It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharon Stone:China earthquake is karma

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Maybe it is time she should take her underwear off and just does what she does best?

Stupid woman. It isn't karma. It is a natural culmination of energy.

No judgement in that... the people of the province didn't do anything...

silly silly woman and all she does is continue manifesting negative energy/tension.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zhangxi0183

To be quite frank, I think she is voicing what many people seem to be thinking to themselves, regardless of the terminology...

I am not a great fan of the "karma" concept - or maybe just not in the way that the "New Age" is selling it - but I have little doubt that the Chinese brought this on themselves by disregarding nature and its LAWS.

They chose to forget the wisdom of their ancestors and scoff at nature, scoff at living beings - at LIFE itself - by razing entire landscapes and ruthlessly (not to mention foolishly) destroying natural habitats.

Will they learn now?
Who knows.

Unfortunately, it's too late for all the life that's already been annihilated, for all the landscapes that have been irretrievably destroyed.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
her heart is so cold. chinese people are humen being too, i can't imagine a woman can say such horrible words ,when humen being face such large disaster.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

People just haven't realized that the epicentre is in Aba Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture and slightly more than half of the population in Aba are Tibetans!!! Both Tibetans and Chinese have died and are suffering there!! I feel that some people, just like Stone, are not really concerned about Tibetan's wellbeing but just stand by snickering, see people dying and jump upon another chance to shame China.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I`m from sichuan china.

My hometown was ruined in this disaster,more than 60,000 innocent people died.Plenty of children were orphaned.

Miss stone?
Do you have even a little conscience?
You keep talking about love.
You never understand love!
# you,bitch,i`m crying,
Karma?
What son of bitch Buddha can boil this tragedy down to karma?

I saw ur movie,trust me,nobody will carry on watching ur movie in china...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Actor / Actress should not speak without script.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mlmijyd

No matter what, when there're so many people died due to a disaster, she shouldn't give sarcastic comments. That's the minimum level of respect to the victims.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

It doesn't matter who were the victims (and it goes without saying that it is regrettable in any case); besides, the Chinese I've heard - not very many, true - refer to the Tibetans as "Chinese", so it doesn't really matter, from such a point of view.

What you said illustrates the point I was trying to make (with little success, I think): the damage inflicted on natural habitats by the Chinese, unprecedented in scale, knows no boundaries.

Specifically, I was thinking of what is - rightfully - called a "contentious belief", namely:

“The Three Gorges Dam caused the Sichuan earthquake.” The increased load on one of the tectonic plates associated with the 2008 Sichuan earthquake in May 2008 did bear the increased load of the dam's earthworks, structure, and the filling reservoir of water. Other reservoir filling has been noted to cause induced seismicity but a direct correlation to activity of such magnitude as a 7.8 quake has not been previously recorded. While the dam may be a small contributing factor to the seismic activity, experts had agreed earlier in the decade that a significant earthquake would occur in the region in the near future, see: Signs and Predictions of 2008 Sichuan earthquake. As a worst case scenario the seismic activity was hurried along or strengthened; the dam is not the sole source of the 2008 earthquake.

Taken from here.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Natural disaster and politics shall never be compared.

Yes, freedom of speech is allowed in the state. But has she consider the impact of her words on whoever were effected by the earthquake??

What a damage she did to ALL Americans.

She needs to learn more from her friend... the Dalai Lama

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

She has the right to say whatever she wants (including dumb and inconsiderate words), it's called freedom of speech.

In the video the interviewer seems rather fixated on what Sharon Stone said...
My advice for the chinese people is, don't, it's stupid.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Do you know that there are also many many Tibetan people living in Si Chuan and also died in this disaster?
I think she made her point pretty clear in this speech, she did not change her mind because of the sympathy for the loss of lives, but simply because the "Tibetan organization" had touched her, so she decided to do sth good to the "bad" people ——obviously she still believes that is a Karma. What Ms Stone had learnt from "her good friend" was simply this——we should all become ''Saint" , and that's easy as long as you ACT like one——whether we feel truly sorry for the victims from the bottom of our hearts wouldn't matter at all!
We really haven't expect anything wise and reasonable from you, Ms Stone, but to be honest, it hurt so bad when I saw some human being standing there, talking like he/she knew everything, without realizing he/she actually has a brain.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

She has the right to say whatever she wants (including dumb and inconsiderate words), it's called freedom of speech.

In the video the interviewer seems rather fixated on what Sharon Stone said...
My advice for the chinese people is, don't, it's stupid.

well, your word tells the exact truth of what american means about "freedom of speech". cuz you know, Our version of freedom is depending on "no harm to others".

anyway, you words give us the american version, that's help a lot. thanks

[edit on 26-5-2008 by zhangxi0183]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Yes, although freedom of speech opens flood gates for idiots and jerks to open their big mouths, I have great respect to countries that have such value among other things.

And definitely much less respect to countries that have none. Such country, in my opinion, spiritually, is kinda pathetic.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I will never watch a movie with this sick woman in it. She urgently needs an official evaluation of her sick mind before she starts to DO sick thing to hurt people rather than only talk about it. Federal agents have every reason to watch her closely.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

Yes, although freedom of speech opens flood gates for idiots and jerks to open their big mouths, I have great respect to countries that have such value among other things.

And definitely much less respect to countries that have none. Such country, in my opinion, spiritually, is kinda pathetic.

although i would very like to tell you what's is really going on on this planet. and how ridiculous and funny your school your media tell you about the rest of world.

but sometimes i just think. let it be. this people's ignorance is just becoming my fortune.

plz forgive my selfish

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Time has already told me zhangxi, the story of the east and the west. And I have passed my judgment.

I won't discuss this any further, it'll derail the thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join