. There are 4 main points to this whether you believe it or not;

1) If you don't believe there is a ghost in the bottle but still buy it.. you are very stupid and deserve to lose your money,

2)If you do believe there is a ghost in the bottle and you buy one and think it's in there... money well spent.

3) If you do believe there is a ghost in there, you buy it and then you open it resulting in a loose ghost roaming around your house... it serves you right for buying ill treated ghosts!

4) If you don't believe there is a ghost but you still buy one, open it and then realise that actually.. there was a ghost in there and now your house is haunted... money VERY well spent as you did buy an actual ghost AND you learned a valuable lesson. you are no longer a skeptic

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
In my opinion, the guy who is selling them is clever for coming up with a good idea to sell. There are 4 main points to this whether you believe it or not;

1) If you don't believe there is a ghost in the bottle but still buy it.. you are very stupid and deserve to lose your money,

Well not quite, some people also bought the "pet rock" thing as a joke. It's like people who buy alien abduction insurance for a friends birthday, it's all a joke.

2)If you do believe there is a ghost in the bottle and you buy one and think it's in there... money well spent.

Well again not really, they've been tricked and so well, it's money well conned. Even if ghosts exist i somehow doubt a bit of glass would contain them.

3) If you do believe there is a ghost in there, you buy it and then you open it resulting in a loose ghost roaming around your house... it serves you right for buying ill treated ghosts!

Technically it could be said they're setting th poor enslaved ghost free! It should be grateful and at least offer them some clues to the other side.

4) If you don't believe there is a ghost but you still buy one, open it and then realise that actually.. there was a ghost in there and now your house is haunted... money VERY well spent as you did buy an actual ghost AND you learned a valuable lesson. you are no longer a skeptic

I think this one could be the best possible outcome lol.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This reminds me of one of my favorite clips from Youtube. It's from a group of folks called Waverly Films. They make some funny stuff. This one is called "Wanna Buy A Ghost?"

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Well that ALMOST beats everything. In 2006 I trolled eBay and found someone selling a bent penny, (supposedly) haunted by the man's soul, for $1,000,000. Now its "ghosts in a bottle". Guess I and a friend of mine weren't so crazy after all in the early 60s, when we came up with the idea of selling celebrity farts in bottles.

Wonder how much we could have got for Lassie's wind.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
So basically he captures poor ghosts and sells them for profit (might be your grandma/pa in one of those!). Or he's just smart by selling air.

I do believe one day it will be possible to capture a spirit or soul. But I imagine it to be in some quantum computer kind of device that identifies the captured soul as some particle which science will then try to use as an energy source.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
pictures or it didn't happen

capturing and selling ghosts seems wrong on so many levels

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
i like the man who was selling 50 cigarette lighters for £5..all you got was a box of matches worth 10p....lol

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79
So basically he captures poor ghosts and sells them for profit (might be your grandma/pa in one of those!). Or he's just smart by selling air.

Good point- if I believed this was possible I would be totally PO'ed about it!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by R-evolve
havent you got to have a license to sell spirits

but seriously anyone who buys one deserves to have there money robbed

Could not have said it better.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Couple of points:

1. If this is possible, even hypothetically, wouldn't it be really mean and unethical to keep a ghost caged into a bottle? It would make it impossible for the ghost to move on or ascend...

I agree with this quite strongly - obviously capitalism is now reaching it's fingers into the after-world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join