It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophetic Dreaming: Is there a way to enhance or refine your ability to do so?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So, as the thread title suggests, is there a way to enhance or refine the prophetic dream experience? Is there a way to realise at the time that what you have dreamt is in some way incredibly meaningful and in some cases prophetic?

I ask because dreaming has always been an event for me. For as long as I've known, I've always been able to recall my dreams in vivid detail (I can remember dreams from 18 or 19 years ago, like i dreamt them a week ago), I have always been able to lucid dream, however more recently my dreams have had a greater feeling of deapth and meaning, and in some cases have had element of "seeing the future". Not on a great scale of "The world will end in xxx amount of time" or anything like that, but on little things, that are relevant to my day to day life... my most recent experience for example:

In early December, I had a very vivid dream, where I was at work (I'm front office manager @ a Motel, the GM's live in a residence upstairs). Work is going as per usual, when all of a sudden my bosses start walking down the stair case with all of their belongings and large packing boxes.
I ask Amelia what she is doing, and she explains to me that they are moving out of the upstairs apartment and back to Geelong, and can I please help them. So I stop what I am doing, and give them a hand moving bits and pieces into the truck. Tom then explained that I would be moving in upstairs, and showed me where my dog Ruby could sleep etc. I watch them drive off down the road, and then realise that they have left us (the staff) all alone at the Motel, and there is a general feeling of unease in the building.

When I awoke, I knew the dream meant something, as the emotions were quite strong, and the memory of the dream stayed with me for many many days.. replaying like a movie whenever I was left alone with my own thoughts.

About a week later, the female staff were having a lunch together down at the pub as a Christmas break up, and the topic of dreams came up. I said to Amelia that I'd had a dream about her and Tom, and gave her a brief version of what the dream was about. She just blanked me, which was strange, as she would normally be quite interested and ask lots of questions.

The following week, before I went on holidays, I had a meeting with Tom and Amelia. they sat me down and told me that the Freehold owners had put the Motel on the market, and they had decided to sell the lease as well, but were planning on purchasing a lease on a Geelong Motel, and they wanted me to move to Geelong and work for them there. Amelia then added that her and Tom had purchased a house in Geelong, and would be living there, but would like me to move into the managers apartment in Geelong.
She asked me if I really had the dream I told her about, because it freaked her out that it was so accurate to what was happening in "real life".

Has anyone else had similar experiences "on the small scale" so to speak?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Interesting. I've has two prophetic dreams that I remember that were verbatim with reality. So besides just finding out a technique for increasing prophetic dreams, it would be especially cool if someone could tell us how to have these types of dreams in specific.

My intuition comes and goes. When I got my last girlfriend this winter it was really strong and gradually petered out as we dated for longer. But the first prophetic dreams I can remember having I was just starting to take a course of melatonin and Wellbutrin and Remeron. I was going through a very big transition in life where I even ended up homeless so I just figured the dreams were related to my survival instinct. In one of them I met this one girl I had had a crush on at night in the city. I remembered especially her pale face and hair from the dream. Anyways, my friends and I went to the downtown core to drink for the night, and I meet this chick and one of her friends whom I know. I had a short conversation with her and bummed a smoke off of her.

The second was just me standing at a certain intersection and I remembered the pattern of the clouds, which would alert me to when this event would happen in real life. This one eventually happened. A friend and I were hitchhiking around the county and sat at this intersection while we figured out what we wanted to do.

The thing about whenever I have a prescient dream is that I remember them when I awake and I "look" for them so to speak. That is, I anticipate them. Some of them I don't remember until I'm in the moment, and these ones are usually more akin to deja vu.

The only thing I can think of that I started consciously doing to have these was start really delving into my subconscious and trying to observe people's behaviour to understand their's.

I also have dreams where I fly. It started where I dreamed I was on a hang glider or something else catching an updraft. But now I have ones where all I have to do to fly is "repel" myself from the earth. It feels kind of like flexing a phantom muscle. Like the gravity in the dream is an extension of myself.

I'll just say that the human mind can do strange, almost magic things but I think it all has to do with parts of it (features if you will) we don't understand. I've never been able to consistently apply my psychic abilities and lucid dreaming. It just comes when it comes. I find it happens more often when I'm in a transition period.

