It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My investigations of ghosts in Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Hi, names Frame. I'm a US Marine stationed in beautiful Okinawa, Japan. I've been doing some research to see if there are any actual ghosts that are possibly being sighted in the area and I found a few. If anyone is interested, here are some of the things I found...kind of disappointing though.

Iwakuni – Barracks 1687 Room 301 – A Marine living in that room a few years ago committed suicide. In a drunken rage the Devil Dog broke the mirror in his room and slit his wrists with the broken pieces. From Marines checking in and out of that room since then, late at night if you look at the mirror you can see a Marine staring at you from the mirror.

I've not had the chance to go to Iwakuni, but I do know a few people who are stationed there. I've asked them to check it out, but there is one thing standing in the way: the barracks doesn't exist. Never has. Maybe it's a typo on the site I used, but then again, the story has been passed around alot and the barracks number hasn't changed....weird.

Atsugi Naval Air Base – BEQ 985 – The spirit of a young man is often seen wandering from room to room. Believed to be the ghost of a marine that was killed in a car accident in the 1960’s.

Yet another place I have not had the pleasure of going to. That is because I live on the small island of Okinawa and these two places are on mainland Japan. BUT I do know people stationed there. Living in the barracks even. I've talked to my buddy, who I've known through boot camp and MOS school, says he was on duty one night and kept seeing this guy walking around, but something wasn't right. He figured it was just some drunk guy. He later told me that the DNCO had seen the same guy, as well as every other DNCO and ADNCO that has stood duty in the barracks. I've known my buddy to be honest, so I trust him on that. Once I get the chance to check it out, I'll get more information on it.

Okinawa – Camp Hansen – Gate #3 – Every weekend at night a soldier dressed in WWII gear, with blood all over his fatigues, a cigarette in his hand, and would ask the gate guard the same thing. “Gotta light?” Usually, the MP would light the cigarette for the soldier. As soon as it was lit, the GI would disappear. Update: this gate is closed because of the haunting; they had problems keeping a Japanese Sentry at this gate.

Okinawa – Camp Hansen – Gate #3 (Across the road from) – there was a fierce Samurai battle down that road at one time. They said that at night, you can still hear the moans from the wounded Samurai Warriors, as they lay there dieing.

Ha! Now these two I thought would be easy as pie to figure out being that I live on that base...but friday and saturday nights are pretty tough to give up for something like this...or at least without having a few drinks...er, right, back to the meat. Basically, nothing even happened. I'd hate to say it's false because there are things that point to it being true. I've asked people about gate 3 and get mixed stories of why it was shut down, but then again, most of it is just rumors anyhow. I've talked to some of the Japanese gaurds and they just laugh it off, but make it seem as though something really does happen at the gate. I plan on doing an investigation again, real soon. Only this time I'll take a camera with me, maybe get some surveilance equipment online and put up something to have constant eyes.

Of course many of the building are old and have history behind them, sometime really gruesome. In fact, the barracks I live in may very well be haunted as well. I've had problems many times of things being moved, or misplaced. I tried to blame my roommate, but there are times when it couldn't have been him. I've also talked to a few people in the barracks who have brought up weird experiences. One was that someone had the covers knocked off of them with no one else in the room and doors locked. Another was doors closing and lights shutting off in th lounge. Some can be dismissed as possible pranks by other Marines...but some are likely actual experiences of the paranormal kind.

Granted, I haven't proven anything...yet. But when I do I plan to bring in the proof full force.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Good luck on figuring it out, I cant do it myself but I'll cheer for you

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Lucky you, Echo!

This is slightly off your topic, but... would you mind posting here if, by any chance, you encounter a story about unusual time/space displacement?

Personally I am very interested in such accounts, and have been told by Japanese people about apparently relatively frequent stories of people who suddenly found their everyday - or very familiar - environment "changed" beyond recognition for a time, then changing back into its usual appearance. (Their folklore apparently attributes it to "the Fox".)

Thanks.

And good luck!

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I'll take a look in to it. I know a few locals I can maybe prod for a few stories. Maybe talk to a few people while at the bar getting my drink on.

I meant to throw an update on this, I was talking to some Navy cats who appearently have had paranormal experiences at their housing complex. Mainly the stories involve seeing somebody out of the corner of their eye but when they turn no one is there. Also about noises and feeling presences. One of them was telling me, and this is most likely the biggest lead I have on proof, is one guy telling me that he walks into his two year olds room and she's talking to someone that's not there. He asked his daughter who she's talking to and she said it's her friend, no name though. He said it's happened quite frequent in the year he's been there and possibly dissmissed it as an imaginary friend...aside from the weird things that happen in the house. Things like the noises and seeing something that's not there. Sadly, none of them were able to give me any background on the area, but I *think* it might be around an area that was at one time one of those death camps they sent Koreans and Chinese prisoners to. I'll have to look in to it when I get more info and time.

Oh, and thanks for the luck, I might need it.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Actually those barracks do exist. Whoever your friends are, they are in fact wrong. I am the building manager for those barracks. I have talked to Marines who have investigated this matter and they say it is fact very creepy. No one has seen the figure but they do believe that the room does have an eery feeling to it. So who knows if it is haunted but it is certainly more creepy than any other room

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

im stationed here in atsugi and i hear the same stories. they also said that the tree in the middle of the runway here was never cut due to the lady ghost that dwells in that tree.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Sure ya are! Luckily, here at ATS, we have this handy "Anonymous" posting feature so we can say anything we want without any backup whatsoever.

