It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush's Presidency was Outrageously Successful! Don't call him inept or stupid!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube

Originally posted by US Monitor
I have yet to see anything that proves over a million Iraqis have been killed.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.opinion.co.uk...

You're kidding me right? Wiki a site that anyone can edit, and an opinion piece? C'mon try again and this time produce a credible site with factual information.

Still nothing to support that million dead bogus claim.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herbal Oli
How is this dude still in power? are people so blind and forgetful? He's worse that a million Hitlers. He a pure war criminal.

You obviously know nothing of Hitler and what he did. It's amazing how many people spout this hyperbole and rhetoric without knowing anything about what they speak of. Do some research and learn a little bit about Hitler and then you will see how immature your posts sounds. Bush is many things, none of them good, but nothing he has done comes even close to Hitler.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

I agree, no one really compares to Hitler yet, even Bush.

Not a million people died in Iraq, about 700k though
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonmod

Or maybe you were booted for your useless posts which don't relate to the thread in any way? There's a time and place and this isn't one. So, if and when you're booted again, you know it's not for your views, but for your incredibly lame way of posting about things in the wrong place.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by August Sonereal

Not even close. It's less than 100K. Get some accurate numbers.

Actual numbers

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

www.iraqbodycount.org...

As you can see, it only counts non-combatant, violent deaths. No estimates either, the problem with that is that it's always much higher. They're still finding bodies and counting I'm sure.

You do know that the well over 100k deaths in Burma are "estimates" right?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

As you can see, it only counts non-combatant, violent deaths.

Well, that is what we are talking about, civilian deaths. The term 'non-combatant' means that the terrorists are not included in the total.
As quoted from the link:
"Its public database includes deaths caused by US-led coalition forces and paramilitary or criminal attacks by others."

You do know that the well over 100k deaths in Burma are "estimates" right?

What does this have to do with the price of cheese?

[edit on 25-5-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Its so hard to even form an opinion anymore with so much conflicting data.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

As you can see, it only counts non-combatant, violent deaths.

Well, that is what we are talking about, civilian deaths. The term 'non-combatant' means that the terrorists are not included in the total.
As quoted from the link:
"Its public database includes deaths caused by US-led coalition forces and paramilitary or criminal attacks by others."

Still, it's counting for-sure deaths. I'm giving an estimate (not I really but it's understood)

From www.washingtonpost.com...

"A team of American and Iraqi epidemiologists estimates that 655,000 more people have died in Iraq since coalition forces arrived in March 2003 than would have died if the invasion had not occurred."

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

reply to post by US Monitor

I agree, no one really compares to Hitler yet, even Bush.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I think the number is really not known.
From the post article you linked:

A team of American and Iraqi epidemiologists estimates that 655,000 more people have died in Iraq since coalition forces arrived in March 2003 than would have died if the invasion had not occurred.

The estimate, produced by interviewing residents during a random sampling of households throughout the country, is far higher than ones produced by other groups, including Iraq's government.

It is more than 20 times the estimate of 30,000 civilian deaths that President Bush gave in a speech in December. It is more than 10 times the estimate of roughly 50,000 civilian deaths made by the British-based Iraq Body Count research group.

From that, I also am not sure how many of those dead are because of US troops, or the result of AQ attacks on there own people, etc...Shia v Sunni v Kurd?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor
From that, I also am not sure how many of those dead are because of US troops, or the result of AQ attacks on there own people, etc...Shia v Sunni v Kurd?

Plus that report also includes actual bad guys and not only civilians. This is why I believe that report is no good and not accurate. Also, it says that it is only a estimate which basically means a guess. I will stick to confirmed civilians deaths from the report below which is under 100k.

Iraq Body Count

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Bush is a stupid POS. I suggest you read some of the threads here on ATS regarding this piece of dog crap we call our President.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

Bush is a stupid POS. I suggest you read some of the threads here on ATS regarding this piece of dog crap we call our President.

