It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your experience with a shadow person

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

OK, now I'm going to have to read up on this phenomena. I've never seen one with any visible eyes whatsoever. I've seen ones that were about the same size as a person (actually it was one of these that tormented my wife), but generally speaking the ones I have always seemed to attract have always been about the size of a large housecat. For the longest time I would actually think I was seeing one of my family cats out of the corner of my eye coming towards me and then wonder where it went a few seconds later when I'd turn to look at it. The only one I've seen in our house since we moved to Washington is very timid and only about the size of a small cat. It occassionally makes an appearance at the bottom of the stairs, but I don't believe I've ever seen it actually come out into the livingroom.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

It was the first one I ever encountered and made me quite prejudiced against them. It was the only one with the red eyes, too. They are just two red glowy spots where eyes should be on a person, not eyes like ours with whites and irises and pupils.

The others I have seen didn't have eyes and just seemed to be going somewhere. My daughter saw one about a year ago. She didnt seem very scared.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

If they WERE harmless, there would be no conditional. It wouldn't matter what one thought of them- fear or anger, or amusement, or anything. If they were harmless, they would harm no one. NO one. Ever. And it is hogwash that you would "amuse" yourself with them, playing, and letting them stay like that. If they were okay, there would never, never be such a thing as a shadow attack, regardless of the human's emotions.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

Just to be clear on something, I've never invited anything to visit me. I'd run barefoot through broken glass before I'd ever touch a ouija board or attend a seance or anything like that. I don't "play" around with that kind of crap. By the same token, I'm pretty well rooted in my Christian faith. Things like ghosts, shadow people, hell, even demons do not frighten me because I am protected. It just so happens that for some reason I see, for lack of a better term, "things" which "normal" people tend not to see.

When I say I've amused myself with them playing peek-a-boo please don't get the idea of a man covering his eyes with his hands, then bursting forward shouting "peek-a-boo!" and giggling like a schoolgirl, because that's not at all what I meant. I have sat on my couch in my old apartment in Tucson, AZ and watched out of the corner of my eye something pitch black and about the size of a Nerf football and maybe 6 inches off the ground poke it's head out of one of the 4 doorways down my hall. After multiple nights of this, I got a little bit sick and tired of it so I took to loudly saying "I see you!' "Hey!" or "There you are!" at it, only to watch it dart back away out of sight.

The incident with my then girlfriend, now wife involved something much different which I'm still not entirely sure was a shadow being. It was human sized, and according to her on at least 2 occassions when she woke up in the middle of the night, it had a face... something which is not indicitive of shadow creatures. My only interaction with that particular whatever it was involved fleeting glimpses of it also down the hall, but it absolutely ignored me.

If you want the entire backstory, maybe it will help you understand. The dangerous being was completely independent of the smaller catlike entity. The catlike shadow never bothered anyone in any way shape or form and, actually, acted very much like a domestic cat that was shy. Every now and then I (and on two occassions someone else) would actually see it running playfully between doorways in the hall. I actually mistook it for our cat numerous times, only to realize the cat was sound asleep on the couch or under the diningroom table. This other thing was very different, on the few times I saw it it was more of a brooding, lurking presence in a dark corner. When my wife and I found out we were expecting our first child, I decided to move us away from not just that apartment but clear across the country and that did have some impact on my decision. I did not want to have my child in that apartment. We constantly heard footsteps, doors would slamm every now and then, my wife flat refused to use the shower unless I was home because she swore as soon as she got in it she felt like she was being watched and twice that she told me about she believes she saw someone through the shower curtain and the open bathroom door, she was shoved in the back on the stairs, the already mentioned middle of the night incidents where she woke up, saw someone in the bedroom, and freaked out, the contents of our kitchen drawers turned upside down without waking us up at night, etc.

About a month before we moved, I found out something from our neighbor who had lived there for 15+ years. 7 or 8 years beforehand there had been an Asian family living there. A couple teenagers and the parents. One night the oldest kid shot himself in the office/second bedroom right across the hallway from our master bedroom. He somehow shot himself while laying in bed and the bullet went straight down and through the floor. That night I crawled around on my hands and knees and verified that there was a hole of some sort under the carpet right in the middle of the room and about 2 feet out from the wall. I have no idea if this was a true story as I never found anything to confirm it in the online paper records. She (the neighbor) also asked me if we'd had our kitchen drawers messed with, asked about feeling something in the place, basically she went right down the list of everything we'd experienced. There had been several tenants living there between the Asian family and us and she had been friends with a couple of them... her friends had moved because of all this happening to them.

