It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Treasure! Heres the code you break it, millions to be had!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Here is a website with the code and the story of buried treasure buried somewheres in the mountains of Bedford County, Va. The code is supposed to give the precise location of buried gold, silver, and jewels,at any rate it is an interesting read. I myself have spent many hours trying to decipher it. Good Luck!
unmuseum.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Well a little feed back of what you think would be appreciated, some say its a hoax but its not been proven to be thus far, my husband swears its a hoax that the guy made it all up, at any rate anyone else worked on it? You got to keep in mind that in those days books were not as readily available as they are today and that most homes had very few books in them.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
looks like a hoax to me. Maybe there's a new shopping centre opening up at the location coded, once someone deciphers it, 'secretly' tells people, and the word of the location gets round. Could be a very good marketing idea actually!!! Each friend tells 20 of a certain location!

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Intriguing at least...

Might I suggest trying other documents, such as the Preamble to the Constitution, etc. and see if the code then works...???

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Meh, it's obviously a hoax.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
goose, without going to the link you supplied

(and therefore corrupting my memory)...i would point
out that in grade school, we learned of this Beale Chipher, and the treasure that was hidden., somewhere

i believe the cipher #1 was deciphered, which detailed the treasure trove..(was based on the 11th? word of the constitution?)

since then certain events same to pass:

* SS Central America, with gold & silver est +1bil $ on board was sunk off N.Carolina coast, later found...
(i suspect this was the treasure of Beale Cypher)

** The 2nd cypher (never solved) giving the location as
in Virginia....doesn't necessarily mean the State of Virginia, there are other Virginias....like in the Title:
...'Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus'.

~~~^^^~~~

Proposal, goose, since your invested time in this-->
would you be willing to share expenses if an expedition
is launched, upon reviewing my theory as to another possible location of Beale Treasure Trove??...& set up a LLC/LLP[u2u]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Here is a website with the code and the story of buried treasure buried somewheres in the mountains of Bedford County, Va. The code is supposed to give the precise location of buried gold, silver, and jewels,at any rate it is an interesting read. I myself have spent many hours trying to decipher it. Good Luck!
unmuseum.org...
Want to know what I think? I think our leader.. letter writer purposefully made the other 2 letters complete gibberish and made the first decipherable to keep the illusion of keeping his end of the bargain.
I think he then went back to whereever the true location was and took all of the gold and silver for himself and "disappeared"

His NEW name was rockefeller.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugeshotcha
looks like a hoax to me. Maybe there's a new shopping centre opening up at the location coded, once someone deciphers it, 'secretly' tells people, and the word of the location gets round. Could be a very good marketing idea actually!!! Each friend tells 20 of a certain location!

I think that you have been watching too much of the Simpsons lately.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I had heard this was solved, by the Sawyer family, which owned the land it was on.

(still looking for links)

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraffalunas
goose, without going to the link you supplied

(and therefore corrupting my memory)...i would point
out that in grade school, we learned of this Beale Chipher, and the treasure that was hidden., somewhere

i believe the cipher #1 was deciphered, which detailed the treasure trove..(was based on the 11th? word of the constitution?)

since then certain events same to pass:

* SS Central America, with gold & silver est +1bil $ on board was sunk off N.Carolina coast, later found...
(i suspect this was the treasure of Beale Cypher)

** The 2nd cypher (never solved) giving the location as
in Virginia....doesn't necessarily mean the State of Virginia, there are other Virginias....like in the Title:
...'Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus'.

~~~^^^~~~

Proposal, goose, since your invested time in this-->
would you be willing to share expenses if an expedition
is launched, upon reviewing my theory as to another possible location of Beale Treasure Trove??...& set up a LLC/LLP[u2u]

I'm so poor right now I couldn't help finance a trip to Walmart to ride the horse, you know the .50 kind that plugs in. You know you are very right it might not be buried there except in the letter Beale wrote that it had been brought nearby to be buried which really never made sense to me, he also said that a letter would be dispatched in 10 years with the key to the code but he hinted it could be broken without the key and suggested to the tavern owner it would come to him which led me to believe perhaps the letter itself was the key to the code. I've tried to no avail to break it and tend to think it might be a hoax but then there is still a thought it might be real that every once and a while pushes me to try again.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This "treasure" has been on many television programs. Hundreds, even thousands have gone searching for the treasure in Virginia. I live in Northern Virginia, and I know quite a few people who have gone searching for it in the general area it is thought to be in. Still, no one has found it yet. Hoax? Maybe, but I'd invest in a metal detector just because in the Virginia area there are many war artifacts from past wars very close to the surface of the ground. People find relics all the time in this area, it's also very fun to do the searching.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
And, its only a 3 hour drive from where I live.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
yeah i've heard about this. And I live really close. I'm gonna be rich biotch

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Well a little feed back of what you think would be appreciated, some say its a hoax but its not been proven to be thus far, my husband swears its a hoax that the guy made it all up, at any rate anyone else worked on it? You got to keep in mind that in those days books were not as readily available as they are today and that most homes had very few books in them.

I did an engine search on Beale, and the site below claims that the supposed treasure has been found.

bealesolved.tripod.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
My step father has been messing around with that one for years.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truett]

I did an engine search on Beale, and the site below claims that the supposed treasure has been found.

bealesolved.tripod.com...

Wow it looks like it makes sense but I wish they would give the way they broke the code, I'm sure it is a very simple code and when we see how it was deciphered we are all going to just shake our heads with disbelief that we did not get it. Did you see where they said very little treasure was there, it sounds as if some of the original owners came back and got it.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Jonna said:

I think that you have been watching too much of the Simpsons lately.

actually Jonna I was taking the concept from my the some concepts I learned from my university subject of Marketing Priciples and Exchange which i studied last year. I guess that Simpsons episode with the Angel skeleton does somewhat seem similar too.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by goose

I found a site which gives the codes out for free

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
What an interesting story. I just learned about it for the first time as someone bumped this old thread onto the main page of the forum. Here is a link to the page on the above mentioned bedford site that explains how they broke the code.

Check it out!

The site seems to have been significantly updated since this thread was posted in 2004. All of the info is there, including the few artifacts that were found at the location.

It's a great read and another, and to my mind, another example of why ATS is so great.

Have fun!

top topics

join