It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Sen. Kennedy rushed to hospital

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Report: Sen. Kennedy rushed to hospital

www.msnbc.msn.com

U.S. Sen. Edward Kennedy, a leading Democrat, was rushed to the hospital Saturday, according to multiple media reports.

CNN said Kennedy had the symptoms of a stroke, according to Reuters, but local affiliate WHDH said his illness was not disclosed.

Kennedy, 76, was taken to the hospital by medical air transport. Kennedy is the senate's second senior member.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is a breaking story, so there's not much to say, but that our thoughts and prayers should be with the senator and his family.

Updates, as the come in.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yeah, this is all over the cable news networks. I hope he's ok.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I guess that this man is living proof that the rich/"elite" are not immune to obesity and horrible food caused/related problems.

Learn something new everyday.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Say what you will, he has done much good for Cape Cod, and people here love him and his family.

I understand his past is shady, but i hope for his quick recovery. Anyway, as i said on the other thread i started, i know he will get the best of care at Mass General Hospital. I'm concerned because the Cape Cod hospital is now among one of the top there is.

He needs to lose weight, stop drinking if he still is, and get on the ball with a good program to better health.

Anyway, i hope he pulls through.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I think that at this time, under these conditions, disrespectful, snide remarks are not really appropriate.

News sources are stating that those close to the senator say his condition is serious.

However, this is not a medical report, but obviously there is great concern for Kennedy's condition.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Say what you will, he has done much good for Cape Cod, and people here love him and his family.

I disagree quite often with the Senator but you cannot deny that he has served his constituents well over the years. You have to give him that.

CNN is reporting that a source told one of their reporters that Kennedy had actually made a phone call from Mass General. If this report is accurate it would be good news indeed for his prognosis.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Politics aside, I hope he makes a quick and complete recovery.

Still, I couldn't help but think of the state funeral he would get. It will probably be the largest since Reagans.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I think that at this time, under these conditions, disrespectful, snide remarks are not really appropriate.

With all due respect, is this a discussion thread? Or is it a 'Condolences Only' thread? I think the point is well made that we ALL pass from this life. Some I am happier to see go than others and that is my opinion and I am entitled to it. Thank you very much!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It was a stroke that disabled his father wasn't it? These days the treatment for strokes is incredible and hopefully he will be alright.

I just heard on CNN that they are now saying that it may not have been a stroke, but he may have suffered a seizure.

[edit on 5/17/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Obama, McCain Send Well Wishes to Kennedy

“We are putting in a call to Vicki Kennedy and we are going to try to figure out as quickly as possible [how he’s doing]” Sen. Barack Obama, campaigning in Eugene, Ore., told reporters Saturday morning. “Obviously my thoughts and prayers are with Teddy Kennedy, he is one of my favorite people.”

Presumptive Republican nominee Sen. John McCain also issued a statement: “I was very sorry to hear that Senator Kennedy has taken ill, and like millions of Americans, Cindy and I anxiously await word of his condition. [more]

Just to kick those in. I can't say I feel too bad about this, but I'm not over here cheering, either. Life goes on...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The man is 76 years old. A life time of abusing his body with food and drink will not be cured by starting a healthy lifestyle now. He is experiencing the consequences of aging. If he doesn’t pull through, I hope his passing is easy. I don’t wish death on anyone, but honestly folks; it’s a part of life. Everyone dies. I’m glad to see most people are putting aside their petty political agenda and beliefs to wish him a speedy recovery.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

But, you should be able to conduct yourself with dignity and engage in appropriate, objective analysis, avoiding cheap, juvenile, mean-spirited, verbal effluvium.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

But, you should be able to conduct yourself with dignity and engage in appropriate, objective analysis, avoiding cheap, juvenile, mean-spirited, verbal effluvium.

Dry your eyes.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
According to a more recent report, the senator suffered a seizure early this morning and another on his way to the hospital. The cause or causes of the seizures is unknown and it will be 48 hours before more is known.

A video report is included in the linked article.

Senator Edward M. Kennedy was rushed from his Hyannisport home to Massachusetts General Hospital this morning after an apparent seizure. One government official said the 76-year-old senator suffered a second seizure aboard a helicopter transport flight from the Cape to Boston.

Kennedy’s Senate office released a written statement just after 2 p.m. today offering the first official confirmation, saying, "It appears that Senator Kennedy experienced a seizure this morning. He is undergoing a battery of tests at Massachusetts General Hospital to determine the cause of the seizure. Senator Kennedy is resting comfortably, and it is unlikely we will know anything more for the next 48 hours."

www.boston.com...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smokersroom

Dry your eyes.

Grow up.

We can talk about my opinions of Ted Kennedy later.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Unfounded accusations all. My statement that all pass from this life is fact. My right to my opinion is fact.

I find your disassociation between the circumstances and the man incongruous. If it were not for his status, we would not be discussing the man at all.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I made no accusation at all.

Ted Kennedy has been in the Senate for 43 years. He is one of the most prominent politicians in the country, so in fact, Kennedy gets his share of the bandwidth here.

I'd just prefer that a discussion of the man's current health crisis not be sullied by crude, inappropriate comments.

I can see that that's beyond your comprehension, but that's your problem.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Gee, I wonder if Ted has Health Insurance?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

We're still wondering....

your OP stated it was a stroke @ 5:09 post
your follow-up (linked) report says he had a seizure @ 7:39 post

even if he winds up like Sharon did, he won't be suffering,
but his Senate seat needs to be filled right-way !
Is the Governor in charge of that ?

<<   2  3 >>

join