It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOD?? pfft I will make my own

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

How do you know time has no begining or end? It would be impposible to prove that.

Plus I think pasty white clean shaven Jesus kicks father times butt lol.
I wonder if there are any pictures that gives Yeshua a little more justice, something that makes Him look a little more like what He really looked like instead of some white hippy with a bathrobe on.

-Jimmy

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack

But my god created time, you see that is the thing that 1up's over your God. I don't think you understood my question about time teaching you things, so I'll post it agian, read it carefully:

"What life lessons has time taught you?, notice I'm asking you what time has taught you, not life experiences, but time, no things that you have expaerienced over a course of time, but time it's self."

Judging from your previous response though it seems you view time as more philosophical, more than literal. I view my God literal, not philisophical, however I do not dismiss symbolism or take symbolism literally.

-Jimmy

I got your point, I'm talking about time as an entity, experience is very much part of time, we learn from our past which is three in one and one in three as I previousely stated.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

How do you know time has no begining or end? It would be impposible to prove that.

"Not all physicists think time started with the Big Bang ..." physicsworld.com...

Plus I think pasty white clean shaven Jesus kicks father times butt lol.
I wonder if there are any pictures that gives Yeshua a little more justice, something that makes Him look a little more like what He really looked like instead of some white hippy with a bathrobe on.

I don't think the pasty white clean shaven Jesus kicks my GODS ass lol, he died, TIME still lives on It would be funny if they drew an afro man Jesus, the white people would get offended by that I reckon.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

- You might say that 'aaaaaaaaaaaa my GOD is better than yours cause my GOD controls the UNIVERSE', well without my GOD the UNIVERSE wouldn't exist. Think about it, without time the planets wouldn't be able to evolve and the universe wouldn't be able to evolve and so onn and sooo forth.

Actually the universe wouldn't exist if there were no space... Without time it would exist as an eternal and simultaneous "past", "present", "future", (I put those divisions of sequentiality in quotes, because without time, logically there is no sequentiality therefore no past, present and future) but without space, there would be no place for any existence to evolve. And I really can't see how time could have contributed in the creation of space...

Anyway, if you were certain about your beliefs, you wouldn't need anyone to prove or disprove them...

Alexandros

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Ok, you asked for it...

Afro Jesus!

Straight haired, Cris Rock Jesus!

Slave Jesus! (you gotta be kidding me)

Jesus looked more like Osama, then Kid Rock I think.

-Jimmy

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander1111

Actually the universe wouldn't exist if there were no space... Without time it would exist as an eternal and simultaneous "past", "present", "future", (I put those divisions of sequentiality in quotes, because without time, logically there is no sequentiality therefore no past, present and future) but without space, there would be no place for any existence to evolve. And I really can't see how time could have contributed in the creation of space...

Anyway, if you were certain about your beliefs, you wouldn't need anyone to prove or disprove them...

Alexandros

That's my point exactly and the point of this thread, "if you were certain about your beliefs, you wouldn't need anyone to prove or disprove them".

Time existed before BigBang therefore time caused the existence of space.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by mrwupy

You seem to think so MUCH MORE of your opinion than the average Christian's.
Is it because you are so much smarter?

I did not target Christians, I targeted religion.

But if the shoe fits.......

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Why is Jesus white and without a beard in that picture? I've never seen Him clean shaven before lol.

He received one of those Gillette quatrros with four blades in the mail right before Easter weekend.

Sorry but that is not true. Einsteins general relativity (which has proven to 5 decimal places mathematically) demands a beginning to time. Physicist have observed that the universe is expanding as predicted as well. But note it is not that the universe is expanding into empty space. Space Time is expanding.

One thing you are misunderstanding about the big bang is that before the Bang the laws of physics didn't exist yet. Time is only an arbitrary way for man to measure, just like length,width, and height. You might as well worship width then. At least then you could brag about having the "widest" God.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by Ownification
GOD THE CREATOR OF EVIL

“That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside Me. I am the Lord, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I made peace [good], and create evil: I the Lord do all these things” (Isa. 45:6-7).

Again you confuse Gods sovereignty with his desire. God can use evil - even sin - but he doesn't will it or want it - he allows it - but not forever only for now.

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. (Jam 1:13-14)

"of his own lust" NOT Gods will -- get it?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

I don't understand the logic of this statement. It's like saying that since A=B then A=C as well. The conclusion you draw is forced.

The point in believing in God is not in trying to prove his existence using your finite logic and science's theories. Trust me, this is futile. It's personal experience that constitutes God-knowingness...

Alexandros

P.S. Sorry, that was addressed to Ownification's post not Bigwhammy's...

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Alexander1111]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Sorry to disappoint you all but Beer Elves are the creators of absolutely everything - from gods, time, the multiverse to their favourite item (BEER). :w:

It doesn't matter what anyone says, I know that Beer Elves are the true creator beings and are responsible for everything. Beer Elves are eternal, invisible, omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient so If you ever wonder about anything just remember -

Beer Elves did it!!!

Mone the Beer Elves

G

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by shihulud

Praise the BEER ELVES

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification

Originally posted by crmanager
This entire thread will die a slow and painful death.

You are looking to start a fight and few will provide it to an obvious flame thrower.

Being "anti" something is not a discussion. It is childish.

This thread is seriouse dude, don't confuse it as childish because of it's charisma.

Please explain to me which part of the post makes you think it's '"anti" something", also explain which part of the post gives you the indication that I'm looking for a fight.

WTH? Are you so bored or desperate for attention that you would post something so ridiculous? So you don't believe in God, who cares? Do you think anyone on this website cares one iota whether you believe in a God? All I can say is, if this is an example of who will be left in charge in 50 years, thank "GOD" I won't be around.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join