Well, just because it is posted on ATS does not mean its true. Look, Bush has done some wrong but he is no way near like some here on ATS like to portray.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Ha ha, very good post there mr. mint. I agree that for some the last seven years have been successful, but I would not go as far as saying Bush is not stupid or inept. I don't think he has the ability to fathom the plan put in place when he was elected. The real masterminds were Cheney and Rumsfeld. This administration will go down as the model puppet president for years to come. W doesn't have a clue.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
What is truly sad is that most people can no longer think objectively and logically.
While plenty of the hatred for Bush is truly warranted, a lot of people tend to go overboard to the point where they really sound extremely childish.
What is equally sad and even more frightening is that I am beginning to see the same thing in reverse.
By this I mean, the same biased and unadulterated hate people have towards Bush, a man that can and will never do anything right, is the opposite to how these same people are totally in love with Obama, a man that can never do anything wrong.

Can someone please explain this to me?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
wtf? im not talking just about deaths and war, Bush is taking aways peoples rights. Did hitler do that?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Herbal Oli
wtf? im not talking just about deaths and war, Bush is taking aways peoples rights. Did hitler do that?

Do you know anything about Hitler? I mean really? Do you know a thing about him and what he did? Taking away people's rights, hmmm.....like the right to breathe for Jews, Gypsies, Russians, French, Belgians, British, the list goes on....

Ok how about this for taking away rights in Germany:

www.historyplace.com...

After the elections of March 5, 1933, the Nazis began a systematic takeover of the state governments throughout Germany, ending a centuries old tradition of local political independence. Armed SA and SS thugs barged into local government offices using the state of emergency decree as a pretext to throw out legitimate office holders and replace them with Nazi Reich commissioners.

Political enemies were arrested by the thousands and put in hastily constructed holding pens. Old army barracks and abandoned factories were used as prisons. Once inside, prisoners were subjected to military style drills and harsh discipline. They were often beaten and sometimes even tortured to death. This was the very beginning of the Nazi concentration camp system.

For Adolf Hitler, the goal of a legally established dictatorship was now within reach. On March 15, 1933, a cabinet meeting was held during which Hitler and Göring discussed how to obstruct what was left of the democratic process to get an Enabling Act passed by the Reichstag. This law would hand over the constitutional functions of the Reichstag to Hitler, including the power to make laws, control the budget and approve treaties with foreign governments.

The emergency decree signed by Hindenburg on February 28, after the Reichstag fire, made it easy for them to interfere with non-Nazi elected representatives of the people by simply arresting them.

Later that same day, Hindenburg signed two decrees put before him by Hitler. The first offered full pardons to all Nazis currently in prison. The prison doors sprang open and out came an assortment of Nazi thugs and murderers.

The second decree signed by the befuddled old man allowed for the arrest of anyone suspected of maliciously criticizing the government and the Nazi party.

Now, for the first time as dictator, Adolf Hitler turned his attention to the driving force which had propelled him into politics in the first place, his hatred of the Jews. It began with a simple boycott on April 1, 1933, and would end years later in the greatest tragedy in all of human history.

Does this help you any? Please be sure to read this, and use the links provided here, www.historyplace.com... to learn more. You talk about Bush taking away people's rights, yet NEVER has anyone in the US done anything approaching the level Hitler did here in what I quoted. NEVER!!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
yeah Monitor no problem....

you seem to be missing the fact the bush and his co-horts would really like to annihiliate all of china and pretty much every muslim on this planet, mmm i think thats what about 2 billion + people....

dont forget, Bush and McCain and all the others....REALLY REALLY want to press that red button titled "destroy the east/middle east"

so yeah....

Hitler killed lots of Jews yeah, but he killed more russians and slavs, gays, gypsies, yeah lots of people.... but Bush? to me he IS Hitler re-incarnate....and this prick wants the whole planet.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join