It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Tornado Strikes Southern California

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
Can my American ATS'ers tell me when the last time California had weather like we are talking about, is it something new ??? Do past weather records show anything similar ??

Wolfie

Before you run to the hills check this out

www.tornadohistoryproject.com...

It might be rare but it isn't impossible.

www.tornadohistoryproject.com...

An F2 tornado hitting Glendale must be as surprising as a 6.0 earthquake in Kansas but it is by no means impossible.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by wutone]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I just saw there is a fire in the northern california right now due to high winds(gusts up to 40mph): @ CNN

Then there's been flooding in the areas that where hit by the fires & other places due to heavy down pours: From USA Today

Here's local CBS 5 reporting on today's weather : HERE

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Animals usually get back to thier normal activity relatively soon after the incident, provided that thier habitat wasn't destroyed displacing them.

I believe that either something big may happen, or is already happening, due to the fact that the unusual behavior is happening all over the place.The thread about the unusual behavior of animals has people posting from all over the place. I've noticed a common factor in these posts seems to be unusual bird behaviour. In many cases they seem to be suicidal, or at the least very disoriented. Also an over abundance of road kill and animals showing up in areas that they normally don't habitat.

I've lived in Chicago all my life and i can tell you that it's not the norm to see mallards walking down the street, or see cougars in this city. My son's both drive trucks and my oldest said the other day he saw something cross the road, and he had no idea what it was, wasn't a possom or racoon, but he said it was big. It's definitely not the norm for us to have an earthquake.

I just think that with all these quakes, some in places where it's not normal and tornadoes in places where they don't usually happen, etc. that we may be in for somethong really big and catastrophic. The animals i believe sense that something big is happening, or is on the way and are trying to avoid it.

As well as keeping an eye on the unusual weather, quakes, etc we should also keep an eye on the animals as they are usually a good alert to when something is happening.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Wierd weather everywhere I guess. Here in Phoenix, just three days ago we were over a hundred degrees and it seemed like summer was here, memorial day weekend is the beginning of the really hot weather for us, but now it's raining and COLD...in just one day it went from summer to being as cold as it was just about anytime during the winter. It's VERY strange.

Yes, out here is Casa Grande we had large hail for over an hour with this storm. IT rained for 5 hours and flooded out my street . Today it is 55 degrees!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This thread is quite worrying and those earlier pics of the chile volcanic eruption were amazing.... being in uk we rarely have any weather to worry about, but that last earthquake we had was something ive never experienced here in my 25 years, it was quite terrifying and shows how vunerable we actually are

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

have you ever checked out the Bible man?! I was reading it and all this weird stuff happening is in there! I'm not kidding, everything! and it was supposed to have been written like 2000 yrs ago! and it says that these are the things that are supposed to happen and then Jesus Christ is going to take His people out and like distroy the rest of the world!? It really says that! I'm tripping, but I can't argue how it straight up says this!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It's kind of random here right now. My parents just drove in from Vegas and said there where two cars they know of that went of the railings in the Cajon pass in the San Bernardino Mountains. They said they could see the lighting and storm over the Moreno valley area as they where passing over the mountains & it was pretty much raining the whole time in. Here(Orange County) it's cloudy/stormy with pockets of nice sunny weather.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Tornado warnings and even the occasional tornado are a rare occurence which are to be expected every few years in Southern California, but this is the first time in my memory that Palm Springs ever came under tornado warnings- unless I missed something. My grandmother lives not far from Palm Springs and told me that she definitely saw the makings of a tornado over Palm Springs, though nothing came of it (with her being an old Texan, I tend to trust her assessment of what is and is not tornado weather).

I was on the I-10 near Banning during this mess. Now I have seen hail in banning as late as April, and I have seen snow in Banning. But I don't remember snow in banning in late May. And the hail was a little odd too. These were bigger and a little more solid- they weren't just busting on the ground- they were staying intact.

They've also been talking about the possibility of the San Andreas fault here being about due to shake us up- this stuff definitely gets me thinking about that.

Though I realize plenty of geologists disagree with me, I do put stock in the idea that techtonic activity can be foreshadowed by stange weather, "earthquake lights", etc. There's a lot of energy involved there afterall- presumably enough to generate meaningful electrical charges under the right conditions.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

I've been paying attention to all the shaking on the pac rim including the volcano eruption in the south, it would make sense we are due for an earth quake. I think technically we've been in the "red" as far as high probability goes for awhile now. I'm going to be heading to Torrance in awhile for awhile, so I'll be able to see what things are like all along the western portion of OC/LA counties.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
As someone said Tornadoes are not normal in California. But the weather changed here in Eastern Europe, Hungary. We usually have 1 tornado within 20-30 years. Now, we had three just in one day on this week, and these were app. the fifth, sixth and seventh tornadoes in this year and we're writing only May.

