It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian statue on mars?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macrotus

Originally posted by iammonkey
While looking at pictures of mars. There was something on the picture that grabbed my attention.

You can prove this, how? Have you been there physically? Any other higher resolution photos for this from different angles? If your answer is no then in occam's razor you are just seeing statues in rocks.

Let me see if I understand what you just posted. You want me to prove that this photo grabbed my attention.

I posted it

! The theory I have put forward is based on the photo from NASA because that is all I have. Nowhere in my post have I made a claim that I was there to take the photo. Now let me ask you the same illogical question. Can you prove it did not grab your attention? see how silly the question is

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Nice find, i love looking through the mars photography.

Does the article posted by "internos" state that the cliff face is only approx 6m tall?
that would make the statue only about 20cm tall????

I am leaning more towards a natural outcrop with an interesting light effect.

IMHO..

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

Ok.. but I cant help wonder if the 'hacking' issue is all part of the plan... its not like they arent smart enough to plan so many steps ahead.. the chess strategy psychological lot they are.. its what they do isnt it? whats stopping NASA from creating photo anomalies... and then letting them get hacked?

Where can I read about the whole hacking / chinese issue and what you just said please? [save me googling]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Anyone see the little "cat" that seems to be peeking out from behind the rock just to the lower left of the "Statue"? It's a white shape that's half exposed, or at least appears that way, from the rock.

Just wanted to point it out...

TheBorg

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
WoW!! Great and fantastic find! It really does look like something out of "EGYPT" and this brings into question of course natural formations etc, however judging by the way this looks, there needs to be a fuller explanation by a closer look etc.

Strd and flgd!!!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

You mean this little fella? is it a cat ...or could it be an OWL?

Now we are delving into that paredoila or however they spell it... seeing shapes and things.. but the statue is definately Egyptian looking.. to me.

[edit on 05/09/2008 by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey

how do you know that that actually is'nt a picture of a Egyptian stature from Earth, t might not be a picture taken on Mars.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Interesting that you mention an owl, because right next to the statue, I see an image of an owl sketched into the rock.

I think if they were to carve such a small statue it would likely be on a tomb.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Yes, and it looks like some small squares were made to cover something on the NAZA original.

Its amazing to see how many of you have not noticed!!

I was trained at DINFOS, look it up.

Sensitizing an image is standard practice when by releasing a piece of information would cause unrepairable damage to national security.

They only way to overcome business as usual is to launch your own rocket or craft with a package of sensing devices.

If the Air Force doesn't blow it up first, you might actually get to see something.

No I'm not John Lear or Sleeper or any person that has inside information, but I know what I was trained to do when ordered to. It still goes on.

Since the British have released their UFO's files and the Pope has declared that believing in beings from other planets is OK, I'd say we're not far off from a lot of old men suddenly turning up missing or suffering from a sudden stroke so that their secrets remain with them.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

Any chance you can show us that owl you see? do you mean on our right hand side on that piece of wall next to it? is it about the same size as the statue?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Yeah I see that aswel I just thought everyone knew already about the 'path'.. and yeah I saw the black bit at the end as if it could be a doorway.

But then Im hearing how this statue thing is tiny... so if thats tiny how could the path be a path? unless its not tiny and its huge. Who done the maths for its size? how reliable is that?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I just joined ATS to add to this thread. This is my first post. On the full NASA pic, if you go 90* vertical exactly two lenths of the subject statuary, then go 90* horizontal to the left, the imaginary line will put you into the belly button of a seated fat man statue.

I will try to figure out how to post an edited photoshop, but I am certain someone (an ATS regular) will edit and post what I am pointing out before I learn the ATS procedures...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
As much as I don't believe in life on mars, I cannot dismiss the slight possibility that perhaps there was live millions of years ago. Which makes me fascinated by these pictures. I understand that it most likely is nothing..

But check this out!

This actually made my hair stand up on the back of my neck. Anyone see the dead body looking thing?

Had to post it

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hey everyone (my first post, should have joined a long time ago)
I found this tube-like formation in the full version of the original picture in the first post of this thread..
(the tube is in the center of this picture)

I'm just pointing it out because I don't think it looks like it could be a natural formation.. what do you guys think?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
TOUR18. Welcome aboard please try to post the picture. It would be interesting

Anonymous. Yes that thought has crossed my mind many times.

P-a-r-a-d-o-x-2. My mother always told me size didn’t matter

but again we can only go by what NASA is telling us. The fact that they airbrush and smug things out, makes me think that they would lie about other things. Like the scale, height distance of things.

Samureyed. Very good. This picture has a lot of weird things in. I have downloaded other pictures of rock faces on earth ,just out of curiosity. But never find anything that blows me away

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
I'd too write off the "Face" as pareidolia

never fails... every thread with an anomaly... someone feels it necessary to give us the 'pareidolia speech'

I think I will make a 'top ten list' of skeptic responses and they can just give us the number... and save a lot of band width

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
As anyone can see in this image, those things do not appear on the original photos.

So are you saying that the 'super resolution' images thus created are invalid for looking at anomalies?

After all is that not the purpose of NASA making these images? To give better resolution to see what is there?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor
People see what they want to see.

No as in this case you just posted EVERYONE including skeptics see THE SAME THING...

And who says that one wasn't carved by Aliens?
Can you prove it wasn't?

Also on the Mars image in the OP... again we are not seeing what we want to see... EVERYONE sees THE SAME EGYPTIAN STATUE... whether it is one or not is irrelevant to the fact that we all see the same thing

[edit on 17-5-2008 by zorgon]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Anyone see the little "cat" that seems to be peeking out from behind the rock just to the lower left of the "Statue"? It's a white shape that's half exposed, or at least appears that way, from the rock.

Just wanted to point it out...

TheBorg

There are no cats on Mars, just kidding. I do see the white cat with its tail. Photo taken of Viking Lander 1 sight showed the first cat I had ever seen on Mars and I could not believe my eyes. The cat had big rounded eyes, wide face and a big fluffy tail. This came from a raw photo that I had seen in a book and I will try to find the photo. Rik Riley

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Excellent find, Star and Flag.

This just convinces me more that there was/is life on Mars at one time at least.

For the people who say it’s too small (6cm), please think “outside the box”. So what if its 6cm tall, how do you know that life on mars (if there is/was), might only be 1cm tall. That’s one of the big things about another life form not from here; you have to remember it probably won’t be like us, so it could be tiny, or huge. Just think outside the box next time, you’re not looking for humans, your looking for something very different.

Also remember, NASA seem to edit a lot of these pictures and smudge things out, so how do we know they are not lying about scale and size?

Once again excellent find, not something that can be dismissed straight away as “shadow” or “light trick”.

Mikey

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join