It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India 2nd largest seller of carbon credits globally,China No.1

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
also a fact is that the US is the #1 poluter in the world , is tearing down its own `offset` to build new roads and doesn`t give a hoot about your childrens children.

That pretty much covers it for me.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
its painfully apparant you failed to read the thread about how the forests are being torn down without so much as a bye-your-leave , in the face of the complaints not only within the US but without and around the entire world so take issue with that if you will ; and the #1 polluter? thats a given FACt and isn`t subject to opinion.

edit:

and the take issue with

is tearing down its own `offset` to build new roads and doesn`t give a hoot about your childrens children

i will type slowly so you actually understand what i put :

the government doesn`t give a damn about your`s or anyone elses children and will do what it wants , when it wants - and its the `average joe` who is left to suffer and pay the ultimate cost in years to come.

[edit on 19/5/08 by Harlequin]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
are you crazy?

China is an environmental nightmare, a new coal power plant opened every week, no filters on them, non-existant safety precautions and emission guidlines for the industry, nothing except unmitigated havoc on environment and people.

just think of the air pollution problem in Beijing, which prompted them to plan indstry shut-downs for the Olympics this year, the vast chemical spill a year and a half ago (iirc), constant news of toxic toys and pharmaceuticals, the list is endless.

even IF they actually reduced CO2 emissions below originally projected rates, i'd rather prefer a sound environmental policy. the CO2 craze will fade away, China's problems otoh, won't, for a long time.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

examples just off the top of my head.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

fact, is fact, China is till a lesser polluter and unlike USA it does not attack poor defenceless nations

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

india has Bharat 3 emission norms which are one of strictrest in thwe world
and were implemented in 200o beginning with bharat 1 .....

your article from hindu is outdated , its of 2000 , its 2008 now

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322

fact, is fact, China is till a lesser polluter and unlike USA it does not attack poor defenceless nations

You should stay on topic...."unlike USA it does not attack poor defenseless nations" has nothing to do with your own thread here.Please stop with that stuff dude it really does not make you look good.I am not attacking you , just offering advice.

China produces a lot more toxic pollution to the world environment than any nation.Most of their rivers are so polluted that if they even stop today; it will take decades to fix.

Here is the list of the 10 most polluted cities in the world if anyone is interested(2007): www.mibazaar.com...
and this one:www.blacksmithinstitute.org...
[edit on 05/16/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. If I am a big company in China or India or wherever I can now funnel millions or billions into these “credits” that fund clean-air projects in poorer nations. But still emit the same if not more pollution because I am offsetting it by investing in so-called clean-air projects? Can someone tell me how this makes any sense at all?

The big companies continue to pollute without recourse from govt or any watch group because they bought enough "carbon credits"? Wonderful

Where do I sign up? Can I buy these carbon credits? I like to pollute to.

What I'm trying o say is this "carbon credits" thing is a big scam.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

China produces a lot more toxic pollution to the world environment than any nation.Most of their rivers are so polluted that if they even stop today; it will take decades to fix.

and thanks to USA carbon emission pollution , we are facing a crisis of global warming and it will lead to rise in sea levels , thus sinking large parts of coastlines in world into ocean and potential death of billions ...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I would like to point out that of the top 10 vehicles sold in the US, none of them is a SUV, trucks yes but no SUVs. I live in the Kansas where trucks are a must for our farmers but many of the trucks are diesel rather than pump gas.

We don't all drive SUVs and I have a family of 6 where I could use one. We decided to get a minivan instead. The SUV myth is getting old and tired some.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

The jury is still out on what is causing global warming....and I am on the fence with the people that beleive we are experiencing a cyclical thing here.How do you explain the other planets in the solar system all experiencing global warming as well at the same time. I highly doubt anyones driving a SUV or any of us (blood thirsty evil war mongering sadistic hate our children and the rest of the world Americans) iare causing, say the planet Neptune to be experiencing it's global warming.Seriously
look into it.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EndOfFile

in the UK , of which that was my reply , owners of the highest CO2 emission vehicles , which *usually* are SUv`s , but also include alot of minivans (renault espace , VW and Ford versions etc) will have to pay the highest vehicle excise licence - or tax disc.

nothing to do with the USA and SUV`s - the price i gave was so those in teh US can understand how much is being paid in tax - maybe i should just have put £481 which is the figure

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Selling carbon credits???

What a bunch of BS. This must be the largest scam ever to show its ugly face upon the Earth. Are these people serious?
The whole idea is totally ludicrous especially since global warming is a sham.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuffsaid420

What I'm trying o say is this "carbon credits" thing is a big scam.

Nothing like global warming indulgences eh?

Notice how it is the rich and powerful (that happen to be pushing the global warming religion) that are the only ones who can afford these carbon credits and be allowed to fly their carbon spewing private jets while the rest of us gets forced to drive little pod cars or bicycles?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

Very interesting articles, and did not even know China is so "green". However when I have time I will come back and check these two surveys out better, because after all, I still believe my country need a lot to improve on pollution.

