It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The legacy of Ted Kennedy...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The Real Kennedy Record

Ted Kennedy was a strong supporter of the 1965 Hart-Celler Act — signed into law by President Lyndon B. Johnson — which dramatically changed US immigration policy. This legislation replaced the Immigration Act of 1924, which favored immigrants from northern and western Europe. Proponents of the 1965 bill argued that immigration laws and quotas were discriminatory, and that American immigration policy should accept people not on the basis of their nationality.

Ted Kennedy has been a staunch supporter of gun control initiatives. In 2006 he was one of the 16 senators who voted against the Vitter Amendment, which prohibited the confiscation of legally-possessed firearms during a disaster.

Ted Kennedy has …opposed additional Alaska oil drilling. However, he opposes the Cape Wind wind turbine project which would occur near his home.

Kennedy is one of only five senators who have publicly announced support for same-sex marriage.

He voted against the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act. Wikipedia.com

In 2004, Senator Kennedy cosponsored a bipartisan amendment to strengthen the ability of federal, state, and local governments to investigate and prosecute hate crimes.

Senator Kennedy introduced legislation to prohibit employment discrimination based on sexual orientation.

To help in the fight against AIDS, Senator Kennedy cosponsored an amendment to provide additional funding for prevention and treatment activities in Africa. TedKennedy.com

Voted NO on recommending constitutional ban on flag desecration. (Jun 2006)

Voted NO on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)

Voted YES on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)

Voted YES on loosening restrictions on cell phone wiretapping. (Oct 2001)

Voted YES on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation. (Jun 2000)

Voted YES on setting aside 10% of highway funds for minorities & women. (Mar 1998)

Voted YES on prohibiting job discrimination by sexual orientation. (Sep 1996)

Voted NO on Amendment to prohibit flag burning. (Dec 1995)

Voted NO on banning affirmative action hiring with federal funds. (Jul 1995)

Voted NO on declaring English the official language of the US government. (Jun 2007)

Voted YES on allowing illegals to participate in Social Security.(May 2006) ontheissues.org

Info taken from Here

Also, feel free to defend this Man, if he truely represents your values as an America... defend him, and defend his actions, and tell me how his actions help America.

[edit on 5/23/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I am going to Argue that Kennedy has been the WORSE senator in my memory/lifetime...

Here is a man, that has been dedicaded to destroying the fabric of American Life...

He has repeated tried to Break the Boarders, most recently, last summer in the Kennedy/McCain/Fiengold Amesisty Bill, that was killed on the senate floor, after the Switch Boards at the DC call center, became Jammed for hours, because THE AMERICA PEOPLE were calling into their senator to tell them to vote against this bill.

In the Past, Kennedy also tryed to push through immigration laws... starting in 1965, that is over 40 Years of trying to change the National Demo-graphics of this nation.

Kennedy is also a Renoun Gun-Snatcher... voting repreaditly on gun-restriction laws... IN 2006, Kennedy voted in FAVOR of the goverment having the ABILITY to consfinscate firearms after a disaster... HOW CAN ANYONE HERE ON ATS LIKE THAT....

The true meaning of this, can be shown by an example, after HUrricane Katrina, the some residents of New Orleans, stayed with thier houses, thier intent was to stay with thier home, and protect thier belongings... well, that cant be allowed... so the ATF went thru the nieghborhoods, and confiscated the Guns of the people that wanted to protect thier homes from looters... These people had thier guns snatched by the goverment, in a time when their Arms were most needed... Kennedy is in favor of this... or not in favor of you keeping your guns when you need them.

Also, talk of a hypacrit... this guy wants to be all 'green' and energy savoy... but he is opposed to drilling on ANWAR, or funding other sources of 'clean' power...

He is also one of ONLY 5 senators that support Gay-marrige...

He also voted against the Partial Birth-abortion ban... meaning, that Kennedy is fine with infanticide...

Also, Kennedy voted to add Homosexuality to the list of things that are listed under 'Hate Crimes.

Also, he is in favor of Affermiative Action...

Also has repeatedly voted against flag-burning...

He also VOTED AGAINST making English the OFFICAL language of These Untied States of America.

So lets recap:

Kennedy is a Flag Burning, affirmative action oriented, pro-homo, pro-big goverment, gun-grabbing, baby killing senator for Massachuets, who wants to make sure this nation is flooded with people from south and Latin America, and then trying to out English, as the main launguage of this great Nation...

I think i covered it all... or most of it...

the media spent the last few days, talking the high prasies of Kennedy... In my opinion, Kennedy has to be one of the worse senators, for America ever...

Its a strach to find a single thing he has done worth-while...

Thats all...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

He's a hero to the left. Not on the substance of his stance on issues rather the false legacy he has carried around for so many years.

Hands down the worst Senator in the history of the United States. Heck, I was born and raised in Mass. and he was getting voted in back then (70's and 80's).

......and while your piling on let's not forget Fat Ted is a murderer as well.

en.wikipedia.org...

Great post! Star and Flag for you. Good research.

Becker

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The only thing that realy pisses me off is the fact that there are so many other Kennedys in line to take his place. Sure as Shootin' the folks in Mass. will vote another one in!!! i also love the fact that he wants to disarm al of us while his body guards carry UZI's. Typical hipocrit. I for one will not miss him one witt!
Zindo

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I am surprised that no one has replied to defend the merits of Ted Kennedy...

I know this is a sensitive time for the Kennedys, but what better time to talk the merits of a person, other then when the are the primary focus of the news...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Also, i forgot to Mention...

Ted Kennedy HAS voted to given Social Security to ILLIGAL ALLIENS!!!

Yea... he is striaght crazy... and probaly hates this country...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Kennedy is a great example of the 'Main-Stream-Far-Leftists'...

He is truely sick in the head...

For YEARS, the writing has been on the walls...
That this old senile man was out of his mind...

^^^Heres a clearly out of his mind Kennedy, singing to a bunch of iligal alien scumbags...
*** Halisto, Halisto, GUADAHARA...***

Some more of the senile old man speaking spanish, THIS time, ON BEHALF of the Messiah himself... Kennedy speaks for the Hussein Campain...

Am i out of line for calling out this anti-american peice of Tratorious Garbage...

Mabye the media can brainwash people to forget that this Drunkard killed a young girl...

But that doesnt mean you should...

And just because the guy is sick in the head, doesn't mean he should be above criticizm...

Here is the guy, singing LIVE, to a bunch of morons, on BEHALF of Barrack Hussein Obama...

I know this man is a Hero of the left...
And to me, that demonstrates the INSANITY of the far left...

top topics

join