It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your experience with a shadow person

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
seeing a shadow person is the only actual paranormal experince I have ever had I wa about 8 or 9 and on holiday with my family and one night we stayed at a motel by a railway and during the night I woke up and saw a shadow of a young male being caused by a light on the wall but there was no reason for it and the rest of my family was asleep because I started to call out to them lightly I got freaked and went to sleep on the couch in the other room

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xangi
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Ok, 2 things.
#1: 666 is NOT a "demonic" sign. It is actually a Christian superstition. Sometime near 2000bc there was some anti-christian guy who lived at a house numbered 666 and to "inform" people of this, some other guy said "the devil lives at 666". That's how THAT started.
#2: That guy said exactly what I would have to try to get you to forget that situation.

EDIT: I meant to write 2000 years ago

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I've seen a Shadowman at my house. Mine was wearing a long suit jacket. There was a stream of light coming from under the bathroom door, but otherwise the room was dark. He was blacker than black, and in the perfect form of a man as I saw him both times as a side view. He wore a hat, but it was more a fedora type hat. I could not see his legs because he was walking behind the bed, but his silouette was as crisp and clear as can be. When he walked in front of the mirror, I could see his image in the mirror also. He never looked at me, but continued his slow paced walk until he walked right through the wall. The second time I saw him it was daylight. A family member saw him a week or so later.
This shadowman definitely looked 3-d,--his outline was crisp, clear, and well defined, but the man himself was void of any features. Kinda reminds me of those black cut out silouettes people put in their yards except in 3-d.

Ps. Also wanted to add that the shadowman I saw did not walk along a wall, like a real shadow would be seen.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by virraszto]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xangi
reply to post by raven bombshell

#1: They attack people because those people are or have the potential to be useful or threatening to them.
#2: I have no idea. The only plausible reason would be that Native American Spirituality seems to make an individual more aware of natural things occurring around them. That's about it.

Thanks, Xangi,
Do you know why or how someone could be a threat or useful?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I've had a experience with one about 5 years ago. I was in my Aunt's backyard at about 12:00 AM and it was a clear night with a full moon. I was playing with my cousins when I had a feeling that something was looking at me. I turned around and saw a dark figure with red eye's on a roof of a house right next to my aunt's. At first I thought it was my imagination. But then my dad also saw it. I got scared as hell and ran inside. And then for some odd reason my cousin's Sega DreamCast turns on with that Zombie Game (Not Resident Evil) And I heard moaning and I literally crapped my pants. I ran back outside and noticed the figure staring at me was gone. So about 4 hours went by and we went back inside for some coffee/tea and when I was going to get some tea I noticed that figure reappeared, This time he was standing in the shower. I just froze there for nearly a minute. I didnt know whether to run or scream. I didnt even sleep that night. Later on I figured out the house was haunted by a spirit that was released when my cosuin used a Oiuja Board or whatever its called. But since then I havent came in contact with one since. But I did have a few ghost encounters.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well it look like this thread is dead now well w/e..... if anyone has any more posts then go ahead

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well it look like this thread is dead now well w/e..... if anyone has any more posts then go ahead

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I didn't read all the previous responses (sorry) but there have been several times after investigations that I have brought "something" home. Usually it happens when I'm on the couch watching tv...I will see a black shadow in the dining room woosh by real fast. It's startling. Only tends to stay around for a few days and then is gone; actually I am not doing anymore investigations because of this very reason...I like living by myself and don't wish for any "houseguests".

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by notcrazyinaustin
there have been several times after investigations that I have brought "something" home. I will see a black shadow in the dining room

Perhaps its not that the entity reappears in your house, but that you are able to see it after you go ghost hunting. Maybe you turn on your perseptive powers and then you are a bit sensitive for a few days.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Perhaps its not that the entity reappears in your house, but that you are able to see it after you go ghost hunting. Maybe you turn on your perseptive powers and then you are a bit sensitive for a few days.

That's a good point....have never thought of that. That would be wonderful if that were the case. Maybe it is.....

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xangi

Do you have any evidence for this ever-increasing collection of assertions? Or are they as baseless as they appear?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
An article on sleep paralysis ought to be stickied in this forum. Not to be rude to the members who are having experiences, but if it matches the symptoms of sleep paralysis then it might put their fears to rest and that's whats important.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

My experiences with the shadowman can not be connected to sleep paralysis.

The first time, I was standing at the patio door, waiting for my dogs to finish their outside business, so I could let them in.

The second time I saw the shadowman, in my yard, in broad daylight, I was talking on the phone, while looking out the window. There's no way in the world I was sleeping.

The third time, it was my daughter who saw it, and she was wide awake, too.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have no story to add but a few questions. I have seen shadows in my periphery but nothing I couldn't dismiss.
If these shadow people are non-sentient and observe/use/eliminate people are they supposed to be like some form of predatory trans-dimensional "animal" (for lack of a better word)?
I'm imagining a humanoid shaped critter that acts somewhat like a panther.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
ok shadow personne thing well this is what i can say

My first encounter with a shadow thing is when i was going to the park and there was a black frog on the side of the road then i looked at it again it jumped into the air and disentagrated into dust ...weird? yea

Also i saw a ringrath like creature mad from a shadow is that what your talking about...i have had many encounters with it

i know it is around because the hairs on the back of my neck prickel, i get the fealing someone is waching me...ect

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
sorry i ment ringwraith not ringrath

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have read about different types of shadows/ shadow people. I'd like to find out the differences in the types of them.

1. Shadow beings wearing long jackets with hats in the form of a person ( no discernable eyes.) Not threatening.

2. Shadow beings wearing long jackets with hats in the form of a person that have red glowing eyes. Very threatening.

3. Shadow blobs--dark shadows that stay low to the ground that are quick and you can see them out of the corner of your eye.

4. Black shadowlike smoke that appears and moves/floats around.

Does anyone know of any more types? For those that have seen them, how did they make you feel? How many of you who have seen shadow people, where the shadow is on the wall? Or the shadow is 3-D?

I'm just curious. I'm really interested in these shadow beings.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hello all,

Just had to reply to this thread with my own experiance. When I was younger about 19/20 I was staying with a freind and his dad. My freind lived in the basement of a townhouse in the north end of my city. A quiet unasumming place.

I had recently been kicked out of my parents and they were nice enough to take me in. All was well for about 3 nights, then on the fourth I was asleep. When suddenly I had this overwhealming feeling of dread. I woke up immediatly. And man I wish I had not.

Comeing toward me arms outstreached were a group of shadow people, about 8-10 of them. No red eyes or clothing, just tall 6-7ft black as night humanoid shadows. All advanceing toward me with there arms outstretched toward me. I could just make them out as there was a light on behind his door and there was light streaming thru the cracks.

I made sure I was awake and not dreaming, and tried to keep from freaking out to badly. But when I realized I was actually 100% awake and this was real. I screamed like a little girl.

My screaming woke up my freind who turned on a light, as he did so they just vanished. After calming down a bit, I explained to him what had happened.

What he said shocked me even more. He told me this was nothing new and they meant no harm and to go back to sleep, they just liked to scare the heck outta ya.

He then proceeded to roll over and go back to sleep. I decided to sleep upstairs on the couch from there on in.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I think Raven had a question that was ignored again. Is this on purpose because you don't know? I find it hard to believe that the two people that, supposedly, know the most about shadow people on ATS can't answer a simple of in what circumstances can someone be a threat or useful, or what accomlishments these beings want done. I've heard a couple "I don't know" answers from you two. I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm just saying you arn't being too informative.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

Sorry people, virus trouble.
People are deemed useful based on physical and psionic ability.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join