It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Sen. Kennedy rushed to hospital

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Initially, he was reported by the family as having stroke-like symptoms. After arriving at the hospital, it was revealed that he had had two seizures, one at home and the other on the way to the hospital.

He has undergone some tests, but the results will take 48 hours and in the meantime, he is reportedly "resting comfortably."

As more news becomes available, I, or someone else, will post it here.

[edit on 2008/5/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
But, you should be able to conduct yourself with dignity and engage in appropriate, objective analysis, avoiding cheap, juvenile, mean-spirited, verbal effluvium.

Is your idea of dignity, appropriateness, objective analysis, and avoidance of cheap, juvenile, mean-spirited and verbal effluvium a one-sided, no criticism, suppression of opinion discussion?

If this weren't a forum where anyone of any political stance and beliefs, no matter how radical short of openly endorsing violence, could openly share their honest opinions, no matter how controversial or against the norm and status quo they are, then I wouldn't be posting this right now.

But since it is not, I think I'll go ahead and give my honest opinion. You can take it for what it is, or you can ignore me. If you don't want an opposing side to your beliefs and values, then don't make a thread. This isn't a place where you have the right to express your beliefs and opinions while others, so long as they disagree with you, cannot.

So my honest opinion is I don't care. My thoughts and, even if I were religious, my prayers, are not with him.

I feel for his family. I know its tough seeing a family member like that.

But you know what, they won't be sending their thoughts and prayers my way when I, or one of my loved ones, is lying in a hospital bed with some disease or having suffered a heart attack or stroke. They won't feel bad for me. So give me one good reason why I should sit here at my computer, or in front of my TV, and give a damn about what he's going through?

You know who I want to think about and hope and pray for? My thoughts are with our men and women in uniform. My thoughts are with our first responders here at home, especially those suffering after 9/11. My thoughts are with the families of America who are suffering from the poor economy. My thoughts are with the hard-working families of America just trying to get by.

Those are the people I care about. Those are the people I can sympathize with and truly, deep down, feel saddened at their losses and their suffering at the hands of the greedy bastards that run this country.

And you know what? He's one of those greedy bastards. I don't care how long he's been in high office. That just shows that he's never done a damn thing to change the status quo, and thus, has never been forcibly removed from office by those whom truly control the elections.

You can care about his well being. Thats your right. But how about sending a little respect back the other direction as well?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I wonder what the latest is on this,

i sure hope he recovers and continues to help out

Cape Cod, and the government and the world.

He's a good man.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Initially, he was reported by the family as having stroke-like symptoms. After arriving at the hospital, it was revealed that he had had two seizures, one at home and the other on the way to the hospital.

A Stroke is from an interruption of blood to any region of one's brain

A Seizure is a major disruption of the brains' chemical-electrical function
probably resulting from an obese physique and liquored up brain...

sorry - only crocodile tears from this member

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
our thoughts and prayers are with the senator and his family.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I don't think you know who you're talking to.

I'm only asking that people not bash the senator in a thread about his medical crisis, yet there are those who can't help but attribute to me opinions that I don't hold.

Annoying and intersting, but not surprising.

The senator's condition will not be known until Monday at the earliest, so this thread may have run it's course.

[edit on 2008/5/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
From what I have heard, seizures though sounding better than a stroke, are usually brought on by some other underlying problem with stroke being one of many possibilities. Considering he just had surgery to avoid a stroke, he still may not be out of the woods yet.

And for what it's worth Grady, I applaud your request for respectful replies for someone who is probably not on your Christmas card list. It is members like you that uphold the standard of ATS.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Actually, I don't think there are that many people here who know who they're talking to in the REAL world. Or were you refering to some 'power' that you have here at ATS?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

You ascribe to me things that are known by most to be antithetical to my character and stated political views.

In fact, you have misconstrued every one of my posts that you've responded to.

I would remind you that Senator Kennedy's medical condition is the topic of this thread.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

In fact, you have misconstrued every one of my posts that you've responded to.

From your point of view, I'm sure that's true. I, however, have a different point of view. I refuse to kiss someones behind just because they fall ill. If you disagree with someones values, then have the guts to say so regardless of circumstances.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Darn. I was hoping Teddy Boy would drown in a river just for the sense of irony, instead of falling ill and succumbing to old age. I guess there is still hope if he lives.