The vast majority of my dreams are lame and I'm in school
. Usually they just represent my insecurities. I always dream in full colour and in first person. I've had a couple dreams that were in third person but that was rare. Also, I can go into sleep paralysis if I leave the radio on, go to sleep and then wake up sometimes. It scares the hell out of me and I never have the sense to go with it.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Merle8]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
That's exactly what I was thinking.
When ever I have had dreams they have always been about events that don't really have much to do with me personally or people I expecially care about.

It would be great if we could train ourselves to dream or see about ourselves, friends or loved ones & spcific events we need guidance on.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Stalactite

I personally find this subject very intriguing. I feel that I have always had phophetic dreams. Just tonight, during a very short nap, I dreamed about a man coming to my desk at the hotel and asking if I would cut his and his child's hair. In the dream I laughed and told him that was a riduclous thing to ask me, and reffered him to a nearby shop. Well, I wasn't at work 10 hot running minutes tonight (for real, not dreaming this part) and tada! Up walks a man who asks me if I can tell him where they might get a haircut at this hour, and kidded that if they weren't open he might have to get me to cut their hair! Inside , I laugh and take pride in this accomplishment. I don't tell people that I dreamed this or anything like that. But to me, I know it is something special. On a larger and more important scale though I have dreams that involve catastrophe, disaster, death, birth, and I fly a lot in my dreams. I have dreams that are like chapters too, like a series of dreams about the same thing, all dreamt in succesion until the story is told. But I have always wondered it there is a way to change things in the dream, why I can never see myself, I don't seem to have a body, and can I control where I go or who or what I dream about. That would be awesome.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
That's what I'm talking about!

Do you laugh it off as a coincidence or accept it as something more? Did you feel particularly aware after that dream or did it hang around with you during the day before you started work?

I have never had a dream about me flying weather it be superman style or in a plane. The only air-related dream I have ever had was where I was planning on going on a trip and sitting in the plane waiting for it to take off, when my Nan came and got me and said I wouldn't be flying today, it wasn't right. - A week later my Nan died and I had to cancel a trip I was planning on taking (and yes, I was going to fly there!)

A question for people who have prophetic dreams - do you find that in general you have a really good sense of intuition about certain people and events, and a general feeling of heightened awareness?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I had a very vivid dream where I was watching television and there was a shot of a horse and jockey. I knew in my dream that the horse had just won a race and on the screen in big bold letters was the horses name. Now I never backed horses but when I woke I felt the dream was significant so I checked the sports pages in the news-paper and low and behold. Needless to say I put a bet on the horse and in came in first at odds of 25-1. I was well pleased.
I read somewhere that forms of communication, ie, television, radio telephone are significant, that its a message, (communication) from our subconscious.
I've had a few prophetic dreams that seem to be on a personnel scale and usually beneficial.
I have no idea how to harness this ability, but I'll be keeping a check on this thread to see if I can pick up some tips. Great thread.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
There is a good source of information in mankinds history on the subject. Even though you may be an atheist now, read the Torah/OT. Dreamvisions were common among OT prophets and it's written in great detail there (read the OT, not the christian NT "expansion pack" were such things seem to be almost lacking completely).

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I should have answered this in my other reply, sorry. Well I would definitely say that I have a 'sense' that some dreams mean something, a gut feeling I guess. I have a couple of dream interpretation books, but I sometimes wonder where the authors get their information from so I usually try and figure out any hidden meaning myself.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Hi Ashflash,

I have several dream interpretation books also, and find that it is only rarely that they "decypher" a dream in a way that is relevant to me. In some cases the books interpret the same symbols word for word despite being by different authors and publishers. I under the impression for some reason that dream interpretations arise from a survey of many many people, what they dream of, and all the issues they have in their lives - however I could be (and probably am) wrong on this.

The fact that you felt that your horse dream was significant is of interest to me, as this is how I feel after I have had a "prophetic" dream. Was your horse dream in anyway lucid?

