It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush's Presidency was Outrageously Successful! Don't call him inept or stupid!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I put it to you that George W. Bush's presidency was outrageously successful, and more successful than his predecessor Bill Clinton. If you measure a President's success by his ability to to further the interests of his key supporters, and not necessarily the nation as a whole, George W. Bush's presidency was a resounding success. George W. Bush should not be called inept or stupid because his presidency was one of the most successful presidencies on record.

Iraq War
The Iraq War has been the Bush Presidency's greatest success. While it is true Bush may have destabilized the Middle Eat and brought the world to the brink of another World War, the Iraqi war has resulted in unprecedented success for the Bush Presidency. Bush has managed to get Billions of dollars of taxpayer money each month funneled to companies like Haliburton and Defense Contractors which have loyally supported Bush.

Energy Policy
Bush's energy policies (or lack theoreof) have been a resounding success. Oil companies like Exxon have posted record profits. While some Presidents would have enacted fuel saving policies in this age of concerns over Climate Change and Middle East based terrorism, Bush continued to allow America's oil consumption to increase. The average size of an automobile increased during much of the years Bush was president. People began driving more as they bought houses further away from the urban centers into which they worked. Little or no investment was made by the government into improving or building new public transport.

Katrina
Bush's handling of Katrina was masterful. Although the city of New Orleans was dessimated, and tens of thousands of people were displaced, these people do not matter because they do not cut $3000 checks to eat rubber chicken dinners. Bush was again able to funnel large amounts of tax payer money to his cronies. Good job Brownie! Good job W!

All in all, Bush's presidency was a success. Unlike his predecessor Bill Clinton, who often sold out his core constituency enacting centrist policies like a balanced budget and welfare reform, George W. Bush stuck by his core supporters through thick and thin. Even though Presidents like Bill Clinton may have enjoyed higher approval ratings or may have made the country as a whole better off, George W. Bush was loyal to the people that really count, his cronies.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You left out some other success stories of his presidency...

If you define success by the number of murders committed then yes Bush's presidency was a massive success. 1 million dead iraq citizens and counting

How about the blatant violations of the Constitution or as Bush calls it, "just a goddam piece of paper"

And dont forget the signing of the illegal and treasonous SPP in 2005 that brings closer to world goverment. That certainly was a huge success in the eyes of the Rockefellers and other elite.

I dont think we can take much more success like that and survive

[edit on 24-5-2008 by admriker444]

[edit on 24-5-2008 by admriker444]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You forgot the unmitigated success of the Bush presidency in removing freedoms from the American public. I tend to think that was his biggest...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think his biggest success is being the only President to go into the White house a millionaire, and leave a billionaire. That's gotta count for something!

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Yes, I agree with everyone here.

Dubya was successful as a uniter. He should get due credit for uniting the world against us. No president before him can claim that honor.

I only hope he remembers to pack his Adolph Hitler Humanitarian Award when he leaves the White House. Along with his personally annotated first grade dictionary, it should serve him well.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by garyo1954]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I think his biggest success is being the only President to go into the White house a millionaire, and leave a billionaire. That's gotta count for something!

Could you document this please? Tax returns and financial disclosure forms will suffice.

Thanks.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Your right
He was successful wasn`t he?

thats so sad

he must be laughing his arse of

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Originally posted by LLoyd45

Could you document this please? Tax returns and financial disclosure forms will suffice.

Thanks.

I was thinking the same thing, also can anyone verify the amount of dead in Iraq? I have yet to see anything that proves over a million Iraqis have been killed.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Your giving him far too much credit in some areas. It was only in his masterful use of politics, that he was able to do some of this excellent work with The House of Representatives under demoncratic control, and The Senate with a slim Republican led Congress.

I think he will put put in the annals of history above Clinton with his bipartisanism command of the free world, his firm hand on the wheel of a growing economy that has gone south only in his last year due to market conditions based upon his leaving office, and bringing American politics to the forefront of world press with as unlikely candidates that have ever ran for The Office of the President.

