It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexiest Accent in the World?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

those of places like Boston and Louisiana for example,

Dammit! I guess I'm out.

I just have a regular American accent, so I don't guess too many chicks around the world would dig that, unfortunately.

And another thing, Louisiana I agree is a cool, laid back accent, but Boston? Boston accents sound like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Well, to each his/her own I guess.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
When i was younger I used to like Irish accent. But i think the sexiest is Amerian.. only problem is, The US have So many different accents that i don't know which one!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LI(f)E.

Yes, we do have several different accents here. I wish I could help you out, but I would have no idea how.

Any celebrities you can think of with it?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I have to say personally i like a french, Italian, or spanish accent myself but i think the accents that really sound more like nails on a chalkboard to me are the New York City area and Staten island accents

oh and personally, I have a slight Texas accent

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Secret Shadow]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I am more of a tone and pitch person myself. If someone with a nice voice in any accent is speaking it is pleasant.

For example, the video posted above had the same woman with a nice speaking voice doing many accents. After each example I said to myself that I liked that particular accent. I liked her voice so I liked it in all of the accents.

I cannot decide which I prefer because any can be sexy to me as well as any can be a turn-off.

We should have a controlled experiment. A BTS University Study on how accents effect whom that we are attracted.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I'm a Kiwi, sexiest for me for a female are :

1) Aussie

2) French

They are the two main one's that do it for me

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I heard that the Aussie Accent is the ONLY accent that cannot be 'acted' must admit when i hear american actors in aussie movies trying to sound aussie you can REALLY tell! LOL...

But I like Antonio Banderes accent... so whereever he is from.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Women with french accents are not bad at all

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
1. Aussie

2. British

3. In the US I would have to go with my Cali guys!

I cant pick a fave!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

A Big Nice to meet you from this Aussie!

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by LI(f)E.

Yes, we do have several different accents here. I wish I could help you out, but I would have no idea how.

Any celebrities you can think of with it?

Nah can't think of any. I don't notice American accents in movies so much. More when i talk to people on the phone/mic.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It's hard to decide, I like them all. Personal faves though would have to be English, Scottish, German, and Southern US.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LI(f)E.

Hi gremlin, nice to meet you too, and I have a southern accent lol, not too fond of it either!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Southern accents for sure, and my hunny has a gorgeous mid Atlantic mix of Southern and Irish...quite lovely!

And Jamaican....I cannot resist it...*sigh!*

and for a Scottish accent, try my signature....*grin!*

Cait

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The sexiest accent in the world is that of silence and a beautiful smile.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

Oh no Southern!!

What kind of Aussie accent do you like? People always say aussie, but we also have different accents in different states.
But i would say the main 2 are suburban accent and country/Bogan full on Aussie accents!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

What is an American accent? In America there is so many different accent accross the states. I like a Jersey girl accent! Shwing!!!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well... i'm an Aussie so i am going to have to say that according to this thread... i win lol. I assume i have an accent, most of my american friends say i have a pretty strong accent... meh who knows lol... maybe one day i should do a podcast and get some opinions on that lol.

I will have to add my 2 cents as i think the Brits have an awesome accent.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
As far as I am concerned the sexiest accent always belongs to the woman who is says "Yes" when I ask her out on a date! I guess I'm just flexible that way!

Oh, and having lived in many areas of the US, I would have to say that a woman with a cultured southern accent is always nice.

[edit on 7/4/08 by Hefficide]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
For me it's Scottish then Aussie then Irish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join