It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama - that 'whitey' tape

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Read here

Rumor around the internet is that Karl Rove has a copy of a tape that was taken at Obama's Church. The tape shows Michelle Obama chatting it up with Uncle Wright ... and both badmouthing whites in general and both are using racial slurs against white people ... 'whitey'.

It's not an official church tape. I guess it's something like the 'bitter-gate' tape that came out. Someone with a video cell phone or personal recorder caught it.

Rumor has it that Karl Rove is showing this tape to GOP money people in an effort to get donations from them for John McCain. It's a 'see, we can win because the Obama's are racists' thing. The plan is to show this to America around August or September.

That's the rumor.

Considering both Uncle WRight and Michelle Obama's track record when it comes to racism (read her college thesis!) against white people .. I don't doubt that there could really be a tape.

Then again, it could all be a rumor.

But I wouldn't doubt it if there was one - considering the players and all.

AND allegedly there is a ONE MILLION DOLLAR reward being offered by some democrat group for an advanced copy of the tape in order for them to start damage control now.

Just FYI.

[edit on 5/18/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
First, as Karl Rove is a notorious dirty hack, who even his own party can't stand, and as he is likely to be indicted for refusing to testify before Congress, he is hardly a reputable source.

Second, I wonder how you would respond if we attempted to slander, smear and misrepresent your spouse just because we don't like your politics? I am quite sure you would be indignant and take action. I am quite sure you would maintain that his/her life should be off limits in a civilized society.

I think it's curious that, until Michelle Obama, few spouses of candidates or political figures have had to endure such criticism and speculation beyond what are their favorite recipes and charities.

Seems kind of racist that the first black potential first lady has to put up with such crap.

I think this sort of post is beneath the standards of ATS and brings this forum down - Deny Ignorance.

[edit on 18/5/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a million dollars. I find it a bit saddening these are the people we put our trust in to run our countries and it becomes more about finding dirt on each other than working on policies to improve living standards for people round the world. Race shouldn't even be a concern the only concern should be who do you believe to be the best person for the job. Im not American so i haven't a clue who is the popular vote or why they are, i just hope people dont vote against obama because of his colour just as a hope people dont vote for him because of it.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I think it's curious that, until Michelle Obama, few spouses of candidates or political figures have had to endure such criticism and speculation beyond what are their favorite recipes and charities.

Seems kind of racist that the first black potential first lady has to put up with such crap.

Uhhh....I believe Hillary put up with plenty of criticism before she became first lady. Of course that was okay cause it wasn't "racist" right?

March 26, 1992
Correspondent: Jackie Judd
Anchor: Ted Koppel

HILLARY CLINTON: I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas, but what I decided to do was to fulfill my profession which I entered before my husband was in public life.

KOPPEL (VO): Tonight, we'll look at what has become one of the hot issues in the presidential campaign, the candidate's wife, in this case, Hillary Clinton.

JUDD (VO): Never mind that Clinton went on to say feminism means the right to choose work, or home, or both; the damage had been done. She'd been tagged an elitist and an ultra - feminist.

www.pbs.org...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

First, as Karl Rove is a notorious dirty hack,

He's a BRILLIANT notorious dirty player .. but no hack.

I wonder how you would respond if we attempted to slander, smear and misrepresent your spouse ...

And how exactly is reporting that there is a RUMOR of a tape ... and calling it a RUMOR ... 'slander, smear, and misrepresentation'??

until Michelle Obama,

Hillary got nailed. She was very active in her husband's career.

edited to add - and then there was 'Terry Kerry'. John Kerry's wife was
an idiot and she got nailed up and down ... here too.

So is Michelle. Oh .. and recent spouses weren't big mouthed RACISTS
which attracted attention to themselves.

I think this sort of post is beneath the standards of ATS and brings this forum down

No surprise.

As you say - Deny Ignorance.
I'm reporting a rumor and calling it such.
I'm reporting the facts as we know it at the moment.
It'll either be debunked in the coming months - or verified.
Dirty tricks - or exposing a racist first-lady wannabe.
At the moment .. it's just information on what is giong on.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Umm...I said "few.