Could the whole "prophetic dream" phenomenon be written off as the person being incredibly "switched on" and intuitive about their current situation?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I used to think it was just coincidence, but that was when I was very very young. It has been like this all my life and yes, I do feel that I have a great sense of 'knowing' people when I meet them, or even standing in line behind a person in the store, I can just kind of read them and tell what kind of person they are, or see it in their eyes. I tend to brush off a lot of people, because of that. As to the dream I had today before work, it was literally minutes before coming in that I dreamed this. I had taken a nap before work, and I work 3rd, so I jumped up, brushed the teeth and hair and went to work.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Just wanted to tell ya'll about this incident too: I don't play the lottery often, I only started trying after I was ( I know this is going to sounds nuts but it is absolutely true) watching a solar eclipse. I looked at the sun and was blinded for a moment, then I saw a 3 digit number, 711. It was so profound to me that I could not stop thinking about the number, I called my mom becuase that happened to be her birthday and I told her about it, she was kidding and say I should play it on the lottery. I did, and I won. I still am not intrigued enough to try to come up with numbers to play all the time, but, last year I kept 'seeing' the number 666, everywhere! Car tags, my food order total, reciept from the gas company was number 666, change from the gas bill was 666, I once again thought it meant to play it, and this time I played it 10 times, a dollar a play. I won. $5000.00! The other day I woke and had a number on my mind, it is the first time that has happened since the 666 day, the number was 714, I didn't play it, but it did hit.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
You could almost say that those numbers were being sent to you somehow!

I have a great sense of 'knowing' people when I meet them, or even standing in line behind a person in the store, I can just kind of read them and tell what kind of person they are, or see it in their eyes. I tend to brush off a lot of people, because of that.

I feel the same way - and it can often be quite draining because my job is to deal with people every day. I seem to respond subconsciously to the energy (be is negative or positive) that they put out. Sometimes it only takes one 30 second interaction with a person to either ruin or make my day.

On two or three occasions when I have dreamt of work (work dreams occur at least once a week - whereby my dream will just be a non eventful shift at work) I have dreamt of specific guests only to have them come to stay at the motel a few days later.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Hi Stalactite, how are you
Well, to answer your question about my horse dream being lucid, I have to say no. I have had a number of lucid dreams, so know the difference. My dream was just very clear and if I remember, it occurred just before I awoke, whether this is significant I'm not sure.
I also dreamed I was in a telephone box and 'felt' six numbers, if you know what I mean by 'felt'. Anyhow, when I awoke, I could only recall four of the numbers, so I played those numbers on the lottery, the next day, and they all came up. If only I could have remembered the other two numbers.... bummer!
I'm pointing out here that I believe what I said previously about forms of communication, telephone, television etc, being important. If ever I dream about any type of communication, I sit up and listen. However, saying that, I once dreamed I was sitting in a bingo hall with three winning envelopes on my table, wow this was a real gamble because I was very hard up, but the dream did 'feel' right, so I went to play bingo and won three times, so the envelopes seemed significant, again, another form of communication. I would like to point out that I don't have a gambling problem, lol. I play the lottery, occasionally play bingo and never back horses, though if I dreamed a winner, then yes, I would definitely play.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Hay Ashflash,
I'm good - procrastinating from doing laundry - ATS is good for that!

It's very interesting what you said about communication. I have never really taken much notice of forms of communication other than speech in my dreams.

I have decided to start a dream dictionary of sorts.. and detail how tired I am, how I feel & what I've eaten before bed etc, the actual dream and how I feel after I wake up, and then from time to time check up on it and see how it compares to what's going on in "real life"...

Maybe a pattern will emerge somewhere!?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hello Stalactite, I really appreciate you posting this on here, it's so unusual that you'd pick this week of all times because I just came back to ATS after a long hiatus basically due to divorce and lack of funds to buy my own new computer... Anyway, thanks, and heck yes, I've been having prophetic dreams since my eyes were opened when I turned 16.. I don't know why that age but basically I became aware of many many things and since then I have always had prophetic and Deja_vu dreams. Most if not all of them come true at one point or another and it's amazing to see how many are during life changing events and now a days, as I get them I take note to write them down to remember every detail. I hope you have the same kinds of dreams, mine are basically always something that I should remember to make sure I get the point of why I'm there at that time.. To me they are just little sign posts that I use to get ahead in my own life because as I said, they always point out a significant event in my life..It is amazing that your's are so vivid, mine aren't always but they are always at the point at where I am SUPPOSED TO be paying full attention so I don't miss out on why I'm there and what's going to happen next..Good luck with your's and I wish you many many happy prophetic dreams in the future..