That is one of the only times in my life when I've ever felt scared about the paranormal. When we packed to move, among the last things to be packed were the numerous crucifixes from my wife's collection (she's a cradle Roman Catholic) because I wanted them to stay up until we were no longer staying there.

Like I said, I'm not even sure this was a shadow being. From what I have read and what I know, the shadow people aren't usually associated with actual residual spirits of humans, but are rather something else entirely. So in my experience (I stress that this is in MY experience) I cannot say I've ever encountered what I knew was a shadow creature which was also dangerous.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Huh. Okay, well, this does mean something: That i may have jumped to the conclusion in my first reply to your post. I must thank you though, for that clarification. Your experience-and hers- they are very interesting. I would have to try excusing my conclusion-jumping by stating that i do that about these things for two reasons:
~I am unendingly biased against the shadows and other demons. Basically, i hate their guts. (...which they technically don't have.) But i don't get along well with them.
~I don't mean to be rude, but there ARE people "out there"-meaning "in here" who actually would play with shadows. There are those who mess around with them, and do let them into their lives on purpose. Why, i do not know, nor would i ever understand.
Anyway: you read right, that they aren't thought to be linked to humans-other than liking to make and take fear from humans. (Though there is a theory out there that psis turn into these when they die, i not only doubt that, but seriously hope not. Why? Because there are a lot of psis out there!~) There are limited theories out there for what they are, which i find frustrating. (I tend to have my own, though...)
But (anyway) the face you saw, was it a humannish face- with the curvation of a face, but without openings for the mouth, without a clearly defined nose, without eyes, and without external ears? If this is it, it was a shadow still.
The cat- this is also important. I have a friend who saw something similar, and got spooked, a bunch by it. It could be just a less common form of them, the more common forms being full-body (fedora/faceless/hooded/red eyed being full body variations~), short bodied, shadow smog, and the spider. I have read numerous accounts of that form. It almost makes me think of those little spider vermin (enemies) from Kirby 64, the way people describe them... In that case, it could be a shadow changing to that shape because the person in question has a fear of spiders.

Oh, Raven Bombshell: I can understand what you mean, by the hate for shadows, but the curiousity. It is one of the truths i search for, to know about them, for some reason- but i still really don't like them. Usually there's a better reason- rather than anger- to seek truth about one of these paranormal things.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
How can you not be curious, even obsessed, with something that is right there in front of you that should not be? I dont know if I mentioned, but the red-eyed shadow person appeared in the afternoon- in broad daylight. Now, just about everything else can be passed off as imagination or misunderstanding..."oh, that was the wind, a squeaky floorboard, the house settling, the heating system, an owl..." But when you see a 6 foot- something red-eyed thing made out of black vapor/ nothingtness standing in your kitchen at 3 pM and you havent been toking you cant just dismiss it. You never forget that.

For the record- only once -I didnt inhale- and it was months before this ever happened

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

Hmm. I don't know. I guess you'd either have to get curious (and a bit hateful of them,) or paranoid and religious against them.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

She said it looked like an old woman's face. When she woke up she saw it crouched down at the foot of the bed, it stood immediately up and looked at her at which time she completely freaked out and started screaming. I had never heard a scream like that. Aside from flying I don't rattle easily and yet when I woke up I felt like I had just mainlined pure adrenalin into my veins, her shreik was so different. Our closet doors were mirrored and were at the foot of bed side of the the room. I tried every way I could think of to figure out if she'd just woken up partially, sat up a little in bed, and caught her own reflection in the mirror, spooking herself. The problem with that was the closet door on her side of the bed wasn't tracked right and sat with a slight upward skew, but enough so that she'd have had to be actually sitting straight up in bed before she could have seen her own face in the mirror. Since she said she saw the figure and face while she was mostly lying flat in bed and then watched it stand up and look at her, then sat bolt upright... I dunno.

