It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed the the freemasonry symbols in "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen". It has been on quite a bit this weekend. It seems to me, the movie is talking about freemasonry and a one world government. Along with the resistance fighting to stop the Freemasons from taking over the world. In the very first seen when the really ugly scar-face bad guy steps out of the tank. You can see the freemason symbol on his ring.

I am planning on sitting down and watching it all over again. Then writing up a detailed account of the symbols and meaning I took from the film. Is it just me, or is this film promoting that freemasonry and the New World Order is a bad thing?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well i've seen this movie twice, once when it came out on DVD and again on tv just recently and i didn't notice anything, but i certainly wasn't looking for anything in the NWO region. I might have to give it another looksy just so another spin on it could arise

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I've seen it several times, and I didn't see any connection to freemasonry - or the NWO. Of course, while I'm sure you won't believe me, I will once again say that there is no relation between the two.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
what if the particular actor was wearing a freemason ring because, um hes a mason in real life?

just a thought

it could be a coincidence honestly, in this case

i mean cmon, that movie makes no sense lol

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
what if the particular actor was wearing a freemason ring because, um hes a mason in real life?

just a thought
Doesn't happen. Having worked on a few Hollywood sets, I can tell you that no aspect of wardrobe is accidental.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
...except for the guy wearing a wristwatch in "Ben Hur".

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
According to freemasonry.bcy.ca... there are 4 appearances of the Square and Compass in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. They have pictures of them as well. I don't think it was accidentally put in. I wonder if it appears in the original comic book?

***EDIT***

Same website also has pics of the comic. The Square and Compass is on the officer's uniforms in the comic.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by AdamL]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamL

Makes sense. Alan Moore certainly researched Freemasonry to some extent when he wrote From Hell, so it wouldn't surprise me if he used elements in his other comics as well.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamL

Interesting, I never saw those shots - guess thats what happens when you look away for a moment, THATS when they have to show the square and compass

Movies use masonic symbolism occasionally because it still represents something mystical to the average member of the public, and the public loves that sort of thing. I'm doubtful it was done as anything other than a tool used to make the movie seem more interesting. Its the only explanation I can find as to why sub-par movies like "national treasure" end up doing so well. Not solely based on the use of throwing random masonic symbolism/CT in of course, but I think thats a part of it...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

I own the movie and never noticed it. Only reason I knew was because I remember seeing it a few months ago while researching Freemasonry. Bottom line is it's just a comic and a movie and I personally wouldn't read into it very much.

I'm just glad I could actually contribute some info to a topic. You guys are hard to keep pace with.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamL
According to freemasonry.bcy.ca... there are 4 appearances of the Square and Compass in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. They have pictures of them as well. I don't think it was accidentally put in. I wonder if it appears in the original comic book?

***EDIT***

Same website also has pics of the comic. The Square and Compass is on the officer's uniforms in the comic.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by AdamL]

Thanks for the reference. I checked it out and bookmarked it. I didn't notice it until yesterday when I saw it on the television.

top topics

join