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Good idea Stalactite. I've kept meaning to make up a dream dictionary and I guess this thread is that little push I needed. So starting to-night.
Anyway, you originally asked if there was a way to harness prophetic dreams and honestly, I can't say I'd know, but, and this is a good but, why not take it a step further. Let me explain.
When I joined ATS it was because I was having wakeful visions. I discovered this ability by chance. It began last year, I was in bed, ready to sleep and when I closed my eyes, I noticed light shapes. I watched them, with eyes closed, then after about ten minutes it was like I'd been transported to the country and I was looking at a really beautiful country scene, very detailed and very clear. I was so shocked that I physically jumped and wollop, I was back. That was enough for me to make an effort each night, watching the light shapes and waiting for something to 'show'. Alot of times I fell asleep, but a number of times stuff would just materialise before me and the good thing was I could always verify it, either by 'it' being mentioned on the news or by experiencing the vision in my personnel life. There really is very little effort in this. I know there are certain rules that apply to me and these are: To completely relax and be comfortable, being cosy in bed works for me. No distractions, eyes closed and don't think about anything, that's the hard bit, but perseverance pays off and with practice you learn to keep thoughts out of your head. See what you can see when your eyes are closed. Like I said, with me, it is light shapes, kalidascope type, moving changing then bang, a vision. I hope you'll give it a whirl and let me know how it pans with you. I'm not a gloom and doom seeker. My visions have been mostly just informative of news. No earthquakes etc I'm glad to say. If your all interested I'll give the details of some stuff I've seen, but it'll have to be in a while as I'm cooking dinner at the mo' between laundry that is, oh how I love Sunday, the day of rest, yeah right.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wierd when i close my eyes hard enough i get a wierd kaldascope thing but i dont think i actually close them long enough as i actually do this sometimes in a really boring lesson
I have had a few prophetic dreams which have come true but its really just random with me i only remember it when its happened but sometimes i know what will happen next in just petty little things in life. Does anyone know how to like get these dreams more often or what you may doto make them happen more often

[edit on 19-5-2008 by welsh alien]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Hmm....the thought that you could use enhanced dreaming to kind of persay, predict the future, then you would probably not believe them at first until it happened many times over. There have been many people that they had dreams about 9/11 before it happened, anyhow the thought that you could enhance your ability to predict the future through dreams. This has happend many time in my 15 years of dreaming and I woudl like to believe that you can control the ability to do so.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
To improve your prohetic abilities, simply learn to hear correctly from the Lord of Prophecy, and give exactly what He tells you.

You have to give to get, because true prophets never stray from what they get, not what they make up. False prophets compromise for advanatage and yet their prophecies fail because man can not know the future. A few obvious quesses, but comples exact prophecies only come from the Lord of Lords. hence how do you get better, give exactly what you get and be exactly FAITHFUL.

IMO

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I flew back from new zealand to perth wa, after a big day/night I fell into bed exhausted.During the night I dreamt I was on a small comuter plane, twenty people tops.The plane was white, and had very colourful stripes, In the dream I boarded this plane, with others.There were two pilots as well.During this "flight" the co-pilot turned in his seat and ordered everyone to buckle up, and that we were "going in" For some reason, the plane had a glass ceiling.We were luckily flying over water, and as we entered, the water came right over the top of the glass.I was sitting about half middle to back, on the right hand side.That was pretty much it.I can still recall that much to this day.But I remember the colours more then anything,somehow more colourful then real life.
About a week after this dream,a Tongan airlines, or one of them pasific island airlines, crash landed, ditching in the ocean.Only one person died, a man of about fifty,from a heart attack.He was sitting half middle to back,on the right hand side.I saw it on the news.The airline in question had paint scheme of all white, with a rainbow painted on it.I could never understand why I dream of things but cant connect them till they happen and I see them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join