It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophetic Dreaming: Is there a way to enhance or refine your ability to do so?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This is all very interesting input guys, thank you so much for your time!

Jamai_vu2012 - They deja vu dreams you talk of - do they happen often? And do you think that all Deja vu can be related in some form to dreaming? I hear so many people talk of Deja vu and most of the time, when I have experienced, I can relate it back to a dream. Be it a conversatioin happening in the same room, a newspaper headline, even a new dress that my boss purchased. All those events had previously just 'popped up' during a dream - however upon waking from the dream none seemed important enough to take too much notice of. So another theory - as a lot of people don't remember their dreams, and a lot of people have deja vu - could a basic form of prophetic dreaming and deja vu be one in the same?

Ashflash - I have started my dream log. A quick question, do you find that you dream more vividly around a full moon? I find that my dreams are often more eventful & jump around more around a full moon. I also seem to dream in black & white around the time I am ovulating, which is odd too.
I am keen to know more about your visions, and I will certainly give your method a go - I would be interested to compare results with you.

Skribal your airplane dream certainly does sound prophetic to some degree - what makes it difficult is that it was connected to a random event way beyond your control, so it makes me wonder how or why you were able to tune into such an event?

I have never heard of the Lord or Prophecy, & when time permits, I will look into him more.

I am wondering about lucid dreams. Had anyone ever had a prophetic, lucid dream, where they were able to ask & find out as much information as possible about the situation, in a way to avert the event in the waking world?

Out of interest & kind of off topic, I had a re-occurring nightmare the other night, where in the dream I suddenly realised I'd dreamt it before, & I knew what was going to happen, and I tried to warn people and change things, but it still played out like it always does - is that classified as a lucid dream?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I just want to let you all know that the term for many of these dreams is precognitive, when you do not know it until it starts to happen for real. I have had maybe ten in forty years, and they defy time and science as we know it. It is a real ability, my dreams have been exactly like what later happened, to the smallest detail.
In all but one, the event I dreamt about was not anything important, just a scene or period of time in my normal life. No psychological theories I have read explain what I have experienced, and so finally, when I was 39, I accepted them as being real, which led me to revise my definition of time. Linear time did not cut it for me any more.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Thanks for the clarification of what to call these types of dreams Black Guard.

The way you described your dreams is exactly what I experience - like a page taken out of a book you are reading, or a scene in a movie that you haven't gotten up to yet.

Could you explain how your pre-cognitive dreams re-defined your beliefs in time?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I went through some life altering events which caused me to become obsessed with finally taking a serious look at this precog thing, an urgent need to explain what I now felt was beyond doubt in my view to be real, true unexplained dreams. It took around ten days of focus before I came up with a way time could exist and allow precog to happen. It was the concept of time as a moment, the present being the only time there was. All the future and past exist in this moment, which I later found to be an idea others shared. It allows precog, whereas linear time, in my view, does not.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hey Merle, I know what tyou mean about sleep Paralysis, I've had it so many times it's not funny, and I never go with it because for some reason I have a terrible fear of suffocating, and sleep paralysis is just that, you can't move, you can't breathe and you're stuck until you either wake up or shake yourself out of it, and it always feels like I'm going to die if I don't shake myself out of it, do you ever feel that way?? Just asking..But one of the reasons that my name is what it is, is because I have many many prophetic dreams, Deja vu's and lucid dreams, and I love them because they support my belief that we do get messages from our subconscious, and from other places, how else could we have such tell tale dreams of real events, AS they come to pass??? Anyway,I hope we find a way in the near future to be able to control these dreams and visions, because I'd love to affect my own future by following one to the end and then reliving it..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join