It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Tornado Strikes Southern California

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I made a prediction, was posted in march on another thread. I had a 'vision' of LOTS of tornado's, some in odd spots (cali would definitely qualify as an odd spot). Also, 3 hurricanes I saw that made landfall this summer and one of them actually causing severe damage all the way into Tennessee. So far, it seems to be coming true. I think this is just the beginning, and wouldn't be suprised if you guys recieve at least 2 more by summer's end.

I got a little bit of the end of the tornado in Cheyenne earlier tonight:

Looks like I may be able to get another video tomorrow, lol.
I really gotta say, it was weird how the tornado taht went through the front range actually travelled up Devil's Backbone to Laramie. Storms don't usually travel up that way, although it does happen... but to carry that much force through that tight area is strange, IMO.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
And it's seems the strangeness extends as far as Jupiter. It has a brand new big red spot.

That makes 3. The largest storm is possibly 350 old, the 2nd appeared 2 years ago, and the 3rd was just noticed. These white storms are turning red one by one.

The Hubble and Keck images may support the idea that Jupiter is in the midst of global climate change, as first proposed in 2004 by Phil Marcus, a professor of mechanical engineering at the University of California at Berkeley. The planet's temperatures may be changing by 15 to 20 degrees Fahrenheit. The giant planet is getting warmer near the equator and cooler near the south pole.

Source: www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Your post allows me to extrapolate further, because this is not only happening on our planet.

While HAARP can be a scapegoat for several of the phenomena going on around the planet right now, I am MUCH more inclined to attribute this to the Magnetic pole shift that the planet is naturally undergoing, and the fact that we are approaching solar maximum.

Many people on this planet are operating under the gravitationally based, object-oriented paradigm of stagnant solar system forces, with the idea that gravity keeps the planets in orbit and that is all that happens in our solar system. However, the process based, electromagnetic paradigm has clear basis in reality, and it is without a doubt that the solar system is undergoing changes based on these process. A surge in electrical input to the sun can have drastic and immediate effect on the entire solar system. Planetary climates are directly linked to the plasma-based space weather environment, which is a field of study that, while well founded, is largely ignored by those who see fit to keep the populace in ignorance.

The fact is that the global weather changes we are witnessing ARE linked to common cause: a change in the space weather environment caused by larger scale changes to the solar system caused by larger scale changes as the Sun traverses its path through the Galaxy, with additional factors affecting things at the different scales. The systems are interlinked; we are not separate from our environment, and by we I mean humans, planets, stars, galaxies.

edit: to add reply to tag

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Ionized]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ionized

I have to agree as much as we want to put this on our government I do not think this is them. I feel this is part of something bigger and seriously and I mean seriously concerned. I recommend reading the survival section where as I dont think what is happening will end the earth but I do see some serious changes that could set us back quite a bit.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
After yesterday i decided that I don't like Tornado's at all. I am originally from southern California but have lived in northern Colorado for a little over a year and had the opportunity to watch yesterday's Tornado form close up. I'll take a good ol earthquake over these any day.

Is it bad that the 1st thought in my head as I was watching it was that I wish I had a video camera on me so I could post it on ATS?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It might be that what the Myan calendar says i true "The World will be gone is 2012" is this really happenein?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
You may want to check out the following thread. Anyone Noticing any Unusual Animal Activity. I'm sorry but i haven't figured out how to post links yet.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To post a url, press the globe looking icon on the Post Reply page...

It's a good link and I think I read somewhere that there were frog issues happening in California...I'll have to dig up that link....

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
MemoryShock,

I too was interested in that story about a swarm of frogs near Bakersfield, and found a local link from Rosedale, with some video attached.

frog link

Turns out these frogs are said to be coming from a local sump(?) pond. Sounds pretty innocuous to me.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Icarus Rising]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Turns out these frogs are said to be coming from a local sump(?) pond. Sounds pretty innocuous to me.

Thanks for posting the link. Hhhmmmmmm....the story is from the 14th...a week ago.

Is there a length of time that needs to pass before "weird animal behaviour" no longer equals a possible earthquake or other fill in the blank occurance?

How long were animals moving about before the China quake?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
According to Whitley Strieber's "Unknown Country", it was two days prior to the China quake that the frogs started hoppin'.

there is no conclusive evidence that the Bakersfield toads represent more than a disturbing coincidence. There are far fewer of them than appeared in China, and they have been swarming for two weeks. The frogs in China appeared just two days before the quake took place, and in much greater numbers.

source

The article makes an interesting read, mentioning linear cloud formations occurring two days prior to the China quake, as well.