And they didn't try to swiftboat Hillary with character assassination and a smear campaign. They merely highlighted her feminist outlook - which she was proud to claim - in a effort to horrify conservative housewives and their hubbies.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by R-evolve
a million dollars.

Yes, a million dollars is the rumor. But I have no idea to whom exactly you are supposed to send the (alleged) copy to. The Obama campaign?

Like I said - it's a rumor.

I'm reporting .. you decide.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Then you won't mind if the Mod's move it to Skunkworks? Or, if you prefer, we could start a new forum - FlyersFan's Non-Stop Obamathon.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Then you won't mind if the Mod's move it to Skunkwork?

Oh gosh, I don't care. They can put it where ever they want.
I just put it here because it was political in nature.
Doesn't matter to me which forum.

Lets debunk .. or verify .... (if possible)

Or, if you prefer, we could start a new forum - FlyerFan's Non-Stop Obamathon.

That's be fun.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Call me racist if you feel the need, but IMO, Michelle Obama is the stereotypical angry black woman.

If such a tape exists, no one should be surprised.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Another bash Obama thread coming from Flyersfan. How wonderful.

Should I point you in the direction of Hillary and McCain's racism?

McCain called all Vietnamese people gooks, but I'm sure you give no notice to that because you're not Vietnamese.

Pretty convenient to look one way at some racism, then get all hot and bothered about another.

Biased much?

I have made countless posts about how all 3 of them are tools of the elite, but the McCains and Clintons worry me the most.

We don't have any good choices, face the facts.

McCain is going to continue with Bush's failed policies, Hillary is Bush Lite, and Obama is something else that I haven't yet decided on how to classify.

[edit on 5/18/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Another bash Obama thread coming from Flyersfan. How wonderful.

Another attempt to deflect from the subject at hand and make it about me. How wonderful.

Should I point you in the direction of Hillary and McCain's racism?

Please do. Start the threads. You can add them to the threads I had that talked about McCain's Keating Five, and his corruption with Peabody Oil.

but I'm sure you give no notice to that.

:shk: You assume too much. I didn't know about it .. but please feel free to start a thread and educate all of us on it.

I have made countless posts about how all 3 of them are tools of the elite,

And I have made countless posts about how all three of them are CFR as well as corrupt liars.

We don't have any good choices, face the facts.

Already did. You are preaching to the choir.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Lets just imagine that Cindy McCain or Hillary Clinton wrote the following in thesis at an Ivy League University.

“Earlier in my college career, there is no doubt in my mind that as a member of the White community I was somehow obligated to this community and would utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit this community first and foremost. My experiences at Princeton have made me far more aware of my “Whiteness” than ever before."

“With the increasing integration of Blacks into the mainstream society, many ‘integrated whites’ have lost touch with the White culture in their attempts to become adjusted and comfortable in their new culture—the Black culture. Some of these Whites are no longer able to enjoy the qualities which make White culture so unique or are unable to openly share their culture with other Whites because they have become so far removed from these experiences and, in some instances, ashamed of them as a result of their integration.”

(Above is a parody on the thesis written by Michelle Obama located
here "http://www.politico.com/pdf/080222_MOPrincetonThesis_1-251.pdf" )

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Geez, what Obama colored goggles do you keep wearing?
How can it be bash Obama if these rumors turn out tio be true?

Given Ms Obama's record for her anti white tyraids makes this very plausible. This is October surprise type material. But of course because Rove's name is tied to it, libs are sure to cry foul to and the media will do their thang.

I think Michelle Obama should change her name to Yoko.

If Obama gets elected, Michelle will do what she can to have the White House renamed to the Black House.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The questions are this - (and at this point, some can't be answered)

1 - Is this true? Is there a tape that exposes Michelle Obama's racism? Is there a tape that shows her yakking it up informally with Uncle Wright and with them blasting 'whitey' (using that word)?

2 - Is this rumor made up by the Republicans? You know - along the same lines as the 'Black McCain Baby' rumor that Bush43 made up about McCain in 2000?

3 - If you had the tape, would you turn it in to Obama's party for the million dollar reward, or would you be sure that it got played on the news and the truth of the racism of the Obamas was exposed?