The simple answer to your question is that I do not know if it had a well defined face as I didn't ever see it in that way. Like I said earlier, I've never seen one with the glowing eyes, either. I'm not going to ask my wife because I honestly hope she's completely put it behind her. Maybe it's because of her Catholic upbringing vs my Charismatic Protestant roots, but she's a lot more disturbed by anything of this nature whereas I'm more fascinated and wreckless about it.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
burdman your starting to be a tiny bit repeitive and the things you say are getting less and less beliveable each time..... i do not appriciate what ive said to be called "hogwash" as you call it when you are spouting things that make less sence than you think mine do... so please if u have nothing to tell please leave the thread ask away my friends since u all kept this thread alive im in a good mood!!!!!! so ask your questions ill be checking daily

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Grim Shroud]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Grimm,

THanks for this thread. I've described my shadow person experience on other ATS threads, but it usually got blown off. not sure if people thought it was too out there or what. everybodys description has always been quick moving shadows. but I'm like you I have seen one before and it was aware of me. It didn't move fast but slowly and purposefully.

Every time I tell this story it's exactly the same never changes and I've told it a few times here already. but here goes again. please give me your input.

I live in Los Angeles. When I was about 13 I was by myself around 8-9PM in my backyard. My back yard had a pool and I was on the far end of it. the back yard had one flood light on that arced across the pool but also reasonably light the rest of the back yard.

I was looking up at the stars and had a weird feeling like I was being watched. Suddenly the sky went almost like a negative image for a second. Not more than one. and then my attention was drawn to the painted cinderblock wall that divided my house from my neighbors.

Out of this wall (it was on the left side of the property looking back towards the house from the pool right near my parents bedroom. ) a black blob oozed out of it like it was passing right through it. IT then mainifested it's self as a person crouched down like it's arms were wrapped around it's knees.

It then stood up. It was a shape of a man. muscular about 6 feet. it had the shape of a man like he was in a black full body suit but appeared to not have any lines that would be clothing. just the shape of a man. It appeared 2d but I could tell that it was 3d because when it moved I could make out it's dimensions and shape. but it appeared 2d because it was the most pitch black color I'd ever seen like space black. It looked like it absorbed every color. it had no light reflecting off of it in any way.

So the thing stood up and took a few seemingly confident and deliberate steps towards the house. Like it was crossing the cement patio from left to right in front of the parents bedroom. It seemed to make firm contact with the ground. it wasn't hovering or anything. Seemed to be walking directly on the ground, but it made absolutely no noise.

For the first half second it was walking It seemed unaware of me. then it slowly but calmly turned it's head towards me and looked right at me. it had no eyes or facial features. it was just a solid dark dark black shape of a man but there was no mistaking that it was looking at me. a curious indifferent look and not at all threatening. it took maybe a total of 2-3 steps looking at me while walking sideways. sorta like the bigfoot footage from that creek where it looks right at the camera while taking a few steps. IT paused still looking at me and the calmly turned and walked back towards the wall it came out of and crouched down and walked right back into the wall and disappeared. I never saw it again. But I always felt like something was in the back yard even as a young adult.

I can say that strangely I felt no fear. I felt like I was in no danger. it didn't do anything threatening, and weirdly I didn't feel like mentioning it to my family. Not sure why. it was more like a curious experience than a frightening one.

Thats my shadow person story.

I grew up in two houses as a kid. this one was my moms house. parents were devorced. SHe lived in a fancy area called toluca lake. My dads house was an old spanish style 3 stroried house up off of mulholland on a street called Outpost. Corner of outpost and castilian. THat house was certified haunted by non malevolent poltergeist. There I saw shadows but it was more like a dark part of a room was darker than it's surrounding shadows. those Shadow people (?) seemed to stay in the shadows had no diffinative shape and seemed more like they were watching you or following you around. those shadows whatever they were cause they didn't look like people or anything really were always with Ice cold spots at the same time. I think these shadows were probably ghosts.

Any thoughts input. what the hell did I witness as a 13 year old at my moms?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Grim Shroud

*Deleted because it isn't worth getting a warning over*

Tell yourself whatever you want, dude. You apparently are all knowing and all seeing, so whatever.