Mary Jo Kopechne (July 26, 1940 – July 18, 1969)

Ted deserves less. Maybe shot by Dick Cheney in a "hunting accident"! The fact of the matter is he is one politician I absolutely DESPISE. What good has he done for Cape Cod exactly? This is the same guy that drowned his consort because of his drinking, pushed for "wind power" but sang a different tune when a company wanted to install windmills within view from one of his ocean-front homes (got the project cancelled), and has done everything he could to undermine the US in Iraq. I suppose since hes a liberal it is ok that this slab of feces is a murderer. If it were you or me without Teddy's "connections", you could bet we'd be sitting in a jail cell for the death of Mary Jo Kopechne instead of "playing" a Senator of Massachusetts.

Your "hero" is not mine........to hell with him!

Just My Honest Opinion

EDIT: Is he dead ye.......er.....has anyone heard the latest on his condition? I'm just trying to stay on topic here.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by CreeWolf]

[edit on 18-5-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I beleive he is still alive, thank goodness. As another human, i do wish him well, and i also beleive its bad Karma to wish another to drown or die.

Grady has today shown me a lesson. Like someone said, he's not on your Christmas list, but you're not here to badmouth him, you're here posting on his condition, and i respect you very much for that,Grady.

Grady
Thank you.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

drown or die.

Drowning is how she went. Funny you should mention it. But I'm sure her life means nothing to you. It means something to me.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
I guess that this man is living proof that the rich/"elite" are not immune to obesity and horrible food caused/related problems.

Learn something new everyday.

Heh. Fat and obese with a stroke is interesting if you are in your thirties...I think at 76, it might be attributed to age and genetics, especially as Rose Kennedy went down the same route...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I've heard Sen. Kennedy is a drinker. It's very possible that his body is so dependent on alcohol to keep his blood sugar level up. In the event he has no alcohol in his system his blood sugar level would drop causing seizures. I've seen this happen with a couple of my friends. One walked outside of church and fell on the sidewalk in a seizure, had a second and third one at the hospital before they'd administer 2mg Adavan. I'm wondering if this is what happened to Ted Kennedy. I'm glad I quit drinking! I do hope the man will be ok.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Unfounded accusations all. My statement that all pass from this life is fact. My right to my opinion is fact.

This is my favorite post on any forum anywhere ever. The faux outrage and passionate declaration of 'rights'! Lets all dig in on the controversial 'all pass from this life' 'fact'. That was really right on target for the topic!

This from the poster who hath an Ear and is in the hands of God but chooses an icon of an eye -- that eye being of a demonic force! Certainly no Hypocrisy there!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Unfounded accusations all. My statement that all pass from this life is fact. My right to my opinion is fact.

This is my favorite post on any forum anywhere ever. The faux outrage and passionate declaration of 'rights'! Lets all dig in on the controversial 'all pass from this life' 'fact'. That was really right on target for the topic!

This from the poster who hath an Ear and is in the hands of God but chooses an icon of an eye -- that eye being of a demonic force! Certainly no Hypocrisy there to Deny! One star for you for embodying so perfectly the qualities that typify ATS!

[edit on 18-5-2008 by wytworm]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Just a gentle reminder to everyone to stay on topic.
Please post about Senator Kennedy and his illness and updates on it.
Please avoid discussing each other and stick with the story.

Thanks.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I don't think I need to know who I'm talking to in order to respond to you. You posted your thoughts on the matter at hand and I responded.

What you have stated in this thread and in this thread only is what I responded to. I'm not going by what I've seen you say in other threads on other topics. This is the topic and that is what I'm focusing on.

I'm only asking that people not bash the senator in a thread about his medical crisis, yet there are those who can't help but attribute to me opinions that I don't hold.

What about other people's medical crisis? I bet someone somewhere else just died of a seizure. Where is your remorse for them?

Why should we baby this fat, greedy, murdering bastard simply because we know his name?

This thread is about his medical condition and I have expressed my opinion on his medical condition. That opinion is that I don't care and would hope that it gets worse.

I'm sorry, but I don't play the political correctness game just to seem like an upstanding member at ATS. Thats not how I am, and if you have an issue with that, then you can simply ignore me.

reply to post by CreeWolf

I wish I could give you an applause.

[edit on 5/18/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Any additonal news this morning?

I've been wondering if the original reports are factual - which is serious enough - or if the reports are designed to make the public feel better as well as allow some time for the behind the scenes jockying that goes one when a powerful public figure falls ill.

After time passes, we usually find out things were much worse than first reported.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join