It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Granny Ghost Video Freaks Out Half Of Asia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
This video has surfaced recently of an apparent granny ghost in an elevator, captured by an office building's CCTV system in Singapore.

It was also shown on CNN.
It's a pretty long one, but the end of the video worth it.

www.youtube.com...

Thoughts are welcome.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I played it frame by frame, and it isn't a CGI effect. The man was right against the lift, so if she had been there physically, he wouldn't have been able to stand so close. Also, prior to them entering the lift, you see a light anomaly in the lift prior to them entering.

If you play it frame by frame, you will see that she moves from one wall into another in the lift. Obviously, where the lift is now, there must have been a floor of another building where obviously this business now stands.

It is an amazing clip, but I could not see any signs of tampering. I think it is authentic.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
*cracks neck*

If false, whatever they did to fake it was amazing.

One thing occurs to me though - this building has obviously been about for quite some time, so why hasn't this occured before?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
if the "ghost" was really there, and even if only the camera could pick it up, there should still be a reflection of those light waves on the walls of the lift. just like there are reflections of light and the two guys when they walk in/leave the lift...

-MRX-

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
screams fake to me, dont know why it just seems really cliched a little old woman and the way it appears as though created to make you jump also adding a few little whisps before hand to create a bit of tension. its very good but i just think somewhere someone is laughing their backsides off at the reaction to their film. the truth will come out about this one im sure

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Hi guys, there's already been 2 threads posted about this. Its a pr marketing stunt by a HR firm in singapore. Do a search.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I did an analysis of a frame-shot from this video and found it very interesting.
There are beings who merge together to form into any kind of shape and form they choose and they are composed in such a way where they can be seen in photographs and movies... sometimes they are seen on playback right after they are recorded, as the granny ghost that's seen in this video is, but this also gives clue that there may be other anomalous images in the photo too and one sometimes can see those other images when one makes contrast adjustments in each section of the photo so that whatever is there can be seen.

You can see the faces of these beings in the form of the "granny". So is this too a human disincarnate? I think so but those beings are the creators of these forms. In any case, if you look at the one section of the elevator wall in back of the 'granny', you will see a scene of a crowd of people.. I found that interesting and I've seen it before in a number of photo's of this kind.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Couldn't they have just spliced one video over the other to create this effect?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Sure! They could have done that but I would not have analyzed this "ghost" unless I saw some intriguing "faces" on the form of the granny.

It's very typical of such forms to have a 'face' showing in what would be the abdominal area -- and this one definitely had that (look at female face projecting out under the granny's folded arms) so I think this is the real ghost for this reason and also because there are larger Asian looking parts of faces in this photo too.. It all seems to support that this one could be real.

IMHO.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wang_ke_~

There has been an influx of ATS pictures using this photo manipulation to show things that aren't there. Am I the only one who doesn't see anything in this pictures?!?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix

There has been an influx of ATS pictures using this photo manipulation to show things that aren't there. Am I the only one who doesn't see anything in this pictures?!?

It's not a very good one and it would take a trained eye to see anything in that image. Just thought I'd post my .02 worth.
But thanks for your comment.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
"At GMP, a regional recruitment and HR consultancy, we want to highlight the dangers of working late. Stress, fatigue and ill health are just a few (and if you are really unlucky, you might meet a ghost). Work-life balance is something we hold close to our hearts."

See the video from the recruiting company here: speaklookhear.blogspot.com...

It was a very clever idea, and pretty creepy too. : )

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well that makes sense!
I analyzed a few other frameshots of this "ghost" and was not seeing as many anomalous 'faces" as one normally would see if it was real... turns out it's not so I'm not surprised.

These "faces" show up in a lot movies and photo's when one does a contrast analysis on them regardless if there's any kind of high strangeness going on. If there are a lot of clear faces then this so far has indicated to me that there's some kind of paranormal activity going on there... but in these frameshots from this movie, I wasn't seeing that.

This said though, it's interesting how there were some faces on the form of the 'granny' but as it turns out, they were just there anyway.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

That granny video instantly struck me as fake. It just seemed too built up. Also, there was a similar video done a few months back in the same style (four security cameras) that supposedly showed someone getting abducted. It was really well done like this one and had similar blackout and video disruption effects.

As for seeing faces in videos, most of the time you just see what you want to see:

...wiki/Pareidolia

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
holy crap! Nice video!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I thought it was an interesting concept in a Blair Witch kinda way. It really did catch me by surprise when that "ghost" appeared in it like that... didn't expect that.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
dudes....did you guys not read... it's a pr marketing stunt by a hr company. There's already 2 threads on it and I posted the links over there. Do a search.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
actually, i spend a full day last week with the video production company who made this clip (a singapore company that we commissioned to do a video - not ghost related: ). They + their client were blown away with the impact the clip had worldwide.

Needless to say they were pretty proud of their work and had a lot of fun doing it.

mr.Jones

edit for spellingz

[edit on 19/5/2008 by mister Jones]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Were is the picture or the video. When was it taken and it is very intersting no so scary thoe

Google Video Link

new topics

top topics

join