Weather is changing, but not from that as many are believing.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It's been very windy and very chilly for this time of the year for the past few days up in NorCal and am wondering if there is indeed some freak weather occurring along the west side of the United States that may have been contributing to the recent fires in Santa Cruz, CA, for example.

[edit on 2008-5-23 by pikypiky]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aenimus
Ya, I'm in Texas, at training, wife in California, and she called and told me about it. Serously not normal for California. I lived in southern California for 15 years, and I only know of 1 funnel cloud...didn't touch...and that was during el Nino.
So now we have tornadoes in Georgia and California, disasters in Burma and China. Anyone know if any solar events happened prior? I think we will experience a lot worse in the years to come.

Wasn't there a tornado in London or something recently... And is it normal to get them in Europe? I'm not sure that's why I'm asking! Thanks!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I came across another thread that may be of some interest, It's about new cracks in the artic ice shelfs.

I don't know if this link is going to work,it's my first time trying to post a link. If it doesn't work the name of the thread is: Stop Press-Vast Cracks Appear in Artic Ice. It's in the breaking alternative news forum.

I see that it didn't work, sorry bout that. still trying to figure out how to do it right.

[edit on 23/5/08 by chise61]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

On December 26, 2004, an earthquake along the floor of the Indian Ocean was responsible for a tsunami that claimed the lives of thousands of people in Asia and East Africa. In the midst of all the destruction, wildlife officials at Sri Lanka's Yala National Park have reported no mass animal deaths. Yala National Park is a wildlife reserve populated by hundreds of wild animals including elephants, leopards, and monkeys. Researchers believe that these animals were able to sense the danger long before humans.

I think that the animal reaction to stimuli that we as humans don't normally recognize is relevant.

Now this thread has a couple of different 'conspiracy' aspects....for one, the weather is strange and an applicable to global warming and the whole Haarp contention. I haven't been able to find anything beyond hearsay regarding current events with Haarp and won't post anything in that regard...but the animals being able to sense something on a level that we as humans don't normally give credence to is a very relevant topic of discussion. Kind of calls into question how exactly we as an organism are able to perceive and interact with our respective external environments...

chise61: Copy the url address from your browser and then paste it into the "globe icon" I highlighted earlier...should work just fine...

[edit on 23-5-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
if you want to keep an eye on sun spots, solar flares e.t.c try these.

www.spaceweather.com...

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23/5/08 by chise61]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Ok first off, this is my first post. Been a loyal follower of ATS almost since the very beginning.

Anyway here are a couple things I would like to remind everyone about and bring up as a possible cause.

Anomalies being noticed:

1. Odd, anomalous, or erratic weather/geographic conditions are being noted all over the world.

2. Animals are showing signs of some kind of disturbance in many different ways.

3. Signs of disturbances being noticed on other planets, Like the new red spot on Jupiter, as noted earlier.

A lot of people are screaming HAARP, which as stated before can be discredited as the cause for all of these anomalies. As much as I would like to assume the gov. is behind all these occurrences, Jupiter blows that theory away.

So what could possibly cause all of these incidents? I'm surprised and kinda shocked that not one single person yet(unless I missed it) has brought up the idea of Planet X/Nibiru and its star being the cause. And no I'm not going to spew doomsday or end time prophecies.

Heres how and why:

1. As far as weather goes, countless weather related events are recorded through out ancient civilizations, corresponding to the close approach of these celestial bodies. If your not informed research the Sumerians as a starting point.

2. Animals are behaving more and more oddly as the days pass. Most if not all animals rely on some "instinct" based on fluctuations of Earth's electromagnetic fields. Most notably birds.

3. Jupiter's new red spot and other cosmic disturbances most likely can not be caused by HAARP, at least I hope not. Not to mention that disturbances in the orbits of other planets, which led to discoveries of other planets, have all been tied to these celestial bodies.

All of which has been well documented since ancient times, although not always highly publicized.

Almost forgot that Pole shifts are also attributed to this event. Not to mention many other amazing events.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Nerva]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Lol ok i got one thing and messed up another, please have patience with me i'm new and still learning. I finally got the the link posted Thanks to Memory Shock , and then tried to edit to add actual wording, but somehow messed up the edit, so here's what the post was supposed to say.

The thread about the ice crack in the artic ice shelf has a link to the article which includes a video. I thought this may be of interest as it may tie in with the unusual weather activity and unusual animal behaviour.

There is also an interesting post in the animal behaviour thread. It's an anonymous post that says it's written by Charolette (i'm sorry but i semm to have forgotten the last name) the post talks about certain people that are sensitive to changes in the planet much like the animals, interesting post.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kupoliveson

I hope you're joking about tornadoes not being normal in Alabama. They are pretty common here.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I found, it the poster says that they are Charlotte King, it's the 7th post down from the top. It's an anonymous poster, interesting post. There are many things that may be happening global warming, sun spots, pole shifting etc, but i'm a firm believer in the animals abilities to sense when something's going to happen.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join