*This was not originally a one line post, nor is it after an edit*

[edit on 13-7-2008 by burdman30ott6]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hey burrdman,

Any input on what happened to me from my post. the onedirectly above your last post. nobody ever gets back to me about this one story. begging to feel a little neglected like the one lonely kid on the play ground. What about what I wrote.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Sure man, wasn't intentionally ignoring you at all.

When I read your account, I don't think shadow person. I keep getting drawn to the idea of a "dimensional being" for some reason. Like something shifting from it's dimension into our dimension. Particularly if it went back to the exact same spot on the wall and returned into the wall the same as it appeared, just in reverse. I'd say that'd an indication of a portal. The negative sky phenomenon you saw might have been the gate opening, kind of a quick energy arc that was the act of physically punching through into our dimension.

Do a google for interdimensional beings or extradimensional beings and find some personal accounts of what people have seen to see if you can find something similar. Like I said, I don't think it's a shadow person you saw, but I'm a traveler, a layman, and an observer, not an "expert" so I'm sure someone will say I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Bassplyr,

My shadowman experience was similar to yours. If you go back a few pages, you can read my account. I didn't see him crouch down though. I never felt any fear when I saw him.

But.....................it never fails, every time I am out in the yard at the very end of our acre ( trying to get my dog in) at night, I get freaked out. Now keep in mind, it is very dark outside, and with the lights on inside, I keep thinking I am going to look up from way back in the yard and see the shadowman walking through my house towards my kids' rooms. That scares the heck out of me!

He didn't scare me at the time, but the thought of seeing him again scares the crap out of me.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
thanks for replying to my plea.

You know when I saw the entity in my back yard I instinctively felt like it was some being crossing into our reality. so interdimensional might be exactly what it was. the hardest part was admitting the whole sky appearing to be a negative image for a split second. I was afraid people would think that was way out there or the result of some hallucinagen. but it was real and not at all like anything a hallucinagen would have caused. totally different type of experience...not that I would know. the feeling of being watched was conjoined by a sensation now that i think of it like goose bumps or my hairs standing on end. Maybe that was a static charge or energy fields that i was immersed in while conditions allowed the being to manifest.

I am going to go back and reread your posts. I feel like we may have very well shared the same experience or phenomenon and I could probably learn a few things or get some answers to the puzzle by reading about your experiences.

I too felt no fear. I don't think the entity was afraid either. it did seem almost bewieldered or curious when it saw me. It looked right at me and sorta when it got to the end of where it walked to just as it was about to turn around it did pause stand up straight while looking at me. it's body seemed to relax and it's head cocked a little to the side like a normal person when it is witnessing something odd. maybe the experience was as strange to him as it was to me. like two strangers thrown into a weird wacky situation or something.

It's weird I suspect that your experiences are similar to mind in the fact that you can recall every single second of the experience as if it happened only a moment ago.

edited for my really awful spelling

[edit on 14-7-2008 by BASSPLYR]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
blass interesting story thanks for shareing it with us if you have any more questions to ask ill be happy to answer them for you =) have a nice day

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
yeah what do you think this entity was that i saw.
how do you think it arrived in my local environment or dimension,
how come I have never seen it since not even gotten anything similar.

FYI the house was demolished and a new one put in it's place. the property was bought by some chick from the High School Musical show. The brunette. Maybe she's seeing weird things, although the house never had any negative things or feelings in it, heck even my friends dad used to grow up in the same house. he never mentioned seeing anything. It was a weird stand alone event.

Wouldn't mind it happening again, unless in your opinion it is a blessing that it only happened once to me and didn't get worse.

My dads house up off of mulholland was a different story. That house was seriously paranormal.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
i'm well aware of shadow creatures and to be honest not all of them are bad i mean i have 4 in my house as we speak but i know i will come to no harm while they are around as they are portecting me but from what i do not know if u could enlighten me that would help

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
at night i would be watching t.v. and out of the corner of my eye i see a dark figure move across my hall but theres nothing there

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I tend to have a general distrust of them. My first experience, already described in this thread, is the reason why. I have witnessed the "passing through" variety that dont seem very scary, as well. I mean, maybe it is like regular people- there are good ones and bad ones. If they are interdimensional travellers it is likely that some just pop through in our dimension briefly, nothing more, and are not out to get us. Its the other buggers that get my hackles up.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join