It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the bickering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Mods, not sure which thread this should be in, so feel free to move it.

Over the last few weeks, I've noticed an increase in the amount of bickering on ATS. Now when I mean bickering, I don't mean arguing positions, I mean childish behavior that you might see on a school yard at recess. Several times today I was reading through threads in all forums where issues had been derailed by off topic name calling and personal attacks.

I ask you, are we all so childish that we have to resort to name calling and offensive remarks? What is going on with people that they can't debate in a rational manner? I just don't get it?

So, please, let's stick to the topics, and not turn into a bunch of children arguing who's dad can beat the other's dad up.

By no means do I mean to say ALL members are guilty of this, but it seems to be on an increase. Or am I just unlucky enough to have stumbled upon the few threads where this is going on?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm sorry if you've stumbled across a post or two of mine.

I'm working on it.....I have "group" on Wednesday nights.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Why don't we let the mods do their jobs and not try to do it for them. You can however make their job easier by posting your nonsense in general chit chat in bts.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Mine's on Thursdays. I've gotten to step three. Had to start out with puppets first. I didn't like the Barney puppet. Had to pay them 30 extra bucks for ripping its little head off.

[edit on 5/21/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I agree, and its over the silliest things !!!

I went to bed early last night because it begun early and i didnt need it.

I know its a conspiracy discussion board, but all it is now is partisan, oh, he's a Republican, i agree with him over the cow on the moon.
If you're a Democrat, i agree with him because it warm today
It doesnt matter what subject it is, it turns into Republicans seeing it one way, and Dems the other.

NOT EVERYTHING IS POLITICS!!!!!

/

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zealott
Why don't we let the mods do their jobs and not try to do it for them. You can however make their job easier by posting your nonsense in general chit chat in bts.

I'm sorry if you find my post to be nonsense. Feel free to ignore it.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm just trying to help you know since general conspiracies part is for you know general conspiracies. No disrespect.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

this is one reason i rarely post on ATS anymore.
if anyone has noticed or cared lol

i dont know whats happend to ATS lately but a few members *wont mention who* seem to have taken the meaning of ATS and used it as toilet paper.

i thought the whole point of this place was so people from diffrent backgrounds and political views could discuess their views like adults.

but so far lots of topics have popped up where ceratin members vent their ignorance and seem to ignore any rational reply to them or if they do acknowledge the reply, call it BS and try and downplay the reply as much as possible.

whats up with all this?

is this what ATS has become?
a ground for childish bickering and a place where someone can act like a child and throw petty insults?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Actually you are quite right Bodrul. I am ashamed of myself when I allow myself to get into poop slinging match. It is non productive and detracts from what ATS should be. We all try. I should try harder to have respect.
Quite right.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zealott
I'm just trying to help you know since general conspiracies part is for you know general conspiracies. No disrespect.

Which is why I stated in the op for the mods to move it if they say fit, which the did. Thanks anyway.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I noticed.
And I wish you would post more, rather than less. Quality posts will eventually dilute whatever temporary nonsense might be occurring.
Plus..your avatars. They don't hurt either.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I never really had a Dad......he left before I could remember him.

BUT....................My Lawyer CAN beat up YOUR Lawyer.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
reply to post by bodrul

I noticed.
And I wish you would post more, rather than less. Quality posts will eventually dilute whatever temporary nonsense might be occurring.
Plus..your avatars. They don't hurt either.

I 2nd that....Honestly Bodrul, I hadn't really noticed you weren't around as much, but now that you mention it, I don't recall running into any of your posts lately. So welcome back, with open arms. Please stay...please

new topics

top topics

join