It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian statue on mars?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Comments by the above posters supporting the idea that this is "proof" of alien life existing at some point on mars, are the same folks who go into the woods and randomly take pics and then get the film developed and try to make figures outta the contrast in the light and dark in those photos and call them "woodspirits".
It's obviously a rock that is eroded, I have a pic of a rock formation that looks suspeciouslly like a woodpecker, but it's just two rocks.
Common guys, ya'll read waaay too much into some of these things, they're just rock formations, if there were signs of intelligent life Nasa would hide it from us, plain and simple.

-Jimmy

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
anyone read my findings? Please.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

Yes, yes, we saw it. Its very interesting.

Patience please

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
So can anyone tell me the approximate size of that "Statue"?

It seems interesting nonetheless...
Real unique "Rock Formation" at that.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
i would just like too sayWOW awsome pics. and i wonder what mikesingh will think of it?? and i also have to say the nasa conference was not what i expected at all what a dissapointment

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

In this picture you can see a few more of the "platforms", and it seems that they are caused by a strata of the layered rock sliding off, into the talus slope below. This adds weight to the idea that these are unusual but natural formations. IMO.

Thanks for that pic, ArMaP.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
reply to post by ArMaP

In this picture you can see a few more of the "platforms", and it seems that they are caused by a strata of the layered rock sliding off, into the talus slope below. This adds weight to the idea that these are unusual but natural formations. IMO.

Thanks for that pic, ArMaP.

Good point.

But the platform would NOT be as flat.

Meaning these platforms or what ever they are were made by something other then natural resource, taking out the fact of rocks.

It is too flat for the processes of rocks rubbing down the surface.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
People see what they want to see.

In this case, in my opinion, the mars image it looks like natural rock formation

I googled for "interesting rock formations" and found this.

It's in the badlands of Alberta Canada

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

okay what the hell, that is totally photoshopped and if it's not then how the hell could you say that it's just us seeing what we want to see. That IS a face, undeniably. I need to look more into that.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Jesus Christ....some of you people on here are deranged.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
the question keeps coming up on size and name of spot.
www.nasa.gov...
i posted it on page 4 but it might have been missed since the thread is growing rapidly.

This Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity Pancam "super resolution" mosaic of the approximately 6 m (20 foot) high cliff face of the Cape Verde promontory was taken by the rover from inside Victoria Crater, during the rover's descent into Duck Bay. Super-resolution is an imaging technique which utilizes information from multiple pictures of the same target in order to generate an image with a higher resolution than any of the individual images. Cape Verde is a geologically rich outcrop and is teaching scientists about how rocks at Victoria crater were modified since they were deposited long ago. This image complements super resolution mosaics obtained at Cape St. Mary and Cape St. Vincent and is consistent with the hypothesis that Victoria crater is located in the middle of what used to be an ancient sand dune field. Many rover team scientists are hoping to be able to eventually drive the rover closer to these layered rocks in the hopes of measuring their chemistry and mineralogy.

i find the statue like rock interesting but agree that at another angle it may look different. but there are square holes, and markings all over this spot. i even said earlier it looks like a little creature with a tail is near one of the holes. if we had multiple pictures and in color[not added color] we may know more. if you read above they want to take closer pictures.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

I think we're looking at a vertical cliff face there rather than a path. It does look a bit more "weathered" than the area around it.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
alright, if it were an Egyptian statue then how did it survive erosion in that horrible mars climate. I mean if you look at the pyramids or whatever they are in bad shape yet they are in way better weather than over there.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Nice post! Usually these finds are ridiculous, but this one takes a bit less imagination to visualize.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Wow, this is really great now im really starting get some theorys about what is going on, up there, i would share it with you but its too much to put together and hard to explain. But this is a really great fine

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

Nope. The Indian Head is real. There are many threads here on the anomaly. The picture in question is interesting, no proof of anything, but interesting nonetheless. I do also think that platform is something of interest too. Almost looks like an old empire, or castles quarter that has been empty for millions of years.

AAC

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
My first reaction was H0LY Moly!

I did not need any comparison, I recognized the statue right away.
Excellent find. The evidence just keeps building!!

Star & Flag

[edit on 17-5-2008 by 1freelectron]

Mod note: Do not evade the censors.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 17-5-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by iammonkey
While looking at pictures of mars. There was something on the picture that grabbed my attention.

You can prove this, how? Have you been there physically? Any other higher resolution photos for this from different angles? If your answer is no then in occam's razor you are just seeing statues in rocks.

This is just another of those "I'm seeing faces/statues/jesus/bigfoot in rocks" thread from countless and countless of threads here.

This threads has been debunked for no furhter evidence other than blurry /ambiguous photos. You weren't there.

Nothing to see here folks. Move along.... Move along....

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Macrotus]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Ok right its a fascinating photo no doubt, the pathway going up above the statue is even more interesting to me than the statue.

But my problem ultimately is this...... WHY do we trust images just because they come from NASA?
Really I dont understand why so many people on ATS kinda rely on NASA pics as if we trust them, DO WE? I dont. To me its all iluminati on the 'disclosure' path.. hopefully Im wrong.

Ok look if they edited those tiny little blurry box areas for god knows what reason -- not that there could be much behind them....... WHY didnt they edit out the statue aswel? or anything else that 'shouldnt be there'.

Surely all these images get screened before being shown to the public?

And what the hell is that 'downsampled EDR' image is this our stuff?

on this link someone posted earlier marsrovers.nasa.gov...

I am clueless with our space toys and all that but I still cannot trust NASA.

[edit on 05/09/2008 by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2
Ok right its a fascinating photo no doubt, the pathway going up above the statue is even more interesting to me than the statue.

But my problem ultimately is this...... WHY do we trust images just because they come from NASA?
Really I dont understand why so many people on ATS kinda rely on NASA pics as if we trust them, DO WE? I dont. To me its all iluminati on the 'disclosure' path.. hopefully Im wrong.

Ok look if they edited those tiny little blurry box areas for god knows what reason -- not that there could be much behind them....... WHY didnt they edit out the statue aswel? or anything else that 'shouldnt be there'.

Surely all these images get screened before being shown to the public?

And what the hell is that 'downsampled EDR' image is this our stuff?

on this link someone posted earlier marsrovers.nasa.gov...

I am clueless with our space toys and all that but I still cannot trust NASA.

[edit on 05/09/2008 by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2]

Listen closely. There is filtered and unfiltered images we get from NASA, The filtered ones we are shown. The UNfilted ones are hidden in a top secret folder / area for scientists and high profile government officals to review. This has been proven due to the recent hack / security breach on NASA computers. The chinese hackers exploited NASA and NASA lies just as much to us as our own government. The only people you CAN trust is your fellow UFO Researchers and UFO Communitys. At least we are the ones not being "FAKE" about things.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join