It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid dreaming experiment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I propose to conduct a lucid dreaming experiment and it would be great if some fellow lucid dreamers here on ATS could join in!
Quite a simple experiment really, it would be great to get 3 or more people to take part... the aim is to see if we can meet in the lucid dreaming state and partake in eachothers activities. An arranged time will have to be sorted out to ensure that those who wish to join in will "hopefully" be lucid dreaming at the same time, it would be good also if those who wish to join in could submit a photograph of themselves, no links to myspace or anything as I do not want to risk gaining any information from outside sources.

Anyone interested?

Resentedhalo08.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Resentedhalo08]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Not to wander to far off topic, but has anyone here ever expiernced lucid dreaming? I'd love to, but it has never worked for me. Well, maybe it does, but I can never emember my dreams, so I actually don't know...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I lucid dream most nights... without much conscious effort...
There are plenty of techniques listed on the internet, so if your interested in learning the skills I suggest you google it

Anyways, please back on topic!

Resentedhalo08.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Oh come on...

There has to be atleast someone who is interested?

Resentedhalo08.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
There are not much people on ATS who are skilled enough to have lucid dreams at will. I've had only one lucid dream in 2008, for example. I think there the problem lies.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I should see myself lucky then I guess... that I can lucid dream most nights... I guess I assumed that there were more people here like myself.

It would be great if I could get this experiment going.

Resentedhalo08.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Yes, I would love to see the experiment be done. It would be very interesting.

Btw.. Once I attempted to go to the Lucid Crossroads and almost made it, I think I was almost there, but I was not even half aware, and my subconscious mind changed the whole look of the scene which left me feeling a little bit confused (and you know confusion usually, you lose any shred of conscious awareness you had). I've read on the website of the place, that you can get hyper awareness/lucidity from the the tools and methods you can use at that place. So you can go your merry way in a lucid dream that feels as or even more vivid and real as waking reality.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Around 2 weeks ago I had a period of intense lucidity... I was semi conscious in my dream... I remember that I was flying high... then I felt like I was pushing my way through a barrier, like rubber... I could feeling it stretch over me. I pushed my way through this barrier and what happened was amazing! I can only liken it to a magic mushrooms trip, amazing colours, intense euphoria and the feeling that all the answers of the universe were pouring into my mind... the answers felt so simple, like I knew them already but in "real life" I have been blinded to them.

If that makes sense, lol.

Resentedhalo08.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It does make sense in a way. I've read before that on a level we personally know all the answers to all questions that we have ever asked in our lives. You reached that level in your lucid dream, which apparently transformed into a full blown astral projection

Anyway, hope there are more members who meet meet you in your lucid dreams. And verify what happens in there independently of yourself.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by TheBandit795]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Yeah the more I lucid dream the more I can do things, like... flying, moving objects with my mind, stopping and starting time, passing through walls at will, turning myself invisible etc.

I see that the more I lucid dream the more aware I become in waking life... needless to say I have experienced an increase in intelligence.

Resentedhalo08.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

I envy you.
Those are exactly the things I want to do in my lucid dreams, and more.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It has taken me a few years to get to the level that I am now...

I started by putting some cues into my subconscious, which is actually a hell of a lot easier than it sounds.

Allow 30-45 mins laying in bed, on your back... steady your breathing and allow it to go at its natural pace, you will feel your breaths slowing down. This helps you to relax and your mind will start to empty itself of all thoughts... this is the hardest part... trying not to think, don't think of not thinking as your then thinking, lol. eventually your mind will be empty of thoughts, you will then see images in your head... allow them to freely come and go, allow them to wash over you and feel yourself in the images. At this point I have often felt as if I was leaving my body, floating upwards... a few times I have buggered it up as I've jumped and awaken myself from my relaxed state... this is where you start to fall asleep... ok the images that came into your head come in useful in later lucid dreams... it's ideal if you keep a dream book where you can write recurring dreams and symbols. It is recognising these symbols in your dreams that will bring you into lucidity, you may have to try this for a few weeks, sometimes even months... eventually though there will be symbols in your dreams that you will recognise and awaken you iinto lucidity.

Resentedhalo08.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
How to insert dream controls/tricks

Ok this can be done similar to inserting subconscious cues into your dreams....

When you are relaxed and you feel your mind emptying... consciously think of what control/trick you would like to put into your lucid dreams (flying etc)

Imagine yourself doing your chosen control/trick...

You may have to do this over a period of weeks or months... but eventually the cues will be inserted into your subconsious, it is at this point where it will naturally occur... when I 1st started flying in my lucid dreams all I could do is a jump (like on the moon) and then slowly go back to the ground... then I could hover around close to the ground, keep trying! eventually you will be able to get higher and faster... this takes time, so please be patient.

Resentedhalo08.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
These are just a few basics....

The best thing you can do is just get stuck in, you will learn a hell of a lot more in your lucid dreaming state than I can teach you here.

Good luck!

Hopefully this will encourage some more people on ATS to try lucid dreaming, it is a great skill to have as you can learn a lot about your life and your consciousness and the nature of reality

Resentedhalo08.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I'm very much into lucid dreaming, so I would love to join the experiment. I'm not that good yet though... I've managed to do it several times, but definitely not as much as you. So if that's not an issue... count me in.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I had lots of OOBE and lucid dreams many many years ago and I didn't realise it when it was happenning. I was fully aware, in full control, had full willpower and knew that I was dreaming etc. In my last dream (about 10 years ago) I did something really bad to another traveller and I never had lucid dreams or OOBE again! I really felt at the time that I had been BANNED! So, if you do wrong, can you get BANNED from the Astral dimension?

Email me for more details as it's a bit embarrassing about WHY I got banned.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Jinni]

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Jinni]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
My rest hours are taken up with other work, but if you wish to do this on demand there is a product out there in your grocery store that is easy to come by.

Its called Grill Mates Steak Rub. Follow the instructions on the bottle 2 tsp per lb and then let it sit for a half hour before grilling.

Use infrequently or it will slowly stop working.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I cant help you mate. If at all I can only do this with people Im close to.

Once had a shared-dream with my girlfriend. We were lying forehead-to-forehead, blissfully sleeping...and being in the same dreamscape.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I cant help you mate. If at all I can only do this with people Im close to.

Once had a shared-dream with my girlfriend. We were lying forehead-to-forehead, blissfully sleeping...and being in the same dreamscape.

When you awoke did your girlfriend say whether she had the -same- 'dream' experience?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thats what I mean by "shared". We could both describe the dream and remembered the same things happening.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join