It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where do you sit?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
so in a movie theatre, where do you usually sit and why? where do you like sitting the least?

i either go for top center if i can. if i sit too close i feel as if i can't see all the movie. also, i'm paranoid of people behind me throwing crap. if i can't get that i'll go for the direct middle of the theatre, that's good too. if i can't get either of those i'll sit anywhere.

i can't stand being in the first few rows though. it always hurts my neck by the end, but it's really hard to see everything. the only good thing is the guard rail in front for a footrest.

what about you?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You should not be afraid of people throwing crap at you. Sit where you want. Its your 9 bucks. Kick ass and get comfy. I sit back left aile. I dont know why but I just do.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I usually sit by some girls that appear to be dateless.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I usually sit by some girls that appear to be dateless.

good stuff.
I think it depends on who you are with, girlfriend yuo sit in the both, parents sit in the front where no one can see your face and by you self or with friend you sit in the back seat with alot of popcorn for throwing.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I sit on a seat like most people.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I try to sit in the middle of a row...in the middle of the theatre.

Hate sitting up close which hurts your eyes and puts a crink in your neck, not to mention its like you're almost looking up the actors nose...

Too far back and ya kinda miss that 'big screen' feel...

Prefer to sit in the middle coz I'm a huge bastard...and hate people crashing into my legs as they walk in and out of the row:bash:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I sit in the middle seat of the middle row.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
you know what i hate the most is when the movie theater is so packed you can only find one seat tha tis alone and your with like 5 other people and you have to split up. Thats why I don't see popular movies in the theater anymore.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
middel left or right hand side get a good view of the screen and you can put your feet n stuff on the ledge

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Your rich enough to go to the movies

I wait for it to come out on DVD and watch my big screen

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
yea and after ive watched it i buy the dvd and watch it on my 28" surround in my ikea lazy chair

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Your rich enough to go to the movies

I wait for it to come out on DVD and watch my big screen

Me too! I've probably watched a total of 3 movies at the theater within the last 3 years. I tend to sit mid-center.

Many years ago.......A co-worker and I decided to watch a movie at the same time as these little peckerheads. They were tossing popcorn and whatnot in our direction. My friend chunked a large coke back at them. Ah, them were the good ole days. ::takes a moment to remember::

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebeagle
You should not be afraid of people throwing crap at you. Sit where you want. Its your 9 bucks. Kick ass and get comfy. I sit back left aile. I dont know why but I just do.

movies are nine bucks? #, i thought 5.50 was expensive... and i go to movies all the time. usually two or three a month, if something good is out.

and i have plenty of dvd's and vhs's to watch when i'm not at the movies... no big screen though.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
yeah I know! It shocked me when I first moved to NYC. Now I usually dont go to see movies unless I really think I will enjoy it. The strangest thing is that in my hometown there is a dollar theater. They dont get new releases but as soon as something comes out on dvd it is in their theater. Hell, I'll go see it on their big screen than rent rent it for a higher price at ballbuster video.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The theatre I go to is pretty nice, reclining seats, drink holders in the armrests, etc. However, there are about 4 to 6 seats, that are about 4 rows back from the screen, and they are usually pretty centered, and have a railing in front (as they are raised for the aisle right in front of the row.) The rail is a great place to put the feet, so I usually try and snag these few seats... Any time I go to the movies, it's usually about 6 or so of us..

It's the best seat in the house...

There's two more theatres I go to that are cool....

1. It's a little more (about $12), but it's an adult only section of the theatre showing the same first run movies, so you don't have to listen to kids. Also, you have a little table, and can order drinks and some snacks, etc...pretty damn cool....

2. The other is a cinema draft house...second run movies, and little selection, but cheap ($3 a ticket), but when one I missed plays, it's a great thing. We can order real food, drinks, and relax while watching a flick...

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I like to sit slap bang in the middle if possible, or where ever the biggest space is with no-one around me, although I can bet that there will always be a 7' giant that will plonk them selves right down in front of me wherever I sit.
I will never ever sit in the front row ever since I went to see Grease when I was about 7 I think. I don't know if it was because I was at the front or because I was so into the film that I didn't blink , but the next day I couldn't even open my eyes because they were so sore!

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Normally top center, but sometimes about half way up, in the center. I can't stand sitting in the first few rows, either.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I usualy go to the middle of the theater. But it depends on where I go. The Cinemark has the seats rise as you go up the aisle, so it really does'nt matter. But in normal the 5th row middle seat is the best for me.

I hate the very last row, and the first 2 rows. With the back its hard to see at certain theaters, and it strains the eyes for the front two, have to look up more.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I've been to our new theaters twice and I'll never go back. Even in the very back row it is TOO close, too loud and way too expensive. (9.50 I think it is now)

We have some cheapie cinemas where it's only 2.50 for what ever you want. Not new releases though, they are a few weeks or more old. It a smaller screen but I really enjoy it.

Down at KY there is a cheap cinema. New releases, smaller screens but we bought 2 adult tickets, 1 child ticket, 1 medium popcorn and 1 small drink and the grand total was only 13.00!! Can't pass up a deal that good.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
upper middle, best view ever

top topics

<<   2 >>

join