My son has four frogs as pets in a habitat here in our house. I just fed them some crickets, as a matter of fact. I didn't realize before the China quake they could be a sentinel species for earthquakes, and I have a newfound respect and consideration for our little froggies. They are acting normally, btw, going about their business today.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Tell you what guys , My folks in I were right in the middle of this one.
We were heading on the I215 south.

What they don't talk about in the news that this man made tornado started right in the middle of the field at March Air force base.

We were literally about 1/4 mile watching this thing knocking vehicles pick up a semi and a train.

How do you know it's man made and where did you get your info from?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'm fairly close to Disneyland myself and it has been wild here the past two days. Yesterday while in Fullerton there where torrential down pours but just miles away when I get home it's sunny. Went out to Torrance and saw the huge system coming from the east. Today it's been very stormy here in the basin, just sort of waiting for it to get wild. I do have family fairly close to Moreno valley or in that basin there on the other side of the mountains that takes a lot of beatings during storms. We'll see how everything fairs out that way should this storm get more intense.

But yeah, then last week it was pretty damn hot reaching 90 & 100's some places...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 6:20:07 AM by Loud Mime

A waterspout came on shore as a weak tornado Thursday night and tore the roof off an empty air station hangar at the Naval Base Ventura County at Point Mugu, authorities said.

An air traffic controller at the base spotted the tornado about a quarter-mile away, said Bill Hoffer, a spokesman for the National Weather Service in Oxnard. The waterspout's vortex was reportedly almost horizontal as it was pushed on shore by gusting winds, he said.

It's not the first one this year...

Definitely strange weather. Woke up to rain this morning. I seriously doubt, however, that anything major is going to happen anytime soon....was fun looking into it though...

[edit on 23-5-2008 by MemoryShock]

[edit on 23-5-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Wierd weather everywhere I guess. Here in Phoenix, just three days ago we were over a hundred degrees and it seemed like summer was here, memorial day weekend is the beginning of the really hot weather for us, but now it's raining and COLD...in just one day it went from summer to being as cold as it was just about anytime during the winter. It's VERY strange.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

We get odd weather here all the time, which in itself isn't something to raise an eyebrow at here it seems. But lately it has been stranger then usually and shifting quicker too I must say. I lived in socal all my life (Hit the Big 3-0 this August yay!) and we used to have 3 seasons here, warm, hot, and cloudy(with some rain). Now it seems we get T-storms, or cold fronts that just move in whenever, then highs that just sit for days instead of this sort of constant coast-like flow through the region. I'm no weather man by any means, but we have been having a lot intense weather. Even the Santa Ana's have been very strong in the past years. I'm sure some of you guys remember the fires that happened here recently in the past few years. The winds during those times where incredibly strong and sustained for quiet awhile.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ok hands up who of us are over 500 years old or more, weather happens all year round and just now and then the conditions are just right to produce something unusual and in unusual places, like snow over deserts, a summer more than two weeks long in England.

Now I'm not saying other forces like haarp may or may not be working here, but lets be perspective about this, we live for what about 80 yrs on average across both sexes, nature just does not move that quickly.

Can my American ATS'ers tell me when the last time California had weather like we are talking about, is it something new ??? Do past weather records show anything similar ??

Wolfie

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Here in Phoenix Arizona we experienced on May 20 a searing heat of 106 degrees for a high. Today it is 63 degrees. This constitutes 43 degree drop in temperature....in 3 days.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yes I live about 10 min from where tornado hit pretty hairy,streets were like full on rivers,sky turned a turquoise blue,we had one about 10 years ago just outside of Devore,I knew I shouldn't of got my car detailed,plus the 2 cats were hugging my youngest son the whole time,very strange for them

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
COME ON???? When are we all going to get it? We have sky-rocketing gas and food prices, a BS war, the us economy is caput and now all of these natural disasters to contend with?!? In the past month we have seen- tornadoes (in places where there really are not supposed to be tornadoes-like California, Atlanta- Georgia, Alabama, and Colorado), florida is on fire (still burning by the way), and predictions that this hurricane season is going to be bad!!!!!! How much can the american people contend with? What is going to be the breaking point? 5$ gas? or maybe 6$ gas? Come on if you had to chose to pay your rent/mortgage or buy your children food which one would you pick? The costs of food are raising very fast! There does have to be a breaking point, this can not continue on forever! The scary part is that gas typically increases over the summer so we have not even felt the increased cost of either the new formulations of gas (which NEVER made any sense to me but I digress) and 135$ a barrel oil... If we have a major hurricane affecting Texas or Lousianna we are in a world of s**T!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join