Durn kids!

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Personally I am very interested in such accounts, and have been told by Japanese people about apparently relatively frequent stories of people who suddenly found their everyday - or very familiar - environment "changed" beyond recognition for a time, then changing back into its usual appearance. (Their folklore apparently attributes it to "the Fox".)

I was sent this article, so I thought of reposting it here.
Unfortunately, it does not deal with the topic of my interest (time/space displacement), but it is relevant to yours, so here it goes:

Travel alert Japan: Beware of Possible Fox Spirit Possession

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Ok, im sorry but this post makes me laugh so hard. I was part of a UDP program with a 53 squadron out of Hawaii in 2003. HMH-363 to be exact. We had control of Barracks 1687, and what was funny about it is that we were so bored being stuck all the way on the north side of base so far away from everything. Anyhow, an ordnance sergeant named Perez, and this Flight Equipment Corporal named Bossart decided it would be funny to post that their room was haunted. So they came up with the whole Marine suicide story and posted it on a website called theshadowlands.net Hope this clears things up for you guys....I only stumbled upon this site by accident, I got out in '06 and googled haunted places, found the shadowlands and wanted to see if the story was still up there. Semper Fi guys.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Seems like youve got the tools and the time document it, that is the part of PI work that counts, the personal history is cool for sure! but EM data EVP's temp multi spectrum photography all needs to be done on sight, and as interested as I am I cant get to Okinawa anytime soon. Thanks for sahring though.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Madea point at night and the ruined castle at Naha.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
if you get the mainland you'll have a field day of paranormal fun. try 'The suicide woods' at the base of mount fuji' (been a hot spot lately) for a good start. I could name thousands of more, but I dont have the time. but my best advise even if you cant get to the mainland is to talk with the older locals about some the island your on's historical history and other local ghost storys.

I found that most older japanese have a great respect for the spirtitual and for the thousands of years of bloody and mystical history that japan has to offer.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Wow, this was an OLD thread. I meant to update this a while back actually, so now that it's resurfaced I'll give it some love.

First off, aircrewgunner, thanks for clearing that up. I've been trying to figure out why there was no such place.

I got a few more accounts about the BEQ in Atsugi, but it's on Mainland where I haven't actually gone at all because of my job. Basically, it's all the same story but some people tend to think it's just themselves letting an urban myth get to them.

The gate at Camp Hansen is wrong. In fact, no gate at a military base is actually haunted. I've sat outside every closed gate for a night from Camp Schwab to Camp Kinser and not a thing did I find. Once I got fed up that none of them produced anything, I did some digging. Turns out most of the gates were closed becuase they were hard to manage by the Japanese sec. guards. Also there was investigations about things being stolen by some of them from the duty huts. I don't really know anymore than that, but I can tell you they're not haunted. BUT I've heard from people that it's not a Marine base that has the haunted gate but the AF base, Kadena. When I inquired about it I got more than I bargained for which includes stories about other places on Kadena. Ugh.

Vanitas- I actually have some information for you. It's from my regiment building. There's a small museum in the building that has things from the battle of Okinawa in it. Mostly from Sugarloaf Hill. There's even the original plaque that was there to commemorate it before the Japanese government replaced it. Never found out why they replaced it. Anyways, I've gotten many accounts that the building is haunted with various stories. But one that stuck out when I read what you were asking for happens in the duty recovery room next to the museum. I've talked to multiple people who have accounts of suddenly waking from sleep in to pitch black darkness(normally some light from street lamps) and the sounds of a firefight. To most people that just sounds like PTSD, but I was curious. So, I was on regimental duty, first time in a while since hearing the stories and decided that I would take a short nap in the duty recovery room which is actually used for the 24/7 building security the camp services Marines provide for what reason I don't know. But sure enough as I'm enjoying a nice little nap I wake up and it's completely black. I can't see a thing when I remember that there was light seeping in from the blinds. And there's was yelling and gun fire and explosions. I couldn't make out any of the yelling, couldn't tell if it was english, japanese or what. I shot up fast jump out of the rack and ran for the door when I realized I could see where I was running to. I stopped, looked around and saw nothing. Just as was told to me by people. I've been wanting to just blame it on my over active imagineation and say it was a dream, but I felt so awake. It was weird.

DrJay- Yeah, Madea Point is one spot that I refuse to go to at night because of the stories I've heard. I WILL NOT, pause for effect GO THERE AT NIGHT! It is way too dangerous and I've had even my Japanese friends tell me the ghosts there are vengeful against american males. I will, however, share this video taken there. It was taken by a Japanese guy who went there with his friends. It's interesting. www.youtube.com...
And the castle...well...I'd rather not tell you the story about that. It's...just a bad story.

I've got a few stories that I will tell, however, I'm tired at the moment and already laid down a wall of text. If you wanna hear what I've experienced since last I updated this, just ask.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Dude please continue with your stories and any experiences you've had, i'm finding them real interesting
you are one lucky guy i'd love to travel around and look for paranormal stuff and follow rumours
keep it up dude

new topics

top topics

join