A sad day, indeed, when his successor is sworn into office.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I have a feeling this thread was initiated to try and antagonize a response from other members, i very much doubt that there is someone out there who thinks he did a good job, unless you don't have a mortgage, don't like food, has a car that runs off fresh air, seriously does not like the Arab world or Islam, thinks that stealing from the American people is a good idea, and has somewhere to go when the doo doo hits the fan.

So to back up my claims, Americans all over the USA are losing their homes, the lucky ones can stay with friends or family or they go to tent city, Food shortages and price increases have begun to make it hard for everyone who works for a living, Bush made this worse with his ethanol effort, allowing raw goods intended to feed people to instead be fermented into fuel products, His posture regarding oil prices gives the impression that he cares not for the people, but for the big oil billionaires which if my memory serves me right includes his family?

His policies regarding Iraq, Afghanistan, rumors of countries instigating threats on the USA, IE Iran , Syria, I can name other countries but they are not Islamic, he has a total disregard for the Islamic faith which another poster has said 1 million dead and counting, plus his determination to attack Iran, as i said this part would go on forever.

As for stealing from the American people you only have to look at the contracts given out to all his buddies, the use of civilian military forces like blackwater etc, allowing these companies to charge whatever they want for whatever they need or dont need depends on how you see it,

Face it the man is scum, he cares not for the USA and has plans to run off to south America when the time comes, the man is a war criminal and i believe eventually will be proven, ill tell you something, i think one of the first things your next president will do is pardon both Bush and Cheney, to try and make it impossible to convict them, However he forgets American law is not followed in the countries where the call will come from for their arrests.

So please dont tell me he was a success because he is so far from it he may as well be Osama himself, the man is an idiot and a puppet, Cheney is the puppet master, and even his strings are being pulled by someone else.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

The sad part is, this poster really means it.

The day Bush is gone will be like 100 New Years Eve celebrations rolled up into one!
Grant it, they're all cut of the same cloth, but i hate seeing Red all the time.

Good riddance to that fool & his psychopathic cronies.

Yes, Bush has done one hell of a job and made all his people and corporations PROUD. To the elite, he IS a heroe.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Only American's could believe themselves immune to the acts of a tyrant.

We are so stupid. Resting on our coattails and believing all our problems can be solved if we choose the correct countries to bomb... all the while a conclave of demons snuck their way to the helm of this country and steered it into the abyss...

And the people cheered as if it were fireworks when the bombs fell on Iraq, as if it were the 4th of July...

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yeah, it was very successful.

Not only did he manage to pull of 9/11, he also managed to pull Patriot Acts 1 and 2. He has done more to destroy the terrorist document called the Constitution than all the other presidents combined.

And, to finish things off, he has retained a 30% approval rating. (lowest in history, but at least more than 0%!)

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ianr5741

And the people cheered as if it were fireworks when the bombs fell on Iraq, as if it were the 4th of July...

Sorry just had to quote this to show that american's are war mongering people.

Yes George W. Bush was successful if you put it into that context. He worked for the corporation and now will be leaving power with a slush of money.

I dream of one day for these people in the office of power to get prosecuted for the war crimes they have enacted upon. One man can only dream..

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

As far as the US economy being "strong" during the Bush Administration, the economy was not strong under Bush. While the US economy may have posted some good numbers during the past years, the US economy was not always strong nor healthy.

The US had a recession after 9-11. (To be fair to W, it is difficult to argue he could have done anything to stop that.) While the US is not currently in an official recession yet, it is certainly anemic.

The periods of growth during the Bush administration are not indicative of a healthy, well rounded economy. Much of the growth was fueled by real estate speculation. Another major portion of the growth was in war spending. The growth did not lead to increased wages or other benefits for the working and middle classes. The US currency has plummeted and is now in the toilet. Finally, the growth was coupled with record high budget defecits.