4 - Side question - if, instead, there was a tape of Cindy McCain that showed her bashing blacks and calling them the 'n' word, would you turn it in to the republicans for one million dollars, or would you be sure to get it on the news and expose the racism of the McCains?

5 - If there is a tape and the republicans are holding it until Obama is the nominee - when it comes out will the MSM expose the truth on the tape or will they white-wash it (pardon the pun) and ignore it. (my bet is that MSNBC would definately white wash it - Chris Williams is an Obama shill)

6 - Could this rumor be totally false and could it have been started by someone with an entirely different agenda?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I hope it's true. The Obamas need to be exposed.

Perhaps this is how Karl Rove will redeem himself.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Flyersfan, to answer your questions (in my opinion of course):

1). We don't know if its true or not. As the source is KARL ROVE, the neo-con poster child, I would tend to not believe it. That's like trusting Ted Kennedy for information on the republicans. We both know it'll be biased as #.

The tape probably doesn't exist. Just another scare tactic by the republican party. They're honestly afraid of losing the 2008 election, which so far looks to be coming true.

I highly doubt she would be that stupid to call any class/race of people derogatory terms, especially this close to election day.

P.S. Anyone who is insulted by whitey needs to get out more

2). I'd say yes. Whatever happened to that black baby anyway? Now that McCain is trying to steal Bush's evangelical vote, I wouldn't be surprised McCain starts to kiss Bush's ass (well its already started, but that's another story altogether I guess).

3). If it were true, I would turn it in, not for the reward, but so the truth would be known.

As it is not true in all likelihood, I would not submit the 'hoax' tape that is being forwarded. I don't want to see some dubbed version of Malcolm X's manifesto with Reverend Wright and Mrs. Obama photoshopped into it.

With that being said, it is our duty, as independent journalists (dare I call us journalists
) to expose any kind of hatred put forth by our politicians.

McCain is a racist. That's pretty clear. Check the link I posted above about his gook comment.

Hillary is probably also, and it is quite possible that so is Obama.

Possible, not probable.

4). I already sort of answered this question...I would turn the video in to the media for truth's sake, not to get rich quick.

5). Yes that is possible, but there is no proof this video exists nor it being real.

We all can fake a video these days. Look at all those planet x ones on youtube

6). A vehement YES.

Look who this story is coming from, Karl Rove aka Bush's brain. There's no way this isn't politically motivated.

If he actually cared about the truth, he wouldn't have lied about Iraq...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by biggie smalls

Geez, what Obama colored goggles do you keep wearing?

I'm not wearing the glasses, but the kool aid is mighty tasty. You ought to try it some time.

How can it be bash Obama if these rumors turn out tio be true?

Key word being IF. At this point all we have is hearsay from Karl Rove, whom is one of the most untrustworthy politicians in Washington. Wow, did I just call Karl a politician...I mean hack.

Given Ms Obama's record for her anti white tyraids makes this very plausible. This is October surprise type material. But of course because Rove's name is tied to it, libs are sure to cry foul to and the media will do their thang.

Ah yes those damn libs. Why is this always a partisan issue?

I'm not liberal or conservative, in fact I despise both sides. I look at both parties/viewpoints in disgust and awe. When it comes down to definitions, I'd consider myself a libertarian anti-government fanatic who despises politicians from both sides of the aisle.

But go ahead and keep calling me a lib (I assume it was me you were talking about, if not, I apologize) you're very far from the truth.

I think Michelle Obama should change her name to Yoko.

Right. And McCain should change his first name to Juan as he was born in Panama.

If Obama gets elected, Michelle will do what she can to have the White House renamed to the Black House.

Nice covert racism bud. I'm digging it.

[edit on 5/18/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
I hope it's true. The Obamas need to be exposed.

Doubtful and you know it my friend.

Perhaps this is how Karl Rove will redeem himself.

Karl Rove has a seat reserved for him in hell next to his buddy Paul Wolfowitz.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Doubtful and you know it my friend.

I don't know it. But I do know naivety when I see it.

Karl Rove has a seat reserved for him in hell next to his buddy Paul Wolfowitz.

No-one is going to hell! God loves unconditionally.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join