China did ban the use of free plastic bags in supermarkets, retailers causing thousands of small plastic manufacturers to close the door this year. So efforts are done, yet it is never enough!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

No, they simply flex their military muscles by crushing their own citizens and/or claiming otherwise independent nations as part of the PRC. Let's face a fact here, Tienemen Square made Kent State look like a Girl Scout cookie sale, and if it wasn't for the simple fact that the UK would almost instantly climb right up China's ass alongside the US and probably Australia, China would have absorbed, through force, Taiwan and Vietnam just like they did Tibet long ago.

Also, there's this little gem for you to ruminate on...
www.greendaily.com...

A research team from the University of California reports that while the US can still take pride in being a bigger per capita polluter (USA!USA!USA!), Chinese emissions of CO2 and other greenhouse gases have been underestimated, and probably surpassed those of the US sometime in 2006 or 2007.

Now, are you prepared to continue kissing China's butt and attempting to paint them as some great friend of Mother Earth against the onslaught of the evil Americans, or will this change your tune?

You may also want to break the seal between your lips and India's backside, too.
www.reuters.com...

Sept 13 (Reuters) - China and India's 10 worst pollution blackspots together account for a third of the world's 30 most polluted places, according to a report issued on Wednesday by U.S.-based group the Blacksmith Institute.

I know what you're wondering... "Where are the other 20 most polluted sites located? How many are in the USA so I can continue making wide sweeping statements about how Americans are destroying the globe? What's causin' all this, Nature Boy?" You have questions, I have answers!
services.inquirer.net...

The institute’s list of the 30 worst polluted places in the world follows:

Africa
Kabwe, Zambia
Dandora Dumpsite, Kenya

China
Wanshan, China
Tianying, China
Huaxi, China
Lanzhou, China
Linfen, China
Urumqi, China

Eastern Europe and Central Asia
Chita, Russia
Norilsk, Russia
Rudnaya
Pristan/Dalneg’sk, Russia
Bratsk, Russia
Chernobyl, Ukraine
Mailuu-Suu, Kyrgyzstan
Dzerzhinsk, Russia
Sumgayit, Azerbaijan
Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kazakhstan
Magnitogorsk, Russia

Latin America and the Caribbean
Huancav’lca Peru
La Oroya, Peru
Haina, Dominican Republic
Oriente, Ecuador
Mexico City, Mexico
Matanza-Riachuelo, River Basin, Argentina

South Asia
Sukinda, India
Hazarib’g, Bangladesh
Ranipet, India
Mahad Industrial Estate, India
Vapi, Gujarat, India

Southeast Asia
Meycauayan City and Marilao, Philippines

Look at that! Not a single US site made the top 30! How can this be? Your entire argument was just decimated, my friend. America may be a heavy polluter, but when it comes to flat out rendering huge stretches of land unihabitable due to pollution caused by the running of the big dogs like China and India, we Americans stay on the porch.

EDIT: I just realized I unintentionally stepped on "CaptGizmo's" post. If I had read the entire thread instead of posting my reply immediately after I read this manson's post, I'd have noticed this information was already up here. Sorry about that.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by burdman30ott6]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Excellent post.

I always knew that other major economies (China & India) were so corrupted that any official data on their pollution output would have been doctored.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If 98 percent of Indians didn't live in the Iron Age they'd be much higher up there, same with China only 56 percent. Point being, with the benefits of low wages and a booming economy through legally stealing our jobs they have to deal with the environmental consequences. Hope they enjoy drowning in PCBs and heavy metals till they're depopulated.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

First of all, I have to emphasize that I am not here to defend China's pollutions record. Because I might be one of the first to acknowledge how severe this problem is, and that we need to also execute many environmental policies to maintain a sustainable long term economic and social development. This execution is delayed or non-existing because of the lack of incentives and long-term oriented mindsets of many corrupted local officials.

However, I do frown my eyes when I look at that list of Chinese cities.

Wanshan, China
Tianying, China
Huaxi, China
Lanzhou, China
Linfen, China
Urumqi, China

I bet I can name up more towns and cities or regions which is much more polluted.

I still feel China is missing a golden opportunity in introducing and using newer and greener technologies to develop our country instead of walking the same polluting industrial path as the developed countries.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

USA=no.1 imperialist
USA= behaves like a spoilt brat
USA=loves to loot and steal other countries resources.

I cant believe that I used to respect you, now your creditably with me has been flush down the toilet. I now see you are really a hater and love stereotyping Americans. Love dwelling on anything anti-American.

Lets see,
China has well over a billion people, allot of them are getting cars to drive.
India has close or over a billion people, most have or getting cars to drive.
America has 300 million people, most of them have cars.

Billion cars that pollutes the air compare to America's 300 million cars.
Yes American made cars pollute more, but billion smaller cars all together will do the same damage. Also hows this Americas fault when India gets in 2nd place? Please stop blame all your problems on America like many people around the world do for the problems themselves made.

[edit on 5/19/08 by Files]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Just goes to show how easily brain-washable the people of China appear to be... I won't include India there, since 6-7% is not is not even comparable to 73%.

Why I say "brain-wahable"? Global warming
Gimme a break... give us all a break... I wish I could win the Noble Prize and a million bucks for a big fat lie... shut your pie-hole, Al.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join