It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re-Examining Travis Walton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

The convolution surrounding Walton’s odd disappearance has for decades stirred speculation over what may actually have happened during the time he was missing. Is there any possibility that Walton indeed had a close encounter, but instead of with an alien technology, perhaps some kind of naturally occurring earthbound phenomena?

When Ball Lightning Strikes: New Perspectives on the Abduction of Travis Walton

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

if the ball lightening theory in this case was the cause ...then Travis Walton surely is a loony toon...but when you listen to him speak about it 30 years later he still seems sincere about his story ?

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - The Travis Walton Case Pt.1

well i found this and it is a 20/20 show they did on this case and they entertained the ball lightning idea... the audio gets screwed up towards the end but it does coincide with your article if you ask me.

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - Travis Walton UFO Abduction in 1979 20/20 Segment

do i believe his story ? i do believe him because i had a close encounter of the second kind myself and it was not ball lightning...

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

The convolution surrounding Walton’s odd disappearance has for decades stirred speculation over what may actually have happened during the time he was missing. Is there any possibility that Walton indeed had a close encounter, but instead of with an alien technology, perhaps some kind of naturally occurring earthbound phenomena?

When Ball Lightning Strikes: New Perspectives on the Abduction of Travis Walton

I've met Travis and put questions to him. I believe that he believes his experiences to be real. I believe he is genuine and did not make any of it up. What possible motive would anyone have to do so? Sure he got fame, but is he happy with it - NO! Sure he got some money, but he will tell you that the experience cost him and lost him much more money than he made from his case.

Even more disturbing is the film made 'about' the case. When I asked him about the 'fear' spin put on the experience at the end, and whether that accurately reflected his feelings of what to conclude from it all - he is emphatic that it is not accurate. In fact, he told me he has always been baffled at the motives from the film people who WANTED to put this 'fear spin' in the movie, regardless of whether it was true or not.

Duncan

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This abduction is very similar to the Billy Booth abduction in The Alagash in Northern Maine. Just about the same time Travis in '75 and Booth in '76.

[edit on 5/24/2008 by ZindoDoone]

[edit on 5/24/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
When the film 'Fire in the Sky' was released based on this abduction I went to a BUFORA meeting in London to see Travis Walton as he was promoting the film in the UK. One of the many things that I find interesting about this case is that he witnessed two distinct types of entity whilst allegedly on board the UFO. The first type which he originally saw when he first regained consciousness was close to the Gray type being, and after he panicked and ran around the corridor and into another room... he then was approached by the human looking being. He later saw the tall blonde blue eyed type beings in a hanger along with craft and they placed a mask over his face, and he lost consciousness again later waking by a road side if I remember correctly.

It is one one a select few cases where these two types of beings have been seen together, and has given rise two all types of theories such as that the Gray entities are able to psychically appear as human, and another that some of the human entities are prisoners of the Gray beings, and even that the 'Nordic' type beings have created the Gray being as some kind of biological robot to serve them. I find it hard to believe that if this case were faked that Travis Walton would complicate matters by introducing these two types together, it wold be much easier to make reference to one type. I have always found it interesting, and as for ball lightning I personally think that is not the case at all. I have had an encounter in the flesh with one of the human 'Nordic' type of beings, and seen craft which appeared to be inter-dimensional... so as far as I am concerned it more far more unlikely to be caused by ball lightning, than an actual experience with beings from elsewhere.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
This is very interesting to read after all these years that another entity was involved. This puts even more mystery into who they are, why they are here and who they have an alliance with.

So are we saying the end scene was made up? I do remember the film saying at the time it was not an actual re make of what happened to him, as he was so full of fear he could not remember.

good thread

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Film was really nothing like the account given by Travis Walton, the actual description of the craft he saw was completely different in the film, along with the portrayal of the aliens, and he did not see the suits as depicted in the film. I would say that it was 99% dramatized by Hollywood screenwriters, and I was very disappointed by the film... the original account would have been much more interesting and dramatic in my opinion. I remember seeing years ago I believe on Arthur C Clarkes Mysterious World, an artists interpretation of the story which was very impressive... I can still see the images in my mind.

I recall clearly the images of the beings on the craft after he woke on the table, I think there were two beings and they had large eyes with irises (not black), there looked like pheotuses, bald heads... he went into a blind panic and ran hysterically through a door into a corridor which was circular... came to another door, and room. Inside if memory serves me correctly, he saw a seat and a screen and sat down in it, and was somehow able to move the craft as the star positions moved... then a human looking entity appeared and thought at first that he was another human and approached him. The artwork was striking, he went into some kind of hanger where several of these human looking beings were gathered along with various craft. They placed a mask over his face, and he lost consciousness. When he woke up by the road he saw the craft leave. So as you can see it was completely different from the film. He also said that the craft was humid.

Here is the account in Travis Walton's own words, and as you will read the film adaption deviates wildly and is highly sensationalized. Thank for this thread, it is a fascinating case and and believe that despite various attempts to dismiss it as a hoax etc. it has stood the test of time in my opinion.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by David H N]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Here is the account in Travis Walton's own words, and as you will read the film adaption deviates wildly and is highly sensationalized. Thank for this thread, it is a fascinating case and and believe that despite various attempts to dismiss it as a hoax etc. it has stood the test of time in my opinion.

Its always the same when Hollywood get their hands on accounts like this we never get the truth. I also believe this has stood the test of time and think its one of the most important cases to ever surface.

top topics

join