This is not to say that Democrats' hands are clean of all this mess. They have done more than their fair share of the work hindering economic growth. For example, Democrats have always advocated unduly stringent and costly regulations which have helped chase away many jobs overseas. Bush has, however, done some things that will hurt the US economy in the long run and has made unwise decisions at critical junctures in his presidency. Bush has cut taxes during a time of war which in turn has lead to high budget defecits. He has not pursued agressive alternative energy policies at a time when our nation needs to wean itself off foreign oil.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor
I have yet to see anything that proves over a million Iraqis have been killed.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.opinion.co.uk...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
If you define success by the number of murders committed then yes Bush's presidency was a massive success. 1 million dead iraq citizens and counting

That number of 1 million is total hogwash.
That figure is nothing but total propaganda and not based in any actual fact.

Try here for accurate numbers

As you can read, the total is under 100,000. Plus many of these deaths are due to the insurgents and not the U.S. military or its allies.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well fair play to you, you are correct. George W. Bush was put into power with a war agenda, an oil supply agenda, an police state agenda, and a corporate profiteering agenda and he's delivered that agenda on all fronts.

Bush is a success, and the American people, and for that matter the rest of the world, are failures. Gosh darn it, this guy managed to fail at every company he ever started, who'd of thunk he'd manage to do so well with an entire country!?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
You said,

George W. Bush's Presidency was Outrageously Successful! Don't call him inept or stupid!

The president has very little to do with the presidency.

The president is not a lone nut.

He is the mask on the face of the conspiracy.

W is one of the most stupid and ignorant and heartless and inept and spineless pieces of dog crap of all time.

It is a national disgrace and horror that he represents people as bright as you or me or other ATS members.

The presidency is supposed to represent the will of the people.

The whole Bush dynasty have been traitors to the presidency, and should be divested and imprisoned.

W. is the most stupid and inept and unsuccessful president of all time.

W. makes Dan Quayle seem intelligent.

Cheney is perhaps the most intelligent and inept vice president of all time. Cheney's daughter is a lesbian and that has never been an issue, in that he prefers to amass personal wealth and not speak up for gays or lesbians or transsexuals, he has betrayed his own blood. He is not capable of love, only of murder. It is surprising his own daughter has not murdered him or had him assassinated, just to save face in the lesbian community.

And, don't forget our presidential hopefuls, such as Hillary and Obama -- who together have not expressed even ONE item of concern that folks at ATS continually write about that determine our future ... they truly represent the sheeple, not the people.

While it's fun to play word games, remember, their rifles are pointed at us and their robots and retilians are poised to eat our souls. And, you might not be so cavalier if it was your loved ones who were tortured or raped and mutilated, imprisoned or murdered.

The intention of the presidency was not reptilian, sociopathic or psychopathic or stupid or inept.

This country was once the hope of the world because it triumphed people such as you and folks at ATS. It once triumphed democracy and freedom and Judaic-Christian-Muslim love and free will.

Now we are the victims of traitors and dictators who are currently eliminating 95% of us and rejoice in our helplessness.

The whole of western religion and civilization is in truth the goodness, compassion and self-sacrifice of everyday heroes who have helped the weak and defenseless and stood up against tryanny -- the way a mother protects a child.

In our failure to do this, we have become cowards. That is shameful.

One can hate the enemy for their ability to be heartless and obsessive compulsive -- but don't act or talk like one of the enemy ... because with every breath you take, innocent people are being slaughtered and mutilated ... and this, you must never put aside when you stand in judgment on this Earth, for as little time as we are here.

We are always leaning into Eternity, and soon will fall in.

Choose your words carefully. Always be mindful of the dead and dying, and perhaps one day the guilty people will be destroyed, instead of the innocent.

The purpose of life, is to live ... every creature struggles to survive. Every creature resists slavery. Every creature resists destruction.

W. has destroyed and enslaved his spiritual and human heritage, and has so destroyed and enslaved us.

This is not human success. This is human failure.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
How is this dude still in power? are people so blind and forgetful? He's worse that a million Hitlers. He a